Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#226 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 11:57 PM
I keep getting stuck.

I followed this: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...New_Mesh_Basics

Everything seemed to be going fine until the part where I was supposed to link the 3D ID Referencing file. I am trying to change hair that I already colored (should I have not colored it yet maybe?).

I had no problem changing the integrity, I saw the files change to the name I had saved my Mesh files under.

I went into my SavedSims folder and pulled up the file with the 8 digits before the name I had saved my recolor file under.

It opened and I saw 3IDR(7) as well as several other folers (BINX, CLST, etc).

There were 7 different 3D ID Referencing files, 6 of which had Resource Node and Shape when I selected Plug-In view.

I wasnt sure how to tell which one I needed so I tried each one and none of them worked. Each time I got a message that read: "Could Not Use This Package. Either Zero or Multiple CRES or SHPE Resources were found. C\: Users\Owner\Desktop\TutorialHairMeshFile.package" ......so what am I doing wrong???? Was there another updated tutorial that I just can't find?? According to the tutorial something should pop up that I should say OK to, but every time I get that same error message. I am stuck, I cannot move forward! I spent literally this entire day trying to learn how to recolor and Mesh hair...I got the recolor, but the Mesh part is getting me stuck. Help????? I am going to try again but this time using a file I have not already recolored and see if that helps. If you know of another solution, please let me know ASAP, thank you!!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#227 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by veronicalmerritt
Each time I got a message that read: "Could Not Use This Package. Either Zero or Multiple CRES or SHPE Resources were found. C\: Users\Owner\Desktop\TutorialHairMeshFile.package"

It sounds like there may be an issue with your mesh file. CRES and SHPE resources are part of the mesh package. Open up your mesh package and have a look at what's in there. There should be four files: CRES, SHPE, GMDC, and GMND (I think... don't quote me on that; I just know there's four of them). If there's not four, then SimPE may be balking when you try to link the recolour to the mesh.
Mad Poster
#228 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 6:28 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th Feb 2019 at 6:44 PM.
Have you tried this one? http://modthesims.info/t/158048
It does refer to this one: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=142305 on how to link up a mesh and texture file.

Making CAS parts such as clothes, accessories and hairs is similar, but accessories and hairs can be more difficult because they have various "rules" that makes them work properly, particularly if you want them for more ages than just one. Excluding bone assignments (which may be harder on clothes), I'd say they in difficulty level as clothes as the easiest, then accessories, and hairs as the hardest. I do suggest that you try out the clothing tutorial first to get a bit familiar with how SimPE works, and then move on to hairs.

If you want to make a mesh from scratch, there are some tutorials on Youtube. I do strongly advice you to keep TS2 hairs low-poly, though. Some creators making those hair tutorials are not shy of making very high-poly hairs, and TS2 doesn't seem to like those much.
Mad Poster
#229 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 12:02 AM
Most of the tutorials are step by step, so I don't think you'll find anything that's much better.
Have you had a look around Youtube to see if there are any tutorials you might understand better there?

Sometimes what you need to do is to follow the tutorials step by step. Open up the programs and follow along while working on a file. You probably won't learn by reading the tutorial ten times. You need to actually do it to learn. It's also easier to help you if you can say "I'm stuck on step 6, because I don't know what to click" or some such.

If you know how to do body meshes you're already pretty far along.
Page 10 of 10