Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 10:59 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 12th Mar 2008 at 11:59 PM.
Default New MTS2 Creative Awards - Anybody for a LATTE or a MOCCA?
Dear MTS2 Members and Creators,

Some of you might remember the MooMoo awards, created in conjuction with LyricLee and Wintermutea1. They were awarded to creators and technical experts for contributions to the community.

Originally the MooMoo's were not intended as an "Uber-Feature", but that's ultimately what they turned into. Combined with Lyric moving onto other sites, early this year we decided to step back and stopped awarding new MooMoo's.

Still, we wanted to be able to honor folks who were deserving of some extra recognition. After many discussions well into the night, and the consumption of many double choc hold the cream half steam mocha lattes with extra rum, we proudly present to you:

The MTS2 (award for) Outstanding Continued Creative Achievement
aka MOCCA - This will be given to creators who have consistently produced excellent work, as well as those who have broken the boundaries of creative content.

and

The Lifetime Achievement for Tools/Technical Excellence
aka LATTE - This will be given to people who write tools for all to use, and those who generally help in various ways in the community. Without their tireless efforts, we wouldn't be here at all.

This month (Nov 2007), we are honoring the following members:

The LATTE Awards:

Karybdis - for his contributions in the Sims 2 decoding stone age
Wes_H - for the new animation breakthroughs
-Starbuck- - the wiki woman!

The MOCCA Awards:

Beosboxboy - for the hunky bodybuilders
Marvine - animation and bodybuilders, wow
Bruno - making our sims beautiful
Nouk - outstanding original hair

The award winners will get a custom trophy and a little cup o' caffeine icon by their names.

Time for a big cheer and thanks you's for these talented folks, some of the many people who make MTS2 great. We look forward to handing out more MOCCAs and LATTEs in the coming months.

Delphy and the MTS2 Staff

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
35 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#2 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 11:03 AM Last edited by fanseelamb : 18th Mar 2012 at 7:30 AM. Reason: updating winners lists
MOCCA and LATTE FAQ

Will MooMoo winners keep their cows?
Of course, we are not taking away the award from those who have it.

Can a MooMoo winner also get one of these awards?
Yes, over time. We've got a bit of catching up to do, we'd like to get some of the folks who don't have one yet first.

Can I get both a MOCCA and a LATTE?
Yes, but it'll cost you an extra $5.

Who made the cool trophies?
HystericalParoxysm and Echo.

Who made the cute little icons?
Tiggerypum

I'm an award winner but I haven't gotten my award yet!
Please make sure that the email address on your profile here at MTS2 is your real address, and you can get mails there. We send the awards out via email. Contact Tiggerypum with questions.

--------------------
Complete List of Award Winners

The LATTE Awards:

Karybdis - for his contributions in the Sims 2 decoding stone age
Wes_H - for the new animation breakthroughs
-Starbuck- - the wiki woman!
Mootilda (for carrying the lot expander torch)
Dr Pixel (all around user help)
angel f (helping endlessly)
Jasana_Bugbreeder (ever helpful for creators)
Niol (loves a good puzzle)
Inge Jones (years of decoding sim mysteries)
Morague (unlocking bodyshop and other puzzles)
Hunter240x (for his smexiness)
Julianarosalia (answering questions galore)
J. M. Pescado (technical excellence)
Fireflies (ever helpful to others)
Numenor (For general technical excellence and innovation)
Lord Darcy (For consistently identifying and patching game issues)
Shy (For always decoding BHAV changes and maintaining the DisaSim tool)
Dizzy2 (For consistent, ongoing work with the DisaSim tool)
CmarNYC - For making some amazing tools for all creators to use (Morph Maker, Tattooinator to name just two) and for always being there to support and update the tools.
pljones - where would we be without Peter and s3oc, S3PE and the entire s3pi library; not forgetting, too, his work on various TS2 projects, not the least of which is SimPE!
twallan - for awesome and incredibly useful mods - custom careers, the incredibly powerful MasterController and game-saving Overwatch to mention just a few - and for the fantastic support he provides for them.
jonha - for projects including the AnyGameStarter 3 and the CTU - useful tools that make modding much more fun, as well as for being one of the first people to figure out custom sliders.
MogHughson - For taking the maxis BHAVS and standing them on their head in order to deliver awesomeness - and for documenting so many of them in the wiki.
CatofEvilGenius - For all those handy Milkshape Plugins that make bodymeshing so much easier, and for making clothes for our elders to make them more attractive to play
cmomoney - Many contributions to modding tools for TS3 and pioneering work on new techniques in object modding.
granthes - Has contributed many modding tools to make it easier to mod and play our games (Pets rig fix tool, Custom launcher, CCmagic.....).
atavera - The wrappers man. If you use S3PE/S3OC to mod TS3 then you use his wrappers somewhere.
Echo - A long time site member with excellent modding skills. Made the Postal Package Editor for TS3 and has contributed to many TS2 object mods made by other creators.
TSRW Team - Love them or hate them as you will - but TSR Workshop has made object creation a possibility for many new creators.

