Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 11:04 AM
Default CC Hair - Hairline lighting bug
One of LumiaLoverSims' CC hairs has a lighting problem at the hairline. It has been there since the start but it irks me too much without asking if there's a solution to the problem. Sadly LLS has discontinued support for the CC in question. In the attached files you should be able to see a faint line across the forehead (with the second picture highlighting the affected area). The problem is most visible in certain lighting conditions.

So what I want to ask is if there is a way to fix or alleviate the problem and what are the necessary procedures?

Many thanks in advance!

p.s. I don't plan to redistribute the CC whatsoever. It's for personal use only. I just love this hairstyle too damn much to let it go to waste.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 2:09 PM
It looks to me like the skin color is showing on the hair mesh, resulting in a slight mismatch of color and some shadowing depending on lighting. You'd fix it by correcting the alpha of the hair texture or the uv mapping of the hair mesh so that the entire mesh has the hair color applied. That would change the shape of the hairline, though, so you might prefer to reshape the hair mesh so the parts that show skin color are inside the head mesh.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 9:46 AM
Thanks for the reply Cmar! I'll try and see if your solution helps and solves the problem.