Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#7326 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 5:48 PM
I wanted my female Sim and her lover to try for baby in the closet - she got in the closet, something weird happened and suddenly she was standing outside the closet again in just a split second. The guy was still sitting in a chair in another room: he hadn't even moved. That's not the weird part though: the weird part was the little jingle announcing her pregnancy. She has no memory of Whoohoo, her Whoohoo-want is not fulfilled and the guy hadn't even gotten in the closet so...... I think she may have been impregnated with a little baby Jesus
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#7327 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 8:32 PM
So the Ramaswamis probably shouldn't be parents--Priya ignored little Padma when her diaper needed changing--she wouldn't even feed her! I watched Priya go around the house, doing whatever she wanted until Sanjay came home. Sanjay's a little bit better as a parent but couldn't figure out what he was supposed to do with a smelly baby. There's a reason you bought a changing table, guys.

Greenleaf/ le Fay---Thranduil Greenleaf and Morgana le Fay (Olive Spectre's slightly tweaked clone) had a little girl and are in the process of teaching her toddler skills. They've done well for themselves with their home business, Morgana selling her Witchy items and potions, and everyone gardening and fishing, living off the land. Morgana and Thranduil have issues with marriage, though--both of them had negative engagement memories, despite their three bolts for each other! :/ They never strayed from each other, but I guess official marriage is going too far. Thranduil has a now-adult daughter, Altariel, that he made when he was a Plantsim. They're both high up in their Medical and Geneticist careers now, the second richest family in the hood I think. I ended up curing them of Plantsimism, and I think that really threw Altariel off. She's a real firecracker and can't stand Morgana, always poking her and attacking her, kicking each other's asses while the man of the house stands there, biting his knuckles and wondering who's gonna win this time. I finally moved her out, being that she was too much trouble, there wasn't a lot of room, she wanted to be her own person, etc. She can be the neighborhood troublemaker when I decide to take her out of the family bin
Inventor
#7328 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BringMeSugar
There's a reason you bought a changing table, guys.

I never had a sim using that autonomously. Íf they change the diapers on free will they just do it anywhere, so the diaper always end up on the floor.
If I want them to use that changing table, I have to direct them to do it.
But since I noticed they got good points for changing the diaper the way I described, I usually do not even bother buying a changing table anymore. I just order them to change the baby's diapers, wherever they are standing with the child. It gives a boost to the relationship between the person who changes the diaper and the baby and I like that part about it.
Mad Poster
#7329 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 10:45 PM
Andrew Martin, wannabe Criminal Mastermind, moved to Downtown with his son Jacob. Jacob was not particularly thrilled about the move, because he thinks he's got a good thing going with Sandra Roth, on the other hand, he wants to make a career out of police work, and Downtown is definitely a better place for that than Riverblossom. They had to move somewhere, because Catherine and Betty had decided to move to the retirement home in Pleasantview.
Jacob wanted to go on a date with someone after his first day of school, so called up Sandra and got her to come go on a date. They have only one bolt, but had a dream date. He learned to study from his dad after he got back from work, and felt generally that maybe living in downtown Simcity wasn't such a bad thing after all.
Andy, meanwhile, called up the lady he's been seeing and had her come over. That would be Brandi Broke. Seems they met at the Crypt O Night, and he recognized her on account of her deceased husband and eldest son being part of the organization. She introduced herself and they got involved. Andy's place downtown is too small for a combined family, Brandi's place in Pleasantview is too small for a combined family, but they're talking about getting married. They'll have to find and fund a bigger house, probably downtown. The kids sort of met at Beau's birthday party but Andy and Brandi figure they need to get to know each other more before becoming step-siblings, so Andy's planning to have Brandi's family over tonight and pop the question with her kids there.
And did you all see the wedding chapel Zarathustra posted? So perfect for them!!!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Lab Assistant
#7330 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mirjampenning
But since I noticed they got good points for changing the diaper the way I described, I usually do not even bother buying a changing table anymore. I just order them to change the baby's diapers, wherever they are standing with the child. It gives a boost to the relationship between the person who changes the diaper and the baby and I like that part about it.

