Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17901 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 9:16 AM
Probably the stairs because he wanted up or down them and found he couldn't use them. I had that often before I put on a mod that allows toddlers to use stairs.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#17902 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 1:48 PM
That is definitely a stair. It's one step of a modular staircase, the game sees each step as a separate object.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
#17903 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Thank you dmrogue, but *I* posted no links
I just followed the one Marka posted, and reading its description there, saw the need of another mod.

Oops, sorry. I thought the bolded mod names in your post were links.

Pleasantview - Family Tree
Strangetown - Family Tree
Rhinehart - Royal Kingdom Challenge
Mad Poster
#17904 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 11:44 PM
Are NPC students in Uni works like NPC tenants? Will you still be able to move in another playable from the 'Hood view, if some rooms are taken by NPC students?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#17905 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 11:50 PM
Yes; the dormies will clear out to make room. They'll even move out if you bring a playable date back to the dorm, and move in again when the date leaves.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#17906 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 11:51 PM
This is excellent. Thank you.

Mad Poster
#17907 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 2:26 AM
I have another silly one..
For sims to be able to buy groceries..do you have to put the grocery display ON sale? (they then turn yellow..)
For sims to be able to buy clothing...do you have to set the racks on sales too?
Sims are buying a lot of flowers and parfumes, but no one wanders where the clothing racks, and grocery displays are.
This is a community lot I built, and I just made it owned. When it was not owned by any sims, everything worked. The sims i sent there were able to buy food to restock their fridge, clothes...
Thanks!

Forum Resident
#17908 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 2:55 AM
Lately, I've downloaded some clothing defaults that reference the need to download a separate mesh. But most clothes come with recolors AND a mesh (unless they're recolors of Maxis meshes). Can I delete the recolors and leave the "orphaned" mesh behind to work with the DR package?
Field Researcher
#17909 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 3:01 AM
yes, it wont be "orphaned" if you need it for your defaults
Forum Resident
#17910 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wert700
yes, it wont be "orphaned" if you need it for your defaults

So I can delete the recolors?
Field Researcher
#17911 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 3:08 AM
Mad Poster
#17912 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 3:09 AM
Yes, you have to set the appliances that sell the clothes, food, and so on, and I don't know about other people, but it generally takes me two or three tries to get it right because it doesn't turn yellow.

On the other hand, I once managed to set a sales counter for sale. It sold right out from under the display.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#17913 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 4:01 AM
Yes. Counters can be set for sale..and I was wondering what would happened to the cash register that was ON it. 0_o
Ok. Thank you again. I was wondering, because when I set one of the food display for sale, it was at 68 simoleons...so i wondered, what exactly was that price. I was afraid, sims would buy the whole display.

Lab Assistant
#17914 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 4:25 PM
I have 2 stupid questions. I'm playing Veronavile and being a rather small hood I need to bulldoze some lots to rebuild on. Some of the lots already have newspapers on them and is it ok to bulldoze them? I have never found the need to do that to any premade lots in other hoods before and never paid much attention. Question # 2, I have barely played the Montys and Mr. Monty Sr. has rolled the want to have a baby twice already. I know elder males can reproduce but even with him being a family sim I find it strange. Is it strange? It's not going to happen anyway because he is not going to cheat on or leave Isabella! Thank you in advance.
Mad Poster
#17915 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 5:00 PM
Newspapers have no character data attached, so bulldoze away. My guess is that these lots were used during development before all the Family Bin families were sent off to the bin.

"Have baby" is a standard Family sim want as long as the sim in question is capable of producing them. Elders are far and away more likely to roll "have grandchild" wants, but Monty Sr. is unusual in that he has no married adult children to present him with grandbabies. He should also be producing lots of "relative gets engaged" and "relative gets married" wants, and if Bianca and Tony oblige him the grandchild wants will probably start replacing the "have baby" wants.

Lab Assistant
#17916 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 5:30 PM
Makes sense Peni. I need to check out that familys tree a bit more. I may just play a family out of the fam. bin for a change. Also, I aged Mercutio up a bit and he is one day away from adult and Monty Sr. down some to give him more time. Oh the abilities to shake things up. Thank you
Mad Poster
#17917 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jimma
I have 2 stupid questions. I'm playing Veronavile and being a rather small hood I need to bulldoze some lots to rebuild on. Some of the lots already have newspapers on them and is it ok to bulldoze them? I have never found the need to do that to any premade lots in other hoods before and never paid much attention. Question # 2, I have barely played the Montys and Mr. Monty Sr. has rolled the want to have a baby twice already. I know elder males can reproduce but even with him being a family sim I find it strange. Is it strange? It's not going to happen anyway because he is not going to cheat on or leave Isabella! Thank you in advance.