The MOCCA Awards:

Beosboxboy - for the hunky bodybuilders
Marvine - animation and bodybuilders, wow
Bruno - making our sims beautiful
Nouk - outstanding original hair
Warlokk (for bodyshapes galore)
Patul (giving our sims places to live)
Ren/Louis (skintones that were freely shared with others and more)
Crocobaura (a bit of everything!)
JohnBrehaut1 (OMSP wizard and more)
MaryLou (build, foods, the list goes on!)
-Maylin- (furnishing our homes)
Larsson1970 (lovely homes based on real ones)
Enayla (absolutely stunning skintones)
Macarossi (beautiful creations for our games)
Seren (great houses, neighborhoods & wallpapers too)
Alexasrosa (gorgeous historical clothing)
CokeBuilder (lovely lots in many styles)
Migamoo (practical cute stuff for all ages)
Melodie9 (hair conversion queen)
HystericalParoxysm (For beautiful and useful creations of all sorts)
sherahbim (For beautifully detailed bodyshop textures)
phoenix_phaerie (For wonderful full-room object sets)
Adele (For spectacularly meshed and textured objects)
-Shady- - Long renowned as a maker of fantastic genetics for TS2, and now branching out into TS3 genetics and beautiful lots galore; really, we just reckon -Shady- needs the caffeine to keep building so fast!
HugeLunatic - Has been creating high quality work based on great ideas for both TS2 and TS3 for a long time; coming up with innovative new ideas; and providing invaluable help to other modders.
fakepeeps7 - Without fakepeeps' gorgeous work, our sims 2 kids would be pretty much naked 90% of the time. For consistently creating beautiful, high quality stuff in one of the most sorely neglected areas of modding!
Pixelhate - One of the best creators of all things grungy and (seemingly) broken out there; we can't exactly call his work "beautiful" but... well, you get it.
Buzzler - A constant supply of interesting and innovative mods. He is very good at keeping them up to date as well.
Phaenoh - She has uploads in nearly every area of TS2 creations and is generally known for her ingenious modded items.
oepu - She made the move from TS2 to TS3 and has made lots of pretty items; we hope to see some more from her.
Criquette -Airports and Railways and Buses and Trams and Cricket Fields - TS2 neighbourhoods are transformed by Criquettes work.
Psychosim - Looking to grungify your game? Look no further. One of the lords of TS2 grunge.
ATS Sandy -Lots of variety and high quality items too - add her site to your bookmarks.
lidiqnata - a creator with her own distinctive style, inventive and fun items for your simmies.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 11:05 AM
Congratulations, people!

I was going to start eating all natural foods, until I heard of all these people dying of natural causes.
My other favorite website, www.SimSafe2.com, I'm Petunia Mae Witherbottom there.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 11:07 AM
Great idea!

"I will gather my wounds forge the end of tragic comedy"
AM
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 11:17 AM
Well done award winners - what a good idea too!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Alchemist
#6 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 12:11 PM
Well done, great idea! The prizes look cool and the first winners surely deserve more and more milk and coffee! Thanks to the staff members who designed so lovely cups and icons, do you receive some of these prizes for your great work or just our gratitude?
Scholar
#7 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 12:23 PM
Holy wow! Thanks And I knew HP was up to something
*sits down in front of fireplace and drinks mocca...*
Hmmm.... needed that Thanks so much for this! *hugs*

Thank you, HP, Tiggy and Echo for making such beautiful stuff too!

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 1:37 PM
Congratulations to the winners! Those awards look cute!
Instructor
#9 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 2:14 PM
well they all definitely deserve these, as do the creators of the trophies and icons. congrats to all of you who won and the winners of the future!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 2:31 PM
Bravo! (jumps to her feet with a standing ovation) I so agree with the judges' decision! Without these guys, my stuff would be so ho-hum....

Thank You!
Instructor
#11 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 2:38 PM
paint me gob-smacked >_< Thank you! I am, for once, speechless ! that should make a few people happy at least

I have only one God, Choice. If you remove the right to choose from any equation, how have you improved the world?
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 3:26 PM
Very cool. Congrats to all who won, you are all really great creators.. And thanks again MTS2 for all you do for us Simmers.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 3:35 PM
This is a very cool idea. Anyway, congrats everybody :D. You guys totally deserved it!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 3:49 PM
while reading the discription of the MOCCA, I was thinking "Nouk ought to get that one" and guess who got one? I'm psychic. lol.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 4:17 PM
Cool new awards, great thinking.

Congrats to all the people that got them, you do really deserve them!! :D
Instructor
#16 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 4:18 PM
Congrats to everyone! They are all well-deserved!

desperation makes you look like a tool

Exclusive downloads available only at Phasmatic Sims!
Alchemist
#17 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 5:00 PM
That´s a very nice and cute idea of you, Delphy and the staff, and I´d like to congratulate first the new mocca con latte addicts and second you for being so creative and surprising with this prizes and contests and help for all! :lovestruc
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#18 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 5:32 PM
Alchemist
#19 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 5:40 PM
Per my usual understatement: Wa-hoo!!!!

Winning an unsolicited prize the forst time out of the gate is very gratifying, and I am happy to accept it on behalf of myself and all the critters here at Rancho Como.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 5:42 PM
Cool! Congratulations to the first round winners. Great choices! Well done, everybody. :D
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#21 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 6:21 PM
YEA! Give them a double shot! :0) (That way they'll really be wired and make lots more kewl stuff for us mere mortals.)
Scholar
#22 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 6:43 PM
Ha! Very nice
Instructor
#23 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 7:17 PM
All those awarded have certainly made my game and modding experience more fun. Congrats!

Cogito ergo nupta non sum.
Scholar
#24 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 8:20 PM
Bravo !!

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 8:43 PM
The Mocha award and the Latte Awards Look So Yummy. Mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm. XD sorry. Can Someone Physically Make Me Some Coffee Like that. So Sorry For Going off Topic.

and Congratulations to the Winners You Guys Are Awesome With all Of Your Work.

Locked thread | Locked by: leesester Reason: see new thread
Page 1 of 4