Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 4:21 PM
Default Is it possible to create new Face detail section(besides Freckles,Beauty marks and Age details)?
My question says it all!

I am planing to make eye reflections as Freckles so creators of the eyes can make plain texture of the eyes and people can then add the eye reflection they like to make their custom combinations with various eyes!But I think it's a bit bad to make eye reflections stand as Freckles and I'm wondering is there a chance to make a new group under Face details that says Eye reflections or smth. like that?

I am also planing to make various details that can be layered but it would be such a shame for these thing to be mixed up in wrong sections!

Please if someone knows answer to this help me!

F I R S T steps are the H A R D E S T, but I'll O V E R C O M E them and R U N a thousand miles ahead...
...T R U S T me, you'll L O V E me !!!
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 1:35 AM
From a quick look at the code, it might be possible. It would take a core mod to UI.dll.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 3:14 PM
Does that mean that everytime someone makes new section,we'll need to download that person's UI core mod or not?
I'm sorry if that's stupid question(which I guess it is) but I know nothing about modding and I'm wondering how difficult is to make new sections?
And also are you willing to try to make new sections and maybe explain me a thing or two about placing eye reflection into the right section?
Thanks for your answer and help!

F I R S T steps are the H A R D E S T, but I'll O V E R C O M E them and R U N a thousand miles ahead...
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 3:47 PM
From what I can make out each section is loaded individually in the game code, so any new section would be have to be coded. Each creator doing a core mod would not be practical since you can't use more than one at the same time. For what you have in mind, someone would have to do a core mod with several categories, and perhaps add more on request.

I'm willing to look at it when I get done with the tattoo expansion core mod I'm working on right now. No guarantees, though! Putting stuff in the right place would involve using a hex editor to change a flag in the CASP file, unless someone makes a tool to do it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 5:02 PM
Believe it or not I understood you,even if my little brain doesn't know modding I know what are you talking about!
I don't mind leaving this thread open waiting for you!
I'm not in any rush to make these things!

Good luck with that other mod you're making!