Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#101 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
It's great to see you stopping in Wes

I have never really left, I have just started keeping my big mouth shut most of the time, since I hate the taste of worn leather.

At any rate, I am very pleased to see what you and CmoMoney have done, and to see what people are accomplishing with the mod you made. Good work.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#102 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 6:23 AM
Lol...nah...I don't think the foot thing you're implyin there applies to you darlin.

It's really nice seeing S3 get a little animation finally...but all the credit for getting it there goes to you and Cmo...not me. The tools the two of you made for it make the process so easy a tutorial is barely necessary and mercifully short.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#103 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 9:11 AM
Wes, since you've re-emerged, we'd welcome your input in this thread: http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=394.0

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#104 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 1:04 PM
I found this tutorial very east to understand - Thanks very much

Much easier than making sims 2 boxes
Banned
#105 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
lyanne14, I really can't provide better advice than that. Throw away the a_xevt_701 CLIP that you downloaded and go through the tutorial the way it's written.

CS, I found the link where i downloaded the smd tools for Blender but it requires 2.5x version of Blender. I'm using 2.56 and the .py works like a charm for it.

It's great to see you stopping in Wes

ETA: I suppose it would be helpful if I actually posted that link

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/...ender_SMD_Tools

Thanks so much for help me,I try and see if I can find it,but when I do what is told in the tut, my clips are not organized like yours in the s program thingy ...the clips are scattered...so I have to search and search, and I checked the sort box,and tags,and name box!!!
Sorry I am a newb to all this...
:D
Thanks for replying :D
Banned
#106 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WesHowe
I just hate when people act like little children and pout about their own failure to follow directions as if it was someone else that caused the problem. No one here is paid to answer these questions, and even if they were, the questions have to be asked sensibly to allow for a sensible answer. I would suggest you start at the beginning and work you way through each step again. Computers are unforgiving;. spelling counts, and a thingy needs to be called the right name. There is no "do what I mean" shortcuts button on any computer I ever saw.

I would be surprised if you have any success at what you are doing if your work habits mirror your forum manners. Perhaps you can apply some adult discipline to your work and get better results.

Idk if ur talking to me or not but I am actually 9years old so I really am not an adult....:D...just so u know haha!I believe it's the picture u saw that was "unmannerly"....if that's ur pet peeve then I am sorry, I wouldt know ...
#107 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 1:50 PM
Lyanne, you know you can sort the list by clicking on the title at the top of the column you want it sorted by?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Banned
#108 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Lyanne, you know you can sort the list by clicking on the title at the top of the column you want it sorted by?

Omg really??????thank you sooooooooooooo much...I am gonna try it right now!!!!
Instructor
#109 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 5:54 PM
I've made an 18+ pose box - I've shared on the 18+ sites and submitted to SXS2 awaiting approval.

What I found easier with finding the xvert file in S3PE is clicking tags and then name. Just scroll down until you see the a_xvert_701 and a_xvert_702 files and export and rename.
Test Subject
#110 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 6:03 PM
Default I keep getting an error when trying to import FullBuild0 to make pose/animation
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages\FullBuild0.package
Front-end Distribution: 11-0402-0951
Library Distribution: 11-0402-0951
Source: mscorlib
Assembly: mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages\FullBuild0.package' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at s3pi.Package.Package.OpenPackage(Int32 APIversion, String PackagePath, Boolean readwrite)

at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.MainForm_PackageFilenameChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
-----
This error keeps apperaing everytime I try to open the fillbuild file. How do I fix?
Im so happy over the release of anims and poses now and I want to make my own
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 7:01 PM Last edited by DarkSilence : 10th Apr 2011 at 7:16 PM.
I followed the tutorial exactly, except I wanted to create a moving animation so I used a_idle_JazzUtility like it was advised at the beginning of the thread. However, no matter how I spell it or whatever, the animation doesn't play when I type it's name in. Do I type in the name from the AnimTool GUI or the name of the clip file? This is very vague.

EDIT: Nevermind. I got it to play but the arm doesn't move properly? I've had this problem before, why won't the arm pose?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#112 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 7:48 PM
ZakBretherton if you're having problems with S3PE the place to ask about that is at Simlogical where you downloaded it. This thread is for the Pose Player tutorial...not s3pe...Inge can help you much better at Simlogical than I can here The link is in the tutorial thread.

DarkSilence you type in the same name you gave the CLIP's package file. Playing short animation sequences with the Pose Player is possible although making them is a little off the topic of this tutorial. The arm will pose...what you're describing is an arm that's not performing a moving animation correctly right? Did you follow all the instructions provided at the start of the thread?
Test Subject
#113 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 8:19 PM
When I try to convert SMD->CLIP I get error :

Err: GetLine() 2

Could someone tell me what this means?
#114 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 8:55 PM
Will everyone please remember to tick Readonly box when attempting to open fullbuild0 or any other EA game file in s3pe. OM, why don't you add this to your instructions?

Alchemist
Original Poster
#115 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 9:49 PM
Pridevah you need to provide step by step details of what exactly it is that you're doing in order for someone to help you.

Inge...you know why I don't...I have been unable to edit the first post of this thread since yesterday. :p
#116 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 9:55 PM
Yes I know, I meant for when it is fixed :D

Test Subject
#117 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 10:19 PM
I deleted all the IK chains, exported the a_idle_JazzUtility CLIP, converted to smd file and imported in Milkshape but I've a problem with the position of my skeleton. Where does it come from ?

Test Subject
#118 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
Re: the problem opening the fullbuild, I'm not sure. You may have to post in the S3PE support forums at Simlogical(nudges Inge ). But in the meanwhile, if you're just trying to get the CLIP file need for this tutorial I've attached it to this post.

Hello!!! thanks for this!!! is easier use this! XD but could you please make me a favor?? if you can attach the file to do an animation not a pose! is because my S3PE don't show the names of the files! :S so it would be great if you do that! thanks!!!!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#119 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ROTOC
Hello!!! thanks for this!!! is easier use this! XD but could you please make me a favor?? if you can attach the file to do an animation not a pose! is because my S3PE don't show the names of the files! :S so it would be great if you do that! thanks!!!!

Check the 'Names' and 'Tags' boxes next to Display at the bottom of the S3PE window.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Alchemist
Original Poster
#120 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 12:04 AM
ReMs I've had a similar issue with the model hitting the floor when I click the animation button in the lower right hand corner. I ended up just removing the rig and the text from my working folder and adding them in again straight from mesher's rar a second time. That fixed my issue...give that a try.
Test Subject
#121 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
Check the 'Names' and 'Tags' boxes next to Display at the bottom of the S3PE window.

thanks!!!
Forum Resident
#122 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 2:19 AM
OK, this might be a stupid question but how would I make poses that need more than one sim? I mostly mean how would I go about using a sim as a prop to mold with because every thing I've tried so far just resets the one body, in milkshape.

Wrote too soon, got it.
Scholar
#123 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 2:35 AM
Export the first sim as an object while you are still in anim mode.
Forum Resident
#124 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jasumi
Export the first sim as an object while you are still in anim mode.

Yep that's what I did, thanks.

But now I'm not sure what I did here. I'm gonna try again but in the mean time, when in milkshape the pose is good, when it gets in game its on an angle. Any wonder why?

Screenshots
Alchemist
Original Poster
#125 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 3:47 AM
You deleted all the objs before exporting the .smd right? And you're using the CLIP from the tutorial? There's more than just an angle issue there...the hand/arm position you have in MS is off too in-game.
Page 5 of 58