I didn't know there was a relationship boost--that's weird cause you would think using the changing table makes the baby cleaner and shows the parent cares about their well-being. I won't need to shell out more money for a table then, just more of those wall-mounted trash bins.
Inventor
#7331 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 6:07 PM
I've been playing a coven of three witches - mother, maid and crone; teen, mother and grandmother. They all trained hard at the Palace of Light, reached maximum virtue, and each created her magic chair that fulfils all needs. May, the grandmother, is a silver badge gardener, and wants to max out seven skills. Agnes, her daughter, is a journalist, and paints masterpieces at home. Elizabeth, the granddaughter, went off to university. After graduation she briefly took a teaching job, so they could all use the special bookcase. Now she is a surgeon, and her hobby is playing music.

It seemed to me that life was too easy for them. May was sipping elixir of life now and then, to keep her age at 54, and they were all steadily advancing on their Lifetime Wants. I decided to throw a spanner in the works by making the two younger women pregnant. Each seduction was laughably easy: Elizabeth beckoned Dustin Broke to the temporary bed on the lawn, and Agnes fluttered her lashes at Daniel Pleasant. I reckoned both men have good genes, and are likely to give pretty children. When the time came, Elizabeth gave birth to twins. I had to run her labour scene three times before they were both girls, Selina and Sibyl. This is a strictly female environment. Then Agnes gave birth to Alice, so we now have three babies, in a house with no bedrooms.

Their house has no bedrooms, because witches do not sleep. I don't want to rehouse the family, because May has eggplants coming along nicely in the greenhouse, and is looking forward to joining the garden club in spring. There has been some frantic re-arranging of furniture; the second bathroom is now the twins' bedroom, and Alice is snoozing in the study.

Luckily money is no longer a problem. Though May has never had a paid job, Agnes is a level 4 journalist, Elizabeth is a level 8 surgeon, and Tabitha, their cat, is a film star. I may have to add a room or two when the babies start toddling around.
Forum Resident
#7332 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 2:13 AM
Over the week end I set up 'The Beginnings of Belladonna Cove" ( by Marka). Established areas basically based on income levels. There is basically a downtown shopping type area, residential area and a rural area (where the farm field décor was placed already). Moved in several of the young couples and the two single parent Sims included with the Nieghborhood download. I then moved in and played the Ottomas and Newson households who are the two 'founding familes" in this rewound version of Belladonna. I decided that the town's original name is/was Bella Cove.

Dora Ottomas has passed on and her grave marker is the first to be placed in my custom, brand new version of Gamesend Grounds. David is a young adult still living at home. Sharla will soon graduate from high school, Tommy will soon start high school and the twins (Bobby and Betty) have just become children. Meanwhile Samantha is very pregnant.

The Newson toddlers have just started elementary school. Gavin and Ginger have somehow managed to keep the family together.
Inventor
#7333 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by teafortwo
The Newson toddlers have just started elementary school. Gavin and Ginger have somehow managed to keep the family together.

That comment sent me off to the Newson household. I have played them several times in the past. The first time was total misery, with Ginger unable to teach, and Gavin too needy to do anything but look after himself. He was always hungry, yet took an hour and a half to eat a bowl of cornflakes, presumably because, with only two neatness points, he kept missing his mouth. His fun kept dropping into the red, and he would stop to weep. The toddlers stayed alive, but did not learn anything.

The second time I played the Newsons, I put the Oldies in with them, and that went swimmingly. The toddlers learnt all their skills, and all the children got into private school. Perhaps that was a bit too easy. The household is supposed to be a challenge.

The third time I played them, I left them standing on the front lawn. I went to the university, and sent Ginger to college. She did two semesters, then dropped out and went back to tend her family. It was still a frantic struggle, but not total misery. The toddlers learnt to potty and walk, but not to talk or sing the nursery rhyme. Ginger is a family sim, and is hoping to marry once the children have all been taught to study. She fancies Dustin Broke, who is single, but is passionate about George McCarthy, who is not. Honourable marriage, or a sordid affair? What lies in store for Ginger?
Mad Poster
#7334 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 8:04 PM
In the GS Uberhood, Rhett got Joan Mole pregnant at a party she threw in the middle of a date. Seriously, they fill the makeout want, he's ready to woohoo, she suddenly wants a lot of unobtainable stuff and a party. So I had her throw the party and bam! She's ready to drag him into the bedroom as her guests are coming in the front door. Okay, she's got a kink. Rhett's okay with that. He might be less so if he finds out she took Shane Bell out to the mailbox to flirt with him while Rhett was grazing the buffet in his leopard-print briefs...When she realized she was pregnant, he asked her to move into his apartment, where his sons Geoff Rutherford and Trent Traveller are toddlers, and Silver Beech is still a child. There is absolutely no room for the puppy Silver wants, but he and Dad compromised and got a parrot. Named Pollyamory. Because you cannot tell me that's not the perfect name for the parrot of someone doing an uberhood challenge.

