Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 5:38 AM
Can Second Life LLSD XML files convert to Sims 3 .package files
This may seem a little out there, but I was just kind of wondering if it could be at all possible to convert XML files containing the linkset codes to an LLSD (Linden Labs Structured Data) object. I know it would involve hacks and a lot of complicated programs to be able to do it, but I'm just wondering if it's POSSIBLE.
I'm thinking the XML document would be imported by some program onto MilkShape 3D and then saved to a file to be imported to the game...
I'm able to create really nice objects on Second Life and texture them way better than I can with Sims 3 objects. I'm terrible at MilkShape t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e, but I've always wanted to create my own meshes for the game.

Sorry if it seems farfetched, I'm just curious and I would like to discuss it with my fellow Second Lifers and Sims 3ers! :D
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 8:25 AM
Almost anything is possible - but you wouldn't be allowed to convert TS3 content to SL (EA owns the data - they allow it for modding TS3 but not anything else) and there are no plugins that I know of to do it - and I think it'd be a pretty safe bet that none exist. You could try writing plugins yourself, but it sounds like that would probably be over your head. So... possible, perhaps. Doable... no, not really.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.