Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 2:59 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night
Strange freezing and lagging when I'm at a special spot in my house with a simbot.
So, I'll start off with computer specs, hopefully not the problem in this case:

MAIN GAMING PC (An Alienware Aurora R4, bought January 2013):
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit.
Intel i7 3.6 GHZ 3. generation 4. core
16 GB of DDR3 RAM.
Nvidia GTX 680 2 GB GDDR5, driver version 9.18.13.3523
Seagate 2TB HDD
Resolution: 1920x1080
Game graphics: Full, rarely any lag/freeze.

LAPTOP (An Acer Aspire V3-772G, bought July 2013):
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
Intel i7 2.2 GHZ 4. generation 4. core
8 GB of RAM (unknown what RAM card it is)
Nvidia GT 750M 2GB unknown video RAM card and unknown driver version, I can get them on request (too lazy to boot up my laptop at the moment).
Unknown 750GB HDD
Resolution: 1600x900
Game graphics: Full, some noticeable lag spikes, but I can deal with them.

At one specific place, my game starts lagging and freezing when the simbot enters. The processor shoots quick up in the air and down quick again.
http://imgur.com/njvAgVs Top left room with crafting table starts freezing up, but it doesn't have big lag problems now.
http://imgur.com/40w3kRZ The robot teleports in, this is when it starts hanging up.
http://imgur.com/IzMsMWJ It can hang up like this for a good couple of seconds, and it hangs up very often. The crystal over the simbot's head keeps on spinning though.

The main PC is the only PC I have the following problem on. My laptop does not have this problem.
The only setting that is different, is that on my gaming PC I have turned memories completely off. I've disabled warnings on the laptop. Other than that, everything is pretty much the same.
Lag spike duration can be from 5-10 seconds up to a minute, and happen rapidly (1-3 seconds between each).

What I have tried to do:

Remove all mods/downloads from the game
Turning down graphics (a little bit)
Installing Nraas' Overwatch mod
Put in the command "resetSim *" (without "")
Browsing the web for solutions and looking at the FAQ about graphic cards and processors:
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...em_Requirements
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...7s_Requirements
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...mittent_Freezes
I've especially been looking into faulty routes, but after some research, I don't think that is the problem.

This ONLY happens with simbots, not sims.

Basically, the problem summed up: I'm hanging up when a simbot is in a specified room in the house.

I don't think a log would be useful in this case, as of the fact that it doesn't crash, it just hangs up. Can post on request though.

Expansion/Stuff packs I own + base game with patch number:
Sims 3: 1.67.2.024002
Sims 3: World Adventures: 2.0.86.002017
Sims 3: Ambitions: 4.0.87.006001
Sims 3: Fast Lane: 5.0.44.008001
Sims 3: Late Night: 6.0.81.009001
Sims 3: Outdoor Living: 7.0.55.010001
Sims 3: Master Suite: 11.0.84.014001

I am deeply sorry if there is any posts about this or if this problem is answered anywhere, I am really tired at the moment.
Thanks in advance for taking your time to help me with this.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 5:43 AM
What happens if you turn the simbot into a normal sim?

You can do that with NRaas MasterController or the Edit in CAS cheat.

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
What happens if you turn the simbot into a normal sim?

You can do that with NRaas MasterController or the Edit in CAS cheat.

Did that, still getting the same lag with this person. Can it be the result of having over 1000 scrap in the pocket?
Scholar
#4 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 12:05 PM
Possibly, try emptying their inventory.

You might also try moving all the objects in the room to your family inventory as well and see if that has any effect.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 12:36 PM
Possibly, try emptying their inventory.

You might also try moving all the objects in the room to your family inventory as well and see if that has any effect.

Well, if there is any way to remove over 3000 scrap without having to sell each of them, I would empty it.
Tried to remove content in room, and the lag is gone. Still weird though, as of the fact that the robot has been in there and upgraded most of the stuff. I believe there might be a command resent like every split-second because it doesn't get any response. I don't really want to delete the simbot either, as of the fact that it is damn good at repairing stuff in the house :P
Scholar
#6 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 12:53 PM
Well, if you removed the stuff in the room and the lag disappeared, then the scrap in inventory or the simbot itself probably isn't responsible for your problem, it's more likely to be one of the objects in the room.

If you put the objects back one at a time, testing for lag in between, you should be able to figure out which of them isn't playing nice with your simbot and replace it or put it somewhere else.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 1:25 PM Last edited by mikey : 15th Apr 2014 at 7:24 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 4365372, 4365444
Well, if you removed the stuff in the room and the lag disappeared, then the scrap in inventory or the simbot itself probably isn't responsible for your problem, it's more likely to be one of the objects in the room.

If you put the objects back one at a time, testing for lag in between, you should be able to figure out which of them isn't playing nice with your simbot and replace it or put it somewhere else.

Well, considering that it worked fine before, it is pretty weird that it lags now. Myself I believe it's the crafting table (the one where sims creates inventions), since every time I hover my mouse over it with the robot as selected person, it hangs up. Fun fact though is that the robot has made the most useful inventions in my active family. And to be honest, I'd rather resolve the problem instead of "hiding" it.

Alright, I found out of something really weird.

I copied all of the Sims 3-files from my laptop (document-files), and it is not lagging anymore (on the old save). So, it works! Thanks for your help anyways.

EDIT: The save is the problem. Switched over saves, lag is back.