Meanwhile, back in Widespot, I have not yet gotten Daytona Beech a trophy husband, but she's sizing up Kennedy Cox for the job. Valentine and Mary Hart managed to slip a date in between tending to their twin toddlers and baby Harding, with the result that Mary is expecting again. Oldest boy Aiken behaves himself very well and is doing most of the work in the garden Mary put in before she realized she was pregnant with Harding. Mary and Valentine both hope this one will be a girl.

At the Mannsion, Candy spent a couple of days gently steering Junior and their son Third through life in the wake of Lana's death (which came in the middle of a visit from the Headmaster and prevented Third's getting in!). Basically I didn't control anyone but her, and she had to use her influence to keep them from flunking, getting fired, starving, or drawing flies. Rich has been neglecting himself in favor of gruelling sessions of "financial consulting" - obviously, scamming people online. He rolled a want for a grandchild and cut his son's access to illicit birth control suppliers. (The excuse for the Uberhood Challenge is that birth control has been criminalized, and all babies are paternity tested and the babies made the responsibility of the biological father.) The result was that Candy had twin girls (! the first girls born in the GS Uberhood!), a gray-eyed one named Lana and a brown-eyed one named Angeline. They now have a full set of possible eye colors, and since he got his big want filled I can start controlling Rich again.

Appropriately enough, the new novel Candy just started starts with a bomb and ends with a baby. I got to see Third pull the static electricity prank on his beloved grandpa, who loved it. More worryingly, Junior has started rolling wants to flirt with Mary, and Rich has started rolling date wants. Well, it is spring...but though he and Candy fell out of love and her attitude toward him went way down when he stood by and let Lana beat her, his relationship toward her is still high. I'm...thinking about that. He can always, of course, go out cruising community lots looking for a trophy wife or a feisty elderly fling.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#7335 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 12:50 AM
Todd and Tedd Traveller became children. Despite their parents neglect they both somehow managed to become best friends with their parents. Even though they grew up with the lowest aspiration (obviously, they were almost constantly ignored and didn't learn any skills). Tina Traveller is now pregnant by Peter Ottomas, I'm thinking of ending her pregnancy though because she's barely a teenager and she really wants to continue traveling with her parents (yes,they leave the twins behind every time)

Daniel Pleasant is getting more and more worried by the day about having another child. Him and Mary-Sue have only recently had Geoff, not to mention Kaylynn gave birth to his other son Nathan the same day, but now Mary-Sue is massive and ready to pop! He probably shouldn't have spent all that money on that new flashy sports car.

The Ottomai welcomed in another blonde baby; daughter Nona Ottomas. Making 6 grandchildren (and 1 great-grandchild) for Dora to be happy about. The house hasn't really got much space left now and it's quite a while til Sharla goes off to college.

Marla Goth learned to walk from Mortimer and potty train from Alexander. I've decided Dina's cat and the Oldie's cat should have a baby together... but only now do I realize why I couldn't get her pregnant... she's a he! Oops! All this time I thought 'Princess' was a female! Though I think the pet statue I have in my game that creates puppies and kittens can make 2 male cats have a baby together, so it's not that bad.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#7336 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 7:02 AM
Got rid of ACR and NO regrets. Leaving the overpopulated hood behind for a while, I started a new one - and everyone's moved in. I thoroughly enjoyed playing without ACR this time around - doubt if I will ever use it again. Sims do flirt and kiss spontaneously after all - and I loved it when Trent Traveller came back from work, walked straight to the kitchen and kissed Trisha all on his own. Most fun I had in ages
Mad Poster
#7337 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 2:59 PM
The Ramaswami's have twins - Sanjeev and Sachin were born.
Field Researcher
#7338 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 5:05 AM
Dina Caliente gave birth to Gabriela Calienta. She doesnt know if its Don's or Mortimers. Nina is pregnant. Who knows who the father is since shes been sleeping around with everyone. (Risky Woohoo makes things fun xD)

-Though this be madness, yet there is method in it-
Mad Poster
#7339 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 12:58 AM
Checo Ramirez has had... an interesting time.. this rotation.

