Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cigarette/Smoking Mod

by cmomoney Posted 7th Jul 2012 at 8:20 PM - Updated 22nd Jun 2013 at 6:13 PM by cmomoney

1462 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 695 Feedback Posts, 766 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 58 of 59
Field Researcher
#1426 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sarah_Sims
This mod is already autonomous but the fun advertisement is not very high. If you know how to use S3PE you can open the mod and change the ITUN to increase the fun as follows:-

From this: <Change type="Fun" advertised="60"

To this: <Change type="Fun" advertised="100"

This makes the mod advertise more fun which makes sims more likely to do it.

ok thanks so much^.^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1427 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 1:07 PM
can you make this mod for ts4??
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1428 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 4:00 PM
Hello. To what folder do I put this file? http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosti...ettemodSTBL.rar
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1429 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 4:31 AM
Here comes the nicotine... Good work.
Test Subject
#1430 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 7:24 PM
hey great fan of your work i just had a question why is it whenever i try to install the mod on the sims it doesnt show up on the downloads it
Lab Assistant
#1431 Old 7th May 2018 at 6:13 PM
Hi, it is possible to update/modify this mod so that also pregnant and teen sims can smoke too.

Let me know
Thanks
Santori Michela
Lab Assistant
#1432 Old 25th May 2018 at 10:18 PM
This doesn't even work in my game now. Everytime my sim goes to use the box, they disappear and reappear at the starting point in the house.
Test Subject
#1433 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 5:47 AM Last edited by MrMedicinal : 12th Jul 2018 at 6:24 AM.
I can purchase the pack of smokes, however when i try to "activate" the pack of cigarettes in live mode the cursor turns to a hand, similar to when the selected sim cant interact with an object. (A parent trying to activate a kid's special imaginary friend/toy.) I can only move the pack around. It also prevents me from dropping the pack in a character's inventory.

Now i have the Steam version, which auto patches the game to the latest version (1.67.2) and i hear the latest version doesn't play nice with some stuff. Is this the reason? I don't think it's a mod conflict since the objects actually show in game, but hey i'm defiantly not the sharpest tool in the box. I know it's the fault is on my end, but no clue what...

*EDIT* Im an idiot, there was a second pack of cigarettes from another mod that added decorative smokes.

Anyway, thank you very much works great!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1434 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 9:04 PM
I love it! (But the time to the cigarette addiction stop couple be a little more short ^^; )
But even saying that have translation to Portuguese in mine still being in English
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1435 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 5:53 PM
awesome thanks the awesome mod
Test Subject
#1436 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 10:36 PM
Thank you for this awesome mod! I've been using it for 4 years now and it works great! The only problem is that it is in English and that kind of ruins it for me. I can see that my language has been submitted to you but you just need to release it, I would very much appreciate it if you do
Lab Assistant
#1437 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 8:27 PM
It works properly for the most part, except one thing. When my sim is stressed out because they need a cigarette, smoking one doesn't relief the stress. My sim does get all the other positive moodlets, but the stress moodlet stays and the fun-bar doesn't increase. I don't experience this problem when I've just purged my cash files and start up the game, but the next time I play, the same problem occurs. Does someone have any Idea why this is? (I can edit stuff in S3PE if someone has a solution that way)
Lab Assistant
#1438 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 9:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by still-playing-sims3
It works properly for the most part, except for one thing. When my sim is stressed out because they need a cigarette, smoking one doesn't relieve the stress. My sim does get all the other positive moodlets, but the stress moodlet stays and the fun-bar doesn't increase. I don't experience this problem when I've just purged my cash files and start up the game, but the next time I play, the same problem occurs. Does someone have any idea why this is? (I can edit stuff in S3PE if someone has a solution that way)

I can't remember whether my edits will address the exact problem you're experiencing but here they are anyway. :-)

Smoking Mod Edits (Final)

Sarah_Sims
NRaas Industries
Lab Assistant
#1439 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 11:15 AM
I can't remember whether my edits will address the exact problem you're experiencing but here they are anyway. :-)

Smoking Mod Edits (Final)

Looking at your edits, I don't think it will do the trick but I'm not entirely sure:

does the kFunFromSmokingMultiplier also change the adverse effect when the 'need a cigarette' mood is applied?

Also, what does the <Exit funExit=“False” stressExit=“False” interruptible=“True” /> edit do?

Anyway, thank you, I'll try it out, maybe it does work. And also, my condolences for the passing of Geoffrey Landgraab
Lab Assistant
#1440 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 7:46 PM
does the kFunFromSmokingMultiplier also change the adverse effect when the 'need a cigarette' mood is applied?
I'm not sure about this, sorry.

Also, what does the <Exit funExit=“False” stressExit=“False” interruptible=“True” /> edit do?
I believe I just changed the "interruptible" part of this from False to True, which allows the user to cancel the smoking interaction from a sims' action queue. Otherwise, the sim will smoke for what seems like absolutely ages and won't obey any other commands you give them.

And also, my condolences for the passing of Geoffrey Landgraab
LOL! Thank you!

Sarah_Sims
NRaas Industries
Lab Assistant
#1441 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 3:48 PM
I'm not sure about this, sorry.

I believe I just changed the "interruptible" part of this from False to True, which allows the user to cancel the smoking interaction from a sims' action queue. Otherwise, the sim will smoke for what seems like absolutely ages and won't obey any other commands you give them.

It did not seem to help with the issue I'm having. I still appreciate your edits though, you've enabled my sims addiction by making it less inconvenient
To work around the motives issue, I'm currently just using cheats to get her fun motive back up, not ideal, but not a huge problem either.
Lab Assistant
#1442 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 4:10 PM
It did not seem to help with the issue I'm having. I still appreciate your edits though, you've enabled my sims addiction by making it less inconvenient
To work around the motives issue, I'm currently just using cheats to get her fun motive back up, not ideal, but not a huge problem either.

You're welcome but sorry I couldn't help more.

Sarah_Sims
NRaas Industries
Test Subject
#1443 Old 16th Nov 2019 at 11:24 PM
Default i love itttt
awesome work
Lab Assistant
#1444 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 1:32 AM
does anyone know how to shorten the time down on how long they smoke for, or is that part scripted in?
Test Subject
#1445 Old 12th Jan 2020 at 11:04 AM
Default no download
when i download it becomes getfile.php any help?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1446 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 11:51 PM
I'm really impressed with these. To someone like me who knows nothing about modding, this is miracle work! I love this mod! I mean, I hate cigarettes irl, but this is great for a sims game!! I've had so many sims that should be smokers, and now they can be!! I love this mod and i really appreciate all the work you put into this. It came out great!!
Like others have said, it would be really cool if you get add annoyed moodlets for people around the smoker and you have no idea how much I'd love a weed version with joints. Thanks again!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1447 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 10:51 PM
Cool Mod!
Test Subject
#1448 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 4:10 AM
Sweet! Now my kids can lecture my sims, too!

i hope the clipping isn't too bad, my sims are chunks!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#1449 Old 18th Jun 2020 at 10:06 PM
Amazing mod, thanks!
Lab Assistant
#1450 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 6:53 PM
I'm downloading this because I want to make my Sims of John Constantine smokers like they are in the comic books they're from.
Page 58 of 59