Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The other one
#326 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 4:57 AM
Default Blood Red: Chapter 5

Last chapter: After pitching in to evacuate who they could from the hospital, they come up with a simple plan; Jada will go ahead and try to intercept the Red Raiders in the hope that they’ll give up the chase. Rurik is reluctant to leave her and hangs around but he gets in another argument with Jada (bickering siblings ) which leads to him truly opening up to her for the first time. Just then, the Red Raiders shoot him and Jada is faced with losing him for real. She realises he was telling the truth and that she too feels their connection. She’s dragged off him and piled into a troop carrier just as the Red Raiders attack the hospital.
Also, just as a reminder, GI = Genome Interrogator (the proximity detection device used to determine if someone has the red gene or not).

~~~~

Advertisement
Test Subject
#327 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 4:59 AM
Default Chapter 5: Three Parts of a Whole

Word Count: 2371
Pictures: 0
Hero Type: The Atoner
Current Plot Point:
Previous Plot Points: Seven Deadly Sins, Last Chance, Pride Before a Fall, Mysterious Past, Redemption Quest
Song Lyric: “If happy ever after did exist…” Maroon 5, Payphone
Bonus: Point of View: John Ross: 471 words
The other one
#328 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 5:10 AM
Phew! Three minutes to go!

I have a bonus pic just 'cause it made me giggle but it's a bit of a spoiler so if you're planning to read my story at all don't click this until you have

ETA: Sabri O_O with one minute to go *takes hat off*
Test Subject
#329 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 6:16 AM Last edited by Viva1994 : 16th Sep 2012 at 11:53 PM. Reason: forgot some information
Previously on: Suzanna Trench went to hell and back all for her best friend Bram Adams, she braved the nefarious Company and sorta defeated them (but not really). After being faced with the decision over the life of her best friend, who was a turned Company vampire, and the good of the city, which was plagued by these vampires, she chose Bram. The woman who dragged her on the adventure: Valentina Victor was not happy with this choice. In the end, the supposed villain Jacob Victor and Valentina spirited away, leaving Suzanna alone with an unconscious Bram with no real hope for survival...

Current Plot Point: Redemption Quest

Previous Plot Points: The Cake was a Lie, Move Heaven and Earth, Finding Judas, Meet Cute, Mind over Matter

Word Count: 3,000

Picture Count: 21

Custom Content: Legal content? HAH! (I even made some...)
Test Subject
#330 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 7:42 AM
Timing
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
ETA: Sabri O_O with one minute to go *takes hat off*

Ha! Yeah, last round it was right on the dot.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#331 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 4:49 PM
Oh my God guys! I am SO sorry. My husband was due in on the 15th and I've had his parents here, getting ready for his arrival. Unfortunately, they had some travel issues so the arrival got pushed back 2 days. Which means he will be home this afternoon. I am so excited but admit that I dropped the ball a little on this contest at the end. Anyone who got their entry in, regardless of what minute it was posted will be counted.

~ Tamlyn, you just highlight the quote you would like counted, regardless of which order it was used in. If you want to go back and change it, I won't penalize for that since a) I never answered you in a timely manner and b) you're not changing the words/story, just which quote is highlighted. Also, f words are fine if it fits your story
~ Splad, I know that you're withdrawal was more for time and if you made time, fantastic. We will score you on that. Glad that we could see what happens with Eric!

I am so glad that each and everyone of you have stuck through with this thing. That is a large accomplishment in and of itself. I will be sending notes to the judges for scoring but, please be aware that I might not be getting to tally these up for about a week. I am going to try my damnedest to get them done before then and may enlist help if needed but coming home from a 7 month deployment puts my husband first. I love all y'all and will do everything I can not to keep you waiting too long. I am sorry again for keeping you waiting so far these past 2 days.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Site Helper
#332 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 1:44 AM
I think that with all the extensions you gave us, it's only fair that we give you one.

Enjoy spending some time with your husband. My hubby spent some time in the Air Force, and I know what those 6-8 month (or 2 year, once) remotes are like for the family left behind.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Forum Resident
#333 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 7:30 AM
When I seen it on FB I squeeled for joy Heaven. So excited for you babe!!! xxx

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Scholar
#334 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 8:30 AM
So glad he's finally coming home, Heaven. Take your time.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Field Researcher
#335 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 11:59 AM
I picked the quote I wanted to underline.