First I played Florence Delarosa who gave birth to Checo's first son, baby Ash Delarosa in the middle of her shop (then went right back to work!). Then I played the Ramirez family, where Lisa gave birth to baby Miguel - who at first I thought might've been Carlos Contenders, but then I saw the pacifier above his head and knew it was his. I'm surprised him and Lisa are still together, they've been quite rocky for a while, causing Tessa to go through a punk phase that she's now grown out of. Little Tessa ran the family business on her own all day while Lisa slept and Checo looked after the baby (and by that, I mean he fell asleep in his hamburger at the table while Miguel was crying in the room next door)

Lab Assistant
#7340 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 8:45 PM Last edited by BlademasterX2 : 17th Feb 2015 at 9:12 PM.
The Bunnies in Monarch Range
15 February NE0245

The White Wizard sent the Bunnies to Monarch Range (Secret hobby lots neighborhood). They patrolled and protected this area from The Black Wizard and his crews.

Meet Bubble (Blue), Benny (Green), Bubby (Yellow) and Beebee (aka. BB, Pink)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Tonao City School, Schoolville district
17 February NE0245

It's just a boring Tuesday, yesterday was Monday, and tomorrow is Wednesday, and we're waiting for Friday, and a life of Saturday. The Pupils whining like an old-man, sorry.

(Thanks for the school mod from Simlogical !)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Rara's Game Season 1
January NE0245

18 Players left.

Stage 3 : Limbo

OK, now we've a team. Everyone just sits on a team-colored sofa and wait for the game begins. It's a Limbo dance, dance with it, pass through it and you will be passed. If you can't, go back to the sofa and try it again, but don't be the last one and you will be eliminated !

Skills : Body
Guest : Bawang Chang
(Can't be a guest now because he got flu)

♒ Aquarius Sun, ♈ Aries Moon, ♈ Aries Rising

Sorry for my English :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7341 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 10:19 PM
The Mitchell's

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#7342 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 4:40 PM
I'm genuinely shocked right now and I don't really know how to move the story further. I don't know if I even want to keep playing the household :/

Jason and Katy Larson (neé McGraw) met in Jason and his sister's medieval themed restaurant and fell in love.

They adopted a daughter, little Elisa. They both doted on her, especially Katy - she'd take naps by her bassinet, read a book close to it - she never let the little one out of her sight.

But the Larson family happiness was short-lived. Jason had studied all night and used the motive booster -aspiration reward without noticing his aspiration points were on green, causing all his motives to drop dangerously low before going to work. When he got home, he starved to death in the bathroom (classic, huh?) and although Katy pleaded for his life, the Grim Reaper wouldn't give in.

Katy went to hold little Elisa and broke down in tears the moment she put her down in her crib.

The worst thing is, Katy isn't very far from dying of old age. What will become of little Elisa?
Mad Poster
#7343 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 5:29 PM
Of course you want to keep playing this family! How else will you learn how the problem is resolved?

In the GS Uberhood, Joan Mole had Rhett's baby - and it's a girl! With blue eyes! Since I've gotten a string of Rhett near-clones, this is a huge relief; but once again she has a very Rhettian personality. Of course she's named Angel, because what else would Mama's boy Rhett call his first daughter?

I was hoping that the girl streak would continue when Mary had her and Valentine's fifth baby, but no such luck - it's another blue-eyed boy named Wilde. Valentine's adult children are going to club together and get them a bunch of illegal contraceptives so they have a little breathing space before trying for that next girl. In the Mannsion, Rich and Junior overfeed the twins and change diapers without using the changing table, then complain about the environment score in the kitchen. Rich has been rolling wants to interact with Candy - talk flirt play hug, it looks like he's on a date! - ever since Lana died, but he hasn't acted on this yet, and since she's not currently friends with him I don't know how it will go if he does.

