Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 20th May 2009 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AngelicScot
I wasn't ever deeply into OFB, don't get me wrong, I don't dislike it. The few times I've played a business, I've had a great time with it. I think the timing thing (leaving home and returning roughly the same time) is what I don't like about it the most.

That was my main issue, too. Constantly having to visit the business (load times...ugh!) to manage it until one of your employees was skilled enough to become manager, then coming home exhausted at the same time you left. Having a home business was never appealing, because I tend to create/download smaller, realistic houses.

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. ~ Katharine Hepburn
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 20th May 2009 at 6:55 PM
I hope it opens up rabbit holes.
Scholar
#53 Old 21st May 2009 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
Nightlife, Pets, and Free Time aren't significant enough to be stand-alone EPs.What I think the developers should do is combine TS1 and TS2 EPs together, like this:

Superstar & Apartment Life= remake
Seasons & Bon Voyage= remake
Hot Date (with the dating systemand vampires from Nightlife) & Makin' Magic= remake
Pets, Free Time, & New idea= EP

Yeah but if they did that, it would half the profits they could make by selling them all individually. I doubt they will combine them.

I don't like OFB at all, I do use it at times just so I can keep the NPC's off the lots with the blender, but I would say seasons was probably my favourite one. Not just for the weather, but for the gardening and other stuff.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#54 Old 21st May 2009 at 1:37 AM
But at least there isn't any loading times anymore, so running a business would essentially be less of a hassle.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 21st May 2009 at 2:10 AM
This sounds like a PERFECT idea for the 1st EP! I would love for them to add lots of different career tracks and levels. I consider myself to be a pretty creative person, and I see an EP for careers as having a lot of potential. Do I know, off-hand, of some things they could do with it? No. But I'm sure if I sat and thought about it for a little while, I could come up with a ton!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#56 Old 21st May 2009 at 2:28 AM
Oooh, what about adding additional branches to existing careers on top of new careers? I forgot about the branches. Not all careers have multiple branches, only three of them I heard. Three out of 11, that's not a lot. And I want a piano! I found it quite surprising that Sims 3 has no piano and only one guitar as the only instrument in the entire game.
Scholar
#57 Old 21st May 2009 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Sims 3 has no piano and only one guitar as the only instrument in the entire game.

WTF? thats dumb.
100 bucks says the Store has a piano.
Test Subject
#58 Old 21st May 2009 at 2:34 AM
There are some issues with several of the ideas here that stem from the problem that you (well, I'm assuming most of you) haven't played the game yet!

1) Opening Rabbit Holes: I love them. Places that shouldn't be rabbit holes like the gym and art gallery and such are normal community lots. The places that are rabbit holes--like the cinema, hospital, bookstore and bistro--work incredibly well as rabbit holes. Do you really need your sim dodging other sims just to go to the counter with your head of lettuce? Shopping is almost instantaneous and I really don't want to have to load a giant movie screen whenever I pan over the downtown area. I was against them as well at first, but now I think that they're perfect. They were done this way for a reason and I'm sure that they'll stay closed (except for MAYBE the bistro and diner for a Nightlife-esque expansion, but I still doubt it).

2) Career Expansion: While I love new career tracks as much as the next simmer, they are seriously great already. Each of the ten tracks has multiple branches (Frankie, where did you hear that not all of them did? Part-time jobs don't have branches, but... maybe I should go check...), a billion opportunities (i.e. the RPG-esque "quests" that you can choose to fulfill) and a super-cool "HOW DO YOU WANT TO WORK" drop-down menu that you can change in the middle of the day as many times as you want. There are also traits and rewards in the game already that directly affect careers. An EP focusing specifically on them, in my opinion, would be very unlikely.

Night Racer, the Sims 3 Store would not have a piano until one came with an expansion pack. The guitar is its own musical instrument and skill; pianos would also have their own skill attached.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 21st May 2009 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Oooh, what about adding additional branches to existing careers on top of new careers? I forgot about the branches. Not all careers have multiple branches, only three of them I heard. Three out of 11, that's not a lot. And I want a piano! I found it quite surprising that Sims 3 has no piano and only one guitar as the only instrument in the entire game.

Not all have multiple branches?! I've been playing that SimSocial game on Sims3.com, and it seems the careers on there all have multiple levels (pay raises). I like the idea of having to apply for a job, and having the possibility of being rejected... more like real life. Another thing I just thought of that I'd like to see is for them to make it so that you can only have ONE "Leader of the Sim World". It could be done simply. There'd be 2 parties... several candidates running for each. They'd all have to do their campaigning. It would finally come down to 2 candidates, and the game would base the winner on who raised the most money and had the better campaign strategy overall. Bottom line, there's only room for ONE leader in each Sim "Neighborhood" if you will.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#60 Old 21st May 2009 at 2:42 AM
That would be a cool idea. I like it.
Test Subject
#61 Old 21st May 2009 at 2:42 AM
tinydancer: While I cannot confirm this, I believe that you would have to either dispose of your boss or have them retire in order to advance to the top-tier level of a career track (unless you became the boss (highest level sim in the career branch) on a lower rung).