That's a very good reason for disappearing, Heaven. Enjoy your husband
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#336 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 11:40 PM
Thanks guys! I love your attitude and that you're so forgiving. The judges are working on things and I can assure you we'll do our best not to keep y'all waiting too long!

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Forum Resident
#337 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 12:41 AM
A song for you heaven

Test Subject
#338 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 1:53 PM
A great end! After all.... a Hero!
Site Helper
#339 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 2:39 AM

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Field Researcher
#340 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 2:43 AM
One of the judges wanted to know how I did a picture in round 4 and I forgot about it and randomly remembered just now. *sorry*

`
Field Researcher
#341 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 3:37 AM
Very creative, Qnshr5! I was wondering too. Neat stuff!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#342 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 4:15 AM
Round 5 Scores

Last scores, last scores, yay!!! I really, really cannot even begin to express how much I appreciate the fact that you all have been so patient about getting thes scores back. Husband’s mom was here for a week, then the husband came home, and then I had to go back to work and work all through the weekend. Am finally getting caught up on EVERYTHING I’ve had lying around waiting.

Remember, if you have an issue with your scores, please come to me instead of disgruntled posts here or trying to PM the judges. The scores are averaged between all 3 judges. Instead of rounding to the nearest half point, scores are just rounded to the first decimal.
ContestantTotal
Spladoum94.3
ReyaD96.7
Ghost_sdoj93.7
Viva199493.7
Qnshr5103.7
Tamlyn100.7
Sabri575.0
LadyAwesome71.3
missroxor101.7

Scholar
#343 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 4:31 AM
Congrats everyone! I'm so impressed by how many people finished all 5 rounds, and I LOVED reading all the stories. I really hope a few of you will continue the story after the contest, since that is EXACTLY what I'm doing.

The story of Dawn and Erisia will be continued in Project: Orycalcos.

I have the first chapter almost done, and I'm looking forward to doing a non-legacy story for once. Hope you guys will read.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
The other one
#344 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 4:45 AM
Hey, I got the plot twister award in the first story contest too ...sadly enough I think I'm good at plot twists for the same reason I win at poker; I'm so clueless as to WTH I'm doing most of the time that nobody else is able to predict what my next call is gonna be anymore than I can!

Anyway, congrats to all who made it through to the end and hope those that didn't join the next one (you said it heaven so now it has to happen!! )

Also, a great big thanks to all the judges and heaven! It was probably just as big a job for you guys as it was for us, thanks for sticking it out and giving lots of really well thought out and useful feedback

Right, I need to finish reading all of these now before the thread's closed!
Inventor
#345 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 5:44 AM
Well - I just wanted to give everyone a big congratulations for finishing/participating/having the guts to put your story forth for judging.

It's been fun!

"Goonies never say die."
Interstellar Traveler
#346 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 11:18 AM
Congratulations everyone! This was such a fun contest to judge because I love to see all of your creativy in different genres! I am so impressed by the great amount of plots and talent that you all possess! Even in the rough spots, you all were able to manage and kept putting forth all of your creative strength! You are all wonderful writers and I hope to see more from you all some day!

It has been very fun to judge.. and yes heaven.. I would love to see another story contest one day

-SeeMyu

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Field Researcher
#347 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 12:20 PM
Thanks everyone for the stories! I'm so glad so many people managed to finish (even though some had to go without pictures!). Thanks so much Heaven for hosting and to all the lovely judges for judging
Site Helper
#348 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 8:07 PM
Congratulations, Splad! And thank you for a fun contest, Heaven. (Now get back to your husband!)

And thank you to all the judges. I appreciated your feedback. I've enjoyed everyone's stories. I would also like to see another storytelling contest.

Test Subject
#349 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 1:45 AM
It's been wonderful being in this! Everybody really did an awesome job and I supremely enjoyed being in the fold. I will most definitely try to make it into the next cycle... What a ride!
Forum Resident
#350 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 2:42 AM
<3

Thanks everyone :D

Page 14 of 15