Daytona Beech started dating Kennedy Cox and he's in love with her. She's not with him yet, but I bet you she has a trophy husband next round! Hamilton and Sandy aged to elder at a pretty good party. Rocky Beech and River Land are going steady. Homer Land is happy to have five grandchildren already, and he and Beulah both want to be best friends with Aiken. Scot threw a roof-raising off-to-college party, collected his logic, footwork, and scholar's grants, and moved to ALT, where Woody has already completed his freshman year alongside Jinny Phoenix. Scot mostly went to ALT because of Woody; he may not stay there, as he hasn't decided his major yet.

SSU, ALT, and LFT are all part of the University Network, connected by special trains; basically SSU is the liberal arts campus, ALT is fine arts, and LFT is science and technology. Woody, Jinny, and Scot are the only ones living at ALT so far; but Woody had a very productive first year, getting relieved of his virginity by Ashley Pitts and subsequently helping Gunda Roque out getting rid of hers. Goldie is dating Sirius Terrano and Dixie is dating Heath Huffington; but I'm afraid she's more serious about him than he is about her. Another complication is that Ashley had a little fling with Rhett, and Goldie and Dixie are both in the sorority with her. I'm trying to play a full year of college for each time I play Rhett's household with aging on (in order to get through the challenge I'm playing several days at a time, but only aging one day), which makes for quite a lot of university all at once, but provides a good long break from all the toddler- and baby-wrangling that making birth control illegal has entailed.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#7344 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 2:38 AM
A few sims graduated, a few got into greek houses.. nothing special.
Blossom Moonbeam and William Williamson graduated, married, moved into a soil farm in Veronaville and now live in a tree. Blossom also gave birth to baby Moonbeam Williamson.
Jimmy Phoenix and Klara Vonderstein moved in together. They've never met before but they both had little cash and were fresh out of college so it just made sense. They own a 2 bedroom home in Downtown and sleep on mattresses on the floor.
Mercutio moved back in with his grandparents (I considered moving him in with Anthonio because he's stuck for cash, but then I decided against it)
Sarah Love found out she was pregnant and she's still a sophomore - fun. She's a family sim so she'll probably keep it. I was actually expecting Jessie to get pregnant first, due to her multiple male callers, but hey that's risky woohoo for ya. I'm tempted to put Demi Love (police woman in pleasantview) as her sister, move her into a house and have her raise Sarah's child while she finishes college - but I'm not 100% on it yet.

Scholar
#7345 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 3:25 AM
@littlejestersims: Aww, Jason looked so pathetic with the thinking cap and that uniform -- what job did he have? I'd love a family with that type of drama...

@Peni Griffin, I'm pleased to find out that it's not just the Goths that have that attitude to twins and changing tables -- though I still think Bella Goth won the prize for absent-minded diaper-changing when she dropped one on the floor two steps from a changing table. I guess rich parents and grandparents have time to pay too much attention to the kiddies..

~

At the Worthington Building, Frances was starting to feel satisfied with himself. He really thought he'd convinced those dogs to stop eating beds, at least he, the dogs, and Jane Stacks had productive jobs, and even the non-working residents were being sort of useful...except for Ashley, who did nothing but gossip, throw his trash on the lobby floor when discovering that the dogs had upended the bin in the garbage room again, and wake up the puppies to play with them. He did invite over...well, I'll have to remember his name from now on, but right now I'll just call him the male Slob. As for why his name should be remembered, it's because Ashley made out with and had WooHoo with the Slob in his Love Tub, ate at with him at the restaurant downstairs from Frances' place, and then asked him to go steady with him. Of all people, Ashley Pitts did have a fleeting desire to get engaged to a Slob...the llama suit was weird enough, but this is setting the bar pretty low!

