Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#26 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 12:17 PM Last edited by simsample : 17th Aug 2023 at 1:11 PM.
Hi @bobgrey1997

Most browsers have available add-ons to fix the broken photobucket images, which is very useful if you mod the Sims.

I'm also linking a PDF of the original post so that you can see the images. Just download and unzip.
EDIT: Link broken, please see my post below for links.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 4:47 PM
Oh, that's a very nice method. Nobody does it better than the computer itself. Makes me wish CAW still worked.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28 Old 17th Aug 2023 at 1:10 PM
The links in my post above are broken, so I reuploaded the PDFs of the tutorial in case anyone is having trouble seeing the images.
Post #1
Post #13
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 8:20 PM
This is such a great tutorial and it works well, it saves really a lot of time, but if someone can give me hints for

1. How or which area in the Curves tool (I use Gimp) can make it more structured, the height levels like base - to hills - to higher mountain?
Example: my mountain still gets too much grass, I want it more grey up from the mountain middle

2. Is it somehow possible to move the terrain layers in Caw? to have the third as second ? or do I always need to delete and create them again?

3. Does anyone ever used the "Individual layer mode"? I couldn't find any usefull tutorial or video, because I don't understand what it does

Thanks a lot in advance

Regards/Gruß Claudy
You can also meet me at nraas https://www.nraas.net/community/active-topics
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 10:50 PM
@C. Dark The individual layers mode forces the game to put each type of paint you use onto an indicidual layer. Otherwise, they are all on the same layer. You can't rearrange the layers, they display according to the order you created them. This might help you with layers:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=3412826
Page 2 of 2