Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#251 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 6:02 PM
Just wondering....Can you use this plugin to Blender as well?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#252 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 6:45 PM
Babe77 - No. As it says, it's for Milkshape. Will not work with Blender at all.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#253 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 3:27 PM
Sorry for bother you. But I have a problem and I can't find the mistake myself.

I use MilkShape 1.8.4 and UniMesh 4.09A. But I use the german SimPE 0.66.

My problem is that the import of the x.5gd change the name like IngeJones write before. Okay I have cange it manual, but the cribgate doesn't work.
At the Model Sheet it looks like the original package. But by the Elements I miss the Morph Files... (like MorphVertexDelta etc.)

Could anybody help me to find the answer, or a tut were helpful.
Lab Assistant
#254 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 4:01 PM
magicdawnplayer-Hmmm....if you are assigning your joint for the gate to the proper vertices before you export your new mesh, it should work in game. Are you assigning your vertices for the gate to the right joint?

Quote: Originally posted by magicdawnPlayer
Sorry for bother you. But I have a problem and I can't find the mistake myself.

I use MilkShape 1.8.4 and UniMesh 4.09A. But I use the german SimPE 0.66.

My problem is that the import of the x.5gd change the name like IngeJones write before. Okay I have cange it manual, but the cribgate doesn't work.
At the Model Sheet it looks like the original package. But by the Elements I miss the Morph Files... (like MorphVertexDelta etc.)

Could anybody help me to find the answer, or a tut were helpful.

[COLOR=DarkRed][I]I think that the only real way to be hypocrisy free is to stand up for nothing…and I’d rather deal with sometimes being a hypocrite than wake up one day, prostrate in my own apathy.
. *Me*
Test Subject
#255 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 4:22 PM
Thanks for you reply KevinsHope

but I'm not sure...
I have assigned the vertices to the morphmod in MilkShape befor I export and I have copy the comment from the originalpackage in.
But there a no joints in like other files...
Test Subject
#256 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 9:04 PM Last edited by magicdawnPlayer : 1st Nov 2008 at 10:32 PM.
I have check a bit. I extract the 5gd file from SimPE and import the AC4F8687-0EB5DE3B-1C050000-FFF7BB57.5gd with UniMesh 4.09A in MilkShape 1.8.4. Now I select the groups and assign the material. I haven't change anything at the mesh, but now I can only see the morphmods in the window with the texture on it and nothing else.
How could it be?
Is it a problem with the new MilkShape or my 'old' SimPE 0.66. I can't find any reason... (Perhaps it's a mistake I overlook?)
Oh, I've download the tool with OpenGL because of some errors.
But the great problem is after the import of the xxx.5gd file.
#257 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 3:18 AM
I need help. For some reason when I try to use the importer I just get a message saying my copy isn't registered, and that if I want to use MilkShape I need to buy a registration code from the site... WTF??
Lab Assistant
#258 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 9:29 PM
You have to pay for MilkShape it isn't a freeby.
#259 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 11:46 PM
*runs into closet to rage in secret*

Dear god, this whole modding scene is one frustration after another...

Bother.

Thank you.
Test Subject
#260 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 8:28 PM
I am not sure what the problem is, Its when I click to edit a second set of vertexes it crashes. I downloaded the OPenGL drives to see if that works but no luck ><. Its always the second set, when i do a first set it works fine. I even tried it with different vertexes, i still get the same result. I even redid the mesh over to make sure i didn't have more than one set of skeletons

Any sugesstions? I currently have Unimesh Bone tool 4.09, and Milkshape 1.8.4 (and 1.8.2)
Test Subject
#261 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 1:30 PM Last edited by pandababies : 22nd Dec 2008 at 1:42 PM.
Default help please
can someone please post a dowload link button for WesH's Unimesh Plugin for Milkshape i cant find the download button anywhere as dumb as that sounds ?!!?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#262 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 4:13 PM
Err, the Unimesh plugins are attached to the first post in this thread right at the bottom - UniMeshPlugins.zip. But if you can't even find the link, you may want to think twice about meshing - meshing is a lot more difficult and complicated than finding an attachment link, and I fear if you can't do that without help, meshing is going to be way over your head.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#263 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 11:40 PM
I'm new to all of this! Soo.. If there are super beginner tutorials just to use milkshape that would be aweosme. Are there?