Danny took disobedience too far, and this spelled his doom; while Sarah happily went off to work that evening, her mate refused, and while he did bond with his puppies a little, he also refused to be bathed or eat. The message kept popping up saying he was starving, he kept refusing to eat and growling at anyone who tried to feed him treats, and then he just started sleeping on the floor, waking up because he was hungry, going back to sleep without eating, and so on. I expected animal control to come and take all the dogs at any moment, then realized that they couldn't while Sarah was at work... Suffice it to say I got very annoyed after the twentieth nagging about Danny being starving, with most of his motives full red by this point. I guess the poor pooch had some illness or thirty from all his time as a stray, because the Reaper came to play fetch with him that night... Actually, I dared to turn on testingCheatsEnabled just long enough to spawn Rodney's Death Creator and controlPets just long enough to kill him off by old age with it. Yes, I could have just used controlPets to make him eat, but that would have been a temporary solution for a dog who had become a major problem by this point. If the Critturs were my first encounter with Sim-pets, I know I would be one of those players who don't like them at all... Anyway, I may need to make Sims die in certain ways at some point, so it was good practice. (I do have a set of rules for traffic accidents -- caused by over-tired driving and getting in the way of vehicles on the road -- and dangerous chance cards combined with poor aspiration, though they're generous enough that nobody's fallen badly afoul of them yet. Mary-Sue Pleasant has fallen asleep at the wheel a few times, but not long enough to crash, and there were near-misses with a few toddlers and dogs getting too close to carpools and school buses...) Jane may well find a way to get him back, as she and Martin were upset at his sudden death. Still, the puppies matter most, and at least they and their mother were spared the attentions of animal control...and Jane and Martin didn't get their new bed eaten before they could spend the night in it!

~

At SimCity Prison, official canine under-warden Porthos tried to make up for getting beaten up by that wolf by learning almost every trick in the book. He hadn't quite managed to learn to sit up before it was time for Klara Vonderstein to leave -- which she did politely, though with an arrogant tone in her voice as she assured Cyd that she didn't consider her imprisonment to be his fault at all, that she doubted he'd see her again, and that she intended to expose all sorts of corruption in the police force and city government. Disconcerted, Cyd remarked under his breath to Porthos that she was a piece of work...and one he found disturbingly attractive. They went off to watch TV together in peace, wondering who the next inmates would be. It was nice to have free time for training and tidying, as well as chatting to pretty townies who happened to be walking by...

~

SimCity Hospital was also occupied only by staff after Jennifer Burb and little Luther went home. Ajay discovered happiness could be easily achieved by preparing large amounts of grilled cheese and touting its virtues to all visitors; Jodie humoured him, but was more interested in what she'd bought from her brother at the Strangetown hospital. Yes, I thought it was Wanda Tinker who got the dark witch potion, but she didn't; she's really terribly boring, having only bought a paper garland at the synagogue and a box of cold pills at the hospital. Rather, it was Jodie who'd got the potion, and she had a strong inclination of what it actually was. With the downward slide of the Summerdream-Gossamers in her mind and no fear of being involved in witchcraft, she considered the chance of being gifted with power of that kind her only chance of being able to repair the damage she expected to result from the kind of tangle of wills that had resulted in Titania's death. She worried about Titania's children, especially with the scene involving their servants that she'd heard happened at the Smiths' house...

Ajay scoffed at the idea of magic, and she knew better than to try to convince him of what she knew about the Summerdream-Gossamers. She shrugged and went off to see Roxie Sharpe, confirm Roxie's pregnancy, and deal with that load of whining. Ajay had to deal with probably-shouldn't-have-been-hired Gilbert Delarosa deciding that he wasn't interested in being a pharmacy clerk, and between that and patients, he went to bed early in the evening. Jodie checked he was in his tiny bedroom, then opened the bottle of "vitamin drink" and sniffed gingerly. It smelled good...mysterious. She poured a little onto her tongue, liked the taste, and drank it down...and promptly turned green. She was quite pleased with the feeling of power the change brought with it, but knew she needed to loose the stupid clothes that had suddenly appeared on her...and change her makeup to suit her new look. A second-floor storeroom with a window served for setting up the cauldron and spellbook she had somehow acquired, and really, green didn't look too bad with her favourite peachy-pink scrubs. Ajay objected when they met while looking for leftovers (him grilled cheese, her anything but grilled cheese) in the early hours of the morning, but she ignored his protests that she'd scare patients to death. This was useful power she had, and she wanted to cast a spell, any spell...so it was time to get mixing in the cauldron!

