Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 7:14 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Cleaning up Projects Folder?
My projects folder is endless - there are so many folders, I have a hard time finding my way through them. Is it safe to delete everything in the projects folder and still keeping my creations? I've looked around for an answer but found nothing. I may just be stupid or blind, but..
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 7:47 PM
If all of the content from your Projects folder appears in your game, then it's perfectly fine to delete the Projects folder.

Once you actually click "Import to Game" button in Body Shop, it finishes the package and copies it over to SavedSims folder. The leftover files from the Projects folder are there in case you wish to make any further alterations. (Although you can simply extract the project again even after you'd imported it in the game.)

In short, if you've imported all the projects into your game, you can easily delete the Projects folder because the packages had been copied to SavedSims folder.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 8:38 PM
Thank you, you've just saved me a lot of trouble(and disc-space)!
Scholar
#4 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 10:33 PM
I was advised to get the bodyshop mechanic to delete projects, it was ages ago now, but I think someone said the other method doesn't remove them as completely, or something.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=231443