*Sits on edge of seat*

Gimp? Photoshop? What the... What does that mean,, You know your a newbie when,,,
Test Subject
#264 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 3:33 AM
I have a Mac OS X and I'm having trouble finding a meshing program that will work on my computer. The only thing I've found so far is something called meshwork - which won't open. Does anyone know of a good meshing program that is compatible with Macs?
Test Subject
#265 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 9:33 PM
I can't wait to try this
thank you so much ^_^
Lab Assistant
#266 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 3:50 AM
I`m also reporting a glitch - simmilar to one alovingdiva has - my milkshape crashes when I`m assigning bone weights to my hair/body meshes. I`m also using milk shape 1.8.4.

Can anyone PLEASE take the effort of trying to solve this?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#267 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 2:19 AM
This has been answered many times before, in this thread.
Two known causes are video driver issues, get the Mesa DLLs at
http://chumbalum.swissquake.ch/ms3d/download.html and install them in the MilkShape program directory.
The other cause is a file that has too many bones, caused by importing multiple meshes and making the wrong choices. I will not repeat the instructions, go back through this thread and find the solutions, or just scrap that file and start over.
<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
#268 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 10:55 AM Last edited by writtenSong : 15th Mar 2009 at 2:59 PM.
I'm not able to download anything... WHY?

EDIT:

Oh, well... I'm sorry. It's working now. Donno what went wrong; but everything is okay
Test Subject
#269 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 12:15 AM
when i download it the only thing that comes up is milkshape am i screwed
Test Subject
#270 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 6:37 PM
It's very cool :D
Test Subject
#271 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 11:21 PM
wes, you are the best! I was having some problems with bone assignments but your instructions on the previous pages helped a lot Thanks for all your help and patience and of course for the incredible plugins you created
Alchemist
Original Poster
#272 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 1:46 AM
portakal:

You are most welcome. Or, as the younger crowd says these days, No Problem! Thank you for the words of encouragement. The thread has gotten pretty large, and most of the issues people ask about are known limitations or common mistakes. If I was organized, I would just make links to the answers... most all of them are here already.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
#273 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 11:38 PM
Default Some trouble exporting from Milkshape
Very new to the scene, so if I've posted incorrectly please let me know. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong with my import export part of using Milkshape, but can't seem to figure it out.. I have exported GMDC from SimPe. I import it into Milkshape using Unimesh 4.09a. I edit model and export using Unimesh. File is now 50% smaller in size!!!!?? Actual size as in kb. It went from 1 mb to 500 kb. Next I tried a test. I exported GMDC and noted size of .5gd file. It is 1 mb Then I imported into Milkshape, did not edit at all, just exported it. File has shrunk. When I look at the size of the exported file.... yup shrunk by 50 %. This is driving me crazy. Any clue as to what is up? I'm using latest versions of SimPE and Milkshape. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#274 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rtzz
Very new to the scene, so if I've posted incorrectly please let me know. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong with my import export part of using Milkshape, but can't seem to figure it out.. I have exported GMDC from SimPe. I import it into Milkshape using Unimesh 4.09a. I edit model and export using Unimesh. File is now 50% smaller in size!!!!?? Actual size as in kb. It went from 1 mb to 500 kb. Next I tried a test. I exported GMDC and noted size of .5gd file. It is 1 mb Then I imported into Milkshape, did not edit at all, just exported it. File has shrunk. When I look at the size of the exported file.... yup shrunk by 50 %. This is driving me crazy. Any clue as to what is up? I'm using latest versions of SimPE and Milkshape. Thanks!

Does it still work properly? That's the real test. A shrinking file size (especially if everything is still functional) just seems like a bonus to me!
Test Subject
#275 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 2:47 AM
I should have said that it doesn't work in game or in bodyshop. Doh!!!
Page 11 of 14