Campaigning is already part of the game, although it is not a competitive activity.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 21st May 2009 at 3:02 AM
Honestly, I've always found that OFB did not work as smoothly as I'd like it , but I'm probably just incompetent. I once made barber shop that went well but that was about it. I never figured out toymaking and often the waiters forget the food or to seat children with their families. Perhaps I should just try a little harder? XD

I think a better implemented version of OFB would be great. I think I would love to make a middle aged Irish man with quaint old pub. Heck, maybe I should try making that on TS2.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 21st May 2009 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Crazetex
tinydancer: While I cannot confirm this, I believe that you would have to either dispose of your boss or have them retire in order to advance to the top-tier level of a career track (unless you became the boss (highest level sim in the career branch) on a lower rung).

Campaigning is already part of the game, although it is not a competitive activity.

Yeah... I know about the campaigning thing That's why I thought they should, ya know, take it a step further. It'd kinda be fun to have that element of surprise (of election winner). Maybe you could even keep track of the other candidate's campaign so that you could plan your own campaign strategy based on it

I'm not really sure how I would handle the length of term in office, but I'll bet the developers could come up with a solution for that. LOL... if they can come up with a solution to having all the Sims' lives in the neighborhood progress while you're playing a particular family, I'm sure they can handle this
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 21st May 2009 at 4:46 AM
i would like another OFB i enjoyed it but i lso liked how it gave me more Roleplay options like i could actually go shopping instead of using the catalog more realistic eh but night life ot Supersdtar remakes wouldn't be too bad as long as UNI aint the first EP
Field Researcher
#65 Old 21st May 2009 at 5:13 AM
Two EPs I'd rather not see again: OFB & Pets. OFB was too tedious, and with pets, your Sims just became obsessed with them, which was REALLY annoying. I WOULD, however, like to see another version of Superstar
Mad Poster
#66 Old 21st May 2009 at 5:16 AM
I'd love to see animals expansion. Like instead of just house anumals, have more of wild animals too and perhaps zoos or something would be awesome. I didn't like OFB much, I only liked it for furniture. I'd like another SuperStar, because I miss it! Making magic would be fun and something along the lines of Bon Voyage or something.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 21st May 2009 at 5:30 AM
Yeah... Bon Voyage would be fun, but there need to be several more choices for vacation destinations.
Mad Poster
#68 Old 21st May 2009 at 5:33 AM
If they would add a mountain destination with show and you can ski there and snowboard down the mountain, guess who is first one camping for that ep at the store door.

A datin EP would be good. but with more options, such as different restaurants. Like if you take a person to high class restaurant it is almost guaranteed to be perfect date and if you take it to McD then a bad date. That'd be so cool. I also miss different tabbles and waitress from sims one with every register stand int he restaurant.
Field Researcher
#69 Old 21st May 2009 at 5:43 AM
there should be a middle east destination, as well as european, african, and maybe even a cruise somewhere
Alchemist
#70 Old 21st May 2009 at 6:06 AM
God no, please not a BV remake! I'd rather have a pets remake before BV.
retired moderator
#71 Old 21st May 2009 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
God no, please not a BV remake! I'd rather have a pets remake before BV.

Why? I rather liked BV... minus the nasty tour guide bug :p

Formerly known as boolPropped
Field Researcher
#72 Old 21st May 2009 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by boolPropped

Well, to be TOTALLY honest with you, I'd rather not have ANY remakes, but it seems that will be inevitable.

Speaking of new EP themes, I'd like to have one where you can make your own reality tv game show, where, over time, contestants are voted out, evicted, chosen to marry, and whatnot. God help me... I just LOVE reality shows, ESPECIALLY Big Brother (American Version)
Alchemist
#73 Old 21st May 2009 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by boolPropped

I don't/didn't usually send my Sims out much. And when I sent them on vacation it seemed like more of a pain in the neck than anything else. A lot of the features were lost on me. What I did love, however, was being able to swim in the ocean and walk to community lots.
Field Researcher
#74 Old 21st May 2009 at 6:48 AM
I don't/didn't usually send my Sims out much. And when I sent them on vacation it seemed like more of a pain in the neck than anything else. A lot of the features were lost on me. What I did love, however, was being able to swim in the ocean and walk to community lots.

coltraz, you totally nailed it! I got REALLY sick of all the loading times between going places on vacation, and trying to accomplish all those little traveler's goals. But now that there's the whole seamless thing, maybe they could make it run much smoother, and it would be a lot more fun
retired moderator
#75 Old 21st May 2009 at 6:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tinydancer80
Speaking of new EP themes, I'd like to have one where you can make your own reality tv game show, where, over time, contestants are voted out, evicted, chosen to marry, and whatnot. God help me... I just LOVE reality shows, ESPECIALLY Big Brother (American Version)

Oh my! I don't care too much for reality shows (who am I kidding, I don't like them period ), but I could maybe dig it in a Sims-setting.

I don't send my Sims on too many vacations, but I don't mind when they can own their own vacation home (hotel lots tend to get super laggy). Looks like beaches will be available straight away with TS3 though, so that should make you happy!

Formerly known as boolPropped
Page 3 of 5