I've seen elderly male Family sims roll Have Baby wants before - most notably Homer Land, from Peni's Widespot, who in my mind would never never never cheat on his wife! I thought about letting him adopt but decided against it, and before long he rolled Get A Grandchild wants instead.
Mad Poster
#17918 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jimma
My Veronaville is a conservation area and you're not allowed bulldoze lots! Any alterations and new buildings on the English side have to be in the Tudor style. Things are a bit more lax on the Italian side, but even there the Italianate style is preferred, at least for residential new build.

Which lots have got newspapers on them? If they're occupied lots, I'd get the Sims to recycle them before moving out. I've certainly never noticed papers on unoccupied lots, but there are many houses there that I've never even opened. I'd be a little surprised if there were newspapers in them; in my experience the Veronaville houses don't even have electric light! But as Peni says, maybe Maxis used them during development and testing. I'm also rather surprised that you feel you have to bulldoze lots in Veronaville at all; there's a lot of undeveloped land on the Italian side. But maybe your Sims are desperate to live in new houses on the picturesque English side!

Whatever you do, don't bulldoze The Monty Ranch or Capp Manor, at least not until you have safely moved all the graves and urns to a community lot cemetery. As well as the little cemetery in grounds of Capp Manor there are two urns inside the house near Consort's double bed. There are also two urns on the Monty Ranch in a little shrine off the courtyard.

I can't say whether it's normal for Patrizio Monty to still want children after Isabella has passed the menopause. He's not wanting a baby in my game at the moment -- he only wants to kiss Isabella! Bear in mind that he has lost a child (Claudio) and than can affect people for the rest of their life. Maybe you can give him a new grandchild and see if that cheers him up. Watch out that you don't lose Patrizio before you're ready to let him go. When my game opened he had no days left. I play with aging off, but I gave him some extra days with the Sim Manipulator to be doubly sure. (I sent him and Isabella on a date, but although they had a good date, neither he nor Isabella got enough aspiration points to get the Elixir of Life.)

I just love my Veronaville! :lovestruc

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Lab Assistant
#17919 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 7:11 PM
Thank you all again and Andrew I am very aware of the urns and graves and I do have the essential mods. No corrupt, No unlink and Boiling Oils ect. I would never bulldoze the Family Capp or Monty homes anyway. I can assure you that there are news papers on some lots, at least in my game, that I have never moved a sim on to. I am playing the original The Sims 2 Deluxe only, if that matters. When I start a new neighborhood I like to have a look/see at the premade lots. I did use the manipulator to age Patrizio down and, now that the elder Montys and ol' Mr.Capp are friends they are not going to die. Oh, I am sure that both of our Veronvilles will look quiet different but they'll still be loved.
Lab Assistant
#17920 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 12:40 AM
How does Malcolm Landgraab start a business on one of his owned properties? I don't see any options on the phone to open a community business, but when I go to the business I get a pop-up saying that he can't run the ticket machine because he hasn't opened a business on the lot. The pop-up says to go back home and on the phone call Real Estate ... Purchase Community Lot - but I don't want to purchase a DIFFERENT community lot. I want him running a business on the lot he ALREADY OWNS. There's got to be something really obvious and easy that I'm missing, but I just can't figure out what to do to turn the lot into a business.
Mad Poster
#17921 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 12:43 AM
Could you call and ask for a deed to be sent?

Mad Poster
#17922 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 12:45 AM
Have you got the sign on the property? Have you turned it to "open" (the green side)?

Lab Assistant
#17923 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Could you call and ask for a deed to be sent?

He has a copy of the deed in his inventory. Do I need something else?

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Have you got the sign on the property? Have you turned it to "open" (the green side)?

I didn't see a sign on the property. I wondered if maybe community lots were always open if you were there? I will try sending him back to the lot and look for a sign (or buy one if it doesn't have one). But I'm not sure that will fix the problem I'm having because the game says he hasn't opened a business at all on the lot (and there is no business icon in the top right corner of the screen), so I'm not sure there is even if a business to open.
Mad Poster
#17924 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 1:09 AM Last edited by marka93 : 25th Nov 2014 at 1:21 AM.
On his community lots the little sign is on the outside of the buildings on the business where you need to sale items but there is no sigh on the Club but there is a podium that you can set price and start to charge customers.

I just went in both lots and they work as they should for me.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17925 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 1:20 AM
That sounds glitched, because sign or no sign there should be a business tracker and the lot should recognize him as the owner. Can you sell the lot back and rebuy it?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 717 of 1000