Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2014 at 7:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default FA and FYA Thumbnails have pink/black skin
Help! I am having a problem with the thumbnails in Create a Family and in BodyShop, as well as the previews in Body Shop. This happens ONLY with female adults and female young adults. In the thumbnails, the exposed skin (not covered by the clothes) appears black and/or pink where it should be flesh color. (As you can see in the pictures) It happens in all categories, with both custom and Maxis content, for the FA and FYA clothing. I have no problems with the other ages of females (toddler, teen, elder, etc), nor do I have problems with any males. In Create a Family (CAS), the thumbnail is as described above, but the preview is correct (without black or pink). I have deleted all thumbnails in the thumbnail file (c:/documents/ea/thesims2/thumbnails) and all of the cache files and cigen file in the sims 2 file folder (c:/documents/ea/thesims2) and this has not changed anything. I do not have any other issues with the game. I have great in game video / pictures, no "blocked" water, I see the fish just fine, etc. I have added my video card to the videocards.sgr without issue as well.

I have attatched pictures and a DxDiag with my system specs. I know Windows 8 sucks for the Sims 2, but I got the game working by spending a lot of time in the help forums reading (thankyou to all!). However, I have not seen this issue addressed! Thank you in advance for all who may attempt to help!
Karen
Screenshots
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Feb 2014 at 1:15 PM
That's a problem with the skintone you're using. You may be missing a file, you may have two different sets of defaults conflicting, or the skintone may just be buggy.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 6:45 AM
Thanks for the help... It took a few days to finally find the two default skins, One of which was not marked default! Everything is looking beautiful again! So, thanks for the suggestions! The info on MTS is always helpful and appreciated!
Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: solved