Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 6:49 AM Last edited by pedos_shouldnt_be_letfree : 8th Jul 2014 at 6:07 PM.
Default Open, Wild World Requires User Feedback
I've been working on a world, Marrowskies/Cinderpath for nearly a year, and am nearly finished.
I have an experimental version which needs to be tested, analyzed, critiqued, any feedback would be helpful.
EPs Supernatural and Into the Future
Items used from Supernatural include plants, windows, and a few shelves in a building.
Into the Future content is spawners only.
I plan to release a Base Game version as well.

Planning

A-G: Settlements
Sections I-IV: Questionable settlements
Alphabetical symbols marked in yellow are areas for larger settlements, say, 3/4 homes and one market; those marked in green are smaller settlements intended for shacks and bazaars.

Other and details are located on my blog, http://miragarl.tumblr.com/

Please private message for download of world file and CAW file contents
Default tree recolors have not been merged/included yet.

I cannot thank you enough!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 11:02 AM
I love this kind of worlds, and yours looks awesome. The terrain in the last picture looks gorgeous

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 12:32 PM
Sadly, I don't have time to test, but I just wanted to say how beautiful your world is. It looks really well thought out, and really beautifully textured. Maybe a touch dark for actual play, but I'm probably skewed slightly by old eyes on that. Really lovely though - I am astounded at how different it is from any other world I've seen, in such a good way.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 2:15 PM
yes totally agree with everybody before one can see how much effort and passion you putted into building it. gorgeous world! if i had the expansions (and more time) i would love to engage in testing. this is going to be awesome. youre very talented

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 6:05 PM
I'm so shy to approach you holy deities, so forgive me if I stumble around.
All of this input is so very, very important to me, and I am so appreciative of the lovely comments I have received. Thank you so much.

HystericalParoxysm: It can be very dark sometimes. It can be blindingly bright as well (weather ini is so fun, no?). My terrain is dark, as are my df replacement trees. Perhaps I should lighten my cracked magma texture. I must recognize my audience and tune to their requests. I also edit my photos, which is a no-go, I know.

For anyone concerned about EP content I will edit my heading post to clarify the use of the content. I am going to release a Base Game version as well.
Today I will be adding more lots in section C and take more photos.
#6 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 3:45 AM
I love the curve, the sharp look, and the darkness. The texture combination you have used for your island is astonishing! It resembles more realistic island rather than bland EA's island. I would love to see the further update of your good work.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Instructor
#7 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 9:48 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing more of this, especially buildings. Your texture blending skills are impressive, really. The first two pictures remind me of Skyrim for some reason, and the desert texture close-up looks like Fallout 3/New Vegas. I guess when a TS3 world looks like a realistic videogame world, you're making it on point
I checked out your Tumblr and as much as I love dark and foggy customized .INIs (in contrast with EA's default unrealistic weather settings), I have to agree with the people above and suggest slightly lighter settings. It's hard to see what's going on in some pics.

Keep up the good work!

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 3:28 PM Last edited by pedos_shouldnt_be_letfree : 15th Jul 2014 at 5:31 PM.
My biggest inspiration for the desert region was Fallout NV, actually. I was going insane the entire duration of the game (until the dlc came out) because the world builders made such a strange, lumpy desert (I apologize, I can be quite harsh; and the setting is not as important as the story in NV, serves only ambiance and NV world is very small, hence the lack of detail).

Thank you. I update my blog with my itinerary more than I will this thread. The world has no implemented ini weather as it stands. I am still working on it and I assure it it will not be as dark as my conceptual edits. I love weather files, the bloom and sun reflections will help. I will do y'all right.

tree house concepts 15 july
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 7:33 PM

Alchemist
#10 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 10:36 PM
Can you confirm that the last picture isn't photoshopped or real? Because..damn.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#11 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
Can you confirm that the last picture isn't photoshopped or real? Because..damn.

It is photoshopped, by a few "hue" actions and sharpening (original). I'm trying to understand better how I should form the weather ini/experimenting with color to form an uneasy essence.
Do you like the horizon color and sky, then?
Alchemist
#12 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 1:21 AM
Can you confirm that that really is the original? Still damn.

The colours are amazing, yes, I like them.

#13 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 1:44 AM
If you mean that you'd like to download and play around with the beta/experimental version, I'd be happy to PM a link to you
(and anyone else who might like to toy around with it, send a message here or through tumblr)

I must warn you about these sidewalks. They won't be visible in the final, but for now, as I am still tousling things around, they are blatant and, y'know, fairly unattractive.
Alchemist
#14 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 3:27 PM
I'd like to, but I can't

#15 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 5:21 PM Last edited by pedos_shouldnt_be_letfree : 31st Jul 2014 at 7:58 PM.
Don't worry about it. I really just need someone to open it up and give an ounce of feedback (really looking for negative remarks-- "I don't think this works here")

Sunrise location:

Without edits
Field Researcher
#16 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 5:28 PM
This is looking gorgeous. I like playing outside of the box, and a world without any trace of civilisation is awesome.

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer..

Grandpa Joost 1996 †
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 5:57 AM Last edited by pedos_shouldnt_be_letfree : 10th Aug 2014 at 8:42 PM.
That's wonderful to hear, delightfully encouraging during this time. I have encountered a very confusing set-back.

Maybe this is out of place but if any fellow world builders need advice, help with painting/sculpting, or a partner for a co-op project, I'm here.