((I like putting extra little spins on life states, and the one I've added to witches is that when they wake up every morning, their first action must be to take one drink of Elixir of Life, regardless of aspiration state -- and only one, with no further hitting the dispenser until the next day. If there's none on the lot, they have to use aspiration points to get it -- if they don't have either Elixir or aspiration points to get some, they'll lose three days automatically with the SimBlender. The idea is that their power suspends and can even reverse their ageing -- whether they like it or not -- as long as it's fed by a good mental state, but if they are too fragile to contain the power, it will rapidly drain them. Jodie has already gotten a bit younger, though it'll take a while before it's noticeable.))
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7346 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 4:23 AM
That's sad littlejestersims. Perhaps you should have a close family friend or other family friend move in when Katy is close to going, I'm sure she wouldn't want the little one to be in the State adoption system.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#7347 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 11:34 PM
I'm agonizing over Tara Kat Despite her unexpected attraction to Lola Curious (Singles), Lola is currently involved with Trisha (previously) Traveller. This leaves Lazlo and Pascal to fulfill my CuriousKat! pairing.

Lazlo and Tara have a natural two-bolts but Lazlo also has a son and is currently living with Crystal Vu. True, they are only a one-bolt romance but are darling together. Every time I open up their house, I fawn over their little life together.

Then, there is Pascal: from his memories, we know that he was romantically rejected once by Circe Beaker (She rejected him - then dated Vidcund - then married Loki! Girl get around ) so we can assume he is attracted to redheads and is at the very least, bi-sexual. Pascal is single in my game, since Nervous prefers the company of his cat. And genetically, their kids would be AMAZING. Don't get me wrong - Lazlo and Tara make darling offspring as well, but Pascal's eyes on Tara's face and all the hair/eye colors they possess recessively....But the most I've been able to get them up to is 1 bolt.

Which shall it be? Does Lazlo leave Crystal and son for the two-bolt love of his life? Does Pascal find happiness with Miss Kat?
Mad Poster
#7348 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 11:39 PM
YESSSS finally! After 3 miscarriages, Samantha Debateau (Cordial) finally gave birth to... not 1... not 2... not 3... but FOUR babies. Two girls (Bell and Barbie) and two boys (Beaumont and Bobby). Now Armand wants 10 babies! Oh my. Tara moved to university this rotation, which means one less person to help around the house.

@Conversesneaker Glad I'm not the only one who loves Pascal's eyes. I say get him and Tara Kat together! and pleaseplease post their baby photos!

Field Researcher
#7349 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
After 3 miscarriages, Samantha Debateau (Cordial) finally gave birth to... not 1... not 2... not 3... but FOUR babies.

I would totally PANICK!!!!
Mad Poster
#7350 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 7:43 PM
Pascal + Tara, definitely. You like Crystal and Laz together and they're only one bolt. Affection trumps chemistry, and over time improves it.

Still doing the Genderswapped Uberhood Challenge, though I occasionally hear Drama Acres calling me. In the protagonist household, Trent Traveller grew to child and then Joan got a demotion on a bad chance card, which I used as an excuse to change neighborhoods. They moved to Riverblossom Hills because it halves the ride to her new workplace ("the phone company"), and I made a farmhouse next door to the MacGreggor farm, with a shed out back, and made them both rental units. Rhett's menage gets the house, of which I am a little proud, and Alexander Teatherton rents the shed out back.

The first night outing was called by Trent's mother River Traveller, so Rhett added Trent to the outing and off they went. It's the first time Trent and River have seen each other since she dumped him on Rhett, and it didn't exactly go badly. Other guests were Roberta Kim, Tino Traveller, and Tristan Traveller - and since Tristan saw Roberta and Rhett flirting awhile back, he was in both their faces. He and Roberta kept poking and yelling each other, making Tino cry. Rhett managed to evade Tristan's hostility most of the evening, and I was quite proud of him when he did get poked - he responded, but did not immediately retaliate, giving me time to have him end the group and call the taxi. Trent tried to hug River good-by and she recoiled.

Back home, Trent went to bed, exhausted and with low aspiration. I had locked a Learn to Study want, and it had been his first day of school, so as soon as he had a tolerable energy level I had him ask Joan to help him with his homework. Trent and Joan are BFF, having made friends the first time she dated Rhett, so I've decided he calls her Mama and that weird lady is just his mother.

Oldest boy Silver will age to teen next time I play this house. He hates Joan, but not very much - mostly for not being his mother, with whom he has occasional telephone contact. Sandy wants to be best friends with him, but of course has to be discreet about contacting him. Rhett's inviting her to the birthday party and we'll see if we can get through it without a disaster.

Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: Post in v2 :)
Page 294 of 363