Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 8:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business
Default Body Shop Sims Missing
My body shop seems to be working fine but the sims I make will not show up in the game. Except for one that I redid. Others I redid will not show up as well (I just changed the clothing). I am using Windows 7 with a Radeon HD 7450 video card.

I did go to the CAS in the game and see some of the older sims I created but not anything newer than, let's say, 8 months. I've done this before without any problems but since EA made their changes onsite it seems a lot of stuff craps out. When I start the game I get a small screen stating it can't run a script and asks if I would like to continue. I click YES and then the game will start up. It seems everything else in the game is working correctly. Just can't get the newer sims I created.

Any ideas out there?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 3:27 PM
Here's an update....

First, I have all of the EPs and Stuffs for the game, except for the store (which is useless anyway).

Second, I don't know if this is part of the problem or another problem but when I double click on the icon the first screen that pops up ( I think it's the launcher) had an error screen saying it couldn't read a script and I had an option to continue on. When I click "Yes" and wait a little bit the game will go down, crash, shut itself off. If I quickly press the play button after clicking "Yes" the game will start.

Also, in the lower half of the launcher it said I had an outdated browser (at the time I had Internet Explorer 9).

Yesterday I updated the browser to IE 11 and I am still getting the outdated browser warning. If I click inside the box area it will change to something and quickly shut down, crash. I am also having the same problem with the script warning. But if I am fast enough I can still start the game.

Anyone out there with solutions?
Inventor
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 5:51 AM
Not a clue about your missing sims , but I can help ya with the launcher trouble. Go here http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=518282 and check the link in my response there. You don't need to change/update your browser at all, that's just ( even more) EA stupidity messing with your game. The link that you follow from my response there has several alternatives to avoid the trouble EA is causing. Good luck with the other problem!

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 7:25 AM
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 4:04 PM Last edited by tanina : 4th Feb 2014 at 4:23 AM.
Okay, another update....I packaged one of my sims and used Sims2Pack Clean Installer to install it into the downloads forlder. It shows up in my Body Shop but not in the game. I then downloaded a Sims from MTS and used Clean Installer with it. That sims shows up in Body Shop but not in the game. Go figure.

Another update again...Just spent several hours working with this. I found a help file on MTS that was several pages long (with an attititude). I went through the whole thing and still no results. Meanwhile, here's what I've found out. There are some sims I can install into the game that I download from MTS. So far I can also get lots and clothes I download. Not all sims I download from the site will show up in Body Shop. Sims I made in Body Shop won't show up in game.

Okay, one more update. After 4 or 5 days working on this problem I think I came up with the solution. At least part of one. Body Shop uses infant, child, teen, young adult, adult and elder for ages to create you sims with. The game has all but the young adult. I was creating my sims as young adults but could not find them in the game. I just changed 3 of them to adults in Body Shop and now they are in the game (yippee!). Why have a "young adult" category when you can use them in the game? Go figure.
Inventor
#6 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 7:59 AM
Did that thread I linked to solve your launcher problem? I've never once touched bodyshop for any purpose , but I've dl'd a few sims that were created as young adults. They will show up when you go to a University sub hood and enter YCAS ( as I think it's called , the CAS version when you are in a Uni sub hood) , they won't show up in regular CAS because the unmodded game doesn't allow creation of YA sims in a non Uni hood.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 3:43 PM
I've looked both threads over. Not sure which one you are suggesting, though. Post #14 in the second thread shows the screen I get right before I get the script error. I can click on "Play" right before the error message shows up or right after I click "Yes" to start the game and everything works okay then. I like the suggestion in the second thread about bypassing the launcher by creating an icon on my desktop to link to the .exe file. Not sure how that is done but I will need to read over that thread again.

Thanks again for the suggestion. I'm just surprised no one else seems to every had this problem with Sims not showing up in the game that was created in Body Shop.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 3:49 PM
Okay, just looked over the idea of bypassing it. Not sure how to do it. That's the thing about these forums, quite often they tell you what's need to be done but not HOW to do it. I don't know where to find the .exe file. I looked in the EA Games folder and on the disc that's in the CD drive.

Or is there a better option?
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#9 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 11:45 AM
Here are the instructions for Bypassing the Launcher. Let us know if you still have questions.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Mad Poster
#10 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 1:37 AM
Sims saved in Bodyshop will show in the SavedSims folder as .package files with random 8x8 digit numbers and letters, something like this: "9e348a98_a1fa498e.package"

If you don't have any such files, or have removed or deleted them, sims will also disappear both from the Bodyshop bin and the CAS bin.

If you have packaged a sim as sims2pack, you also have to install the sim as well, because sims2pack files don't show up ingame. It might be that the sim shows up, but that's probably because there also is a copy in SavedSims. The CC won't follow the sim unless packaged as sims2pack.

YA sims only shows up in the university hoods.

(and it's toddler sims that shows in Bodyshop. Infant is the same as baby, and they can only be found ingame).