Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 5:29 PM
For some reason, even if I evict the Sims from the town , the Sims are still there, any help?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 7:38 AM
I am considering giving this one a go as well...still trying to flesh out what era and protocols for my society I like to implement. But, a story is starting to develop in my mind...the pictures and scenes can't be far behind. I'll keep ya posted as things move along if you'd like. I might even like to have volunteers for my founder and new families for my Settlement! If you're interested in having your sims help populate my town, just let me know and we can do all that outside this thread. I do hope for Test Subj...I mean Volunteers! It's fun to play others creations, I always hope I'm getting them at least right part of the time! lol Thanks in advance if you "lend" me a hand at this one.
Test Subject
#78 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kathcberg91
For some reason, even if I evict the Sims from the town , the Sims are still there, any help?

You have to delete them from the household management thing.
Test Subject
#79 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MegaMutant
You have to delete them from the household management thing.

Or you can use these empty worlds http://one-billion-pixels.blogspot....llow-creek.html

Just backup your Saves folder before, but it's so perfect for that kind of challenge
Scholar
#80 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by oyalinkaya
However, I cannot understand how are my sims supposed to pay bills when there is not even one community building. I mean, who are these mysterious people collecting bills. Shouldn't we ignore bills until a decent governmental body is present in the community?

Mega-late reply... I believe the initial bills are supposed to go to the mother-country that originally set up the colony. For me with my pseudo-Australia it was easy, because there was a fully fledged history running in the background, including several npc characters like the changing governors that didn´t exist a sims. But if your settlers are intrepid and owe no faraway country, the those bills perhaps represent gifts of goodwill to the people in the land they settled? I wouldn´t overcomplicate things. Just pay the bills and come up with a justification that fits your setting.
Test Subject
#81 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 1:26 AM
Hi there! I have started this challenge and love it. The only thing is people are walking around the world. They keep spawning in. I delete the households from "Manage Households" but new ones appear. Is this normal or is there a way for it to stop? Please help and Thank you!
Scholar
#82 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 6:00 AM
Unfortunately you cannot disable the townie generation, only reduce it with this mod: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=535110
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 2:52 PM
I was allowed to add a family of 5 to my colony. I found a family on the gallery that I like. Does a pregnant sim count as 2 sims?

The family had three ya/adults (one was pregnant), a child and a baby. Is this considered 6 sims or only 5?
Test Subject
#84 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 7:26 PM Last edited by tomlovesrose : 21st Mar 2015 at 10:34 PM.
This challenge sounds very interesting was wondering if anyone is doing it on you tube that i could watch before i start it. Like to see how its coming along..Plus i never done a challenge before so this would be new to me..
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 4:45 PM
I am really enjoying this challenge, thanks for posting it. Here is my starting couple. Kathryn and Donnie Crump. Theirs was a marriage of convenience so they could both get off planet but they ending up very much in love. Despite Donny's Lack of Comment issues.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#86 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 7:46 PM Last edited by vadkins : 9th Apr 2015 at 7:58 PM.
I'm working on this challenge, atm, playtesting some new restrictions:

Vacations
- No vacations to Granite Falls. No collecting of OR specific fish/bugs/plants. No Herbalism.
Lift restrictions by:
- Unlocking Medicine
- Heir has Fitness +6 (gotta be able to get the family to your vacation destination)

(After Vacations have been unlocked, everyone in the household may go on vacation, but they may only stay a number of days equal to the current heir's fitness score (up to a maximum of seven days, obviously). If you have unlocked Careers, sims who have jobs may be left at home to complete them. If a sim with a job goes on vacation and stays for more days than they have vacation days, they must immediately quit their job upon returning home (assuming they haven't been fired). They may get a job again, but not in the same career.)

Arts & Commodities
- Your sims have very few paint colors/dyes and no idea how they are made. You may not have brightly colored objects. Homes must be furnished in natural colors, rusty reds, white/black, and desaturated/dark blues. No brightly colored clothing. No decorative paintings. No one but the Heir may interact with easels*. (Woodworking/playing with clay is allowed). Sick sims cannot use herbal remedies.
*ETA: In each generation before the unlock the Heir may level their painting skill to 3, in order to be able to paint portraits of family members. Each family member may have 1 portrait made in their lifetime. Portraits must hang on the Legacy lot, and may not be sold or transported to another lot. Any non-portrait art must be placed in the family inventory and never removed.
Lift restrictions by:
- Heir reaching Herbalism +6
- Must have unlocked Medicine

Once I install GtW I will try to come up with restrictions specific to it. Obviously no one else is required to play by these rules, just thought I'd share them incase anyone wants them.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 12:45 AM
Can you Pleeeease explain me this?
What do you consider people "joining" to your colony? You mean in the same neigboorhood? Or same town? Please explain because more than 8 sims can live in one lot...

Play my sims 3 version of The Princess Challenge

Currently playing The Dynasty Challenge
Test Subject
#88 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 2:18 PM
Okay, so this is pretty much my first attempt at one of these challenges. I have a bunch of mods installed and don't want to go through them all but pretty sure nothing that will make it too cheaty. Brian and Rose Dewitt had a pretty nice life before, had just gotten married and were ready to settle down after Brian left the army. However, he got a call one day asking him if he would take on a new mission - a top secret mission. Of course he said yes, he's always happy to do what he needs to. It didn't take long before he had to convince his new wife they had to move to a new, lonely place, where no-one else resided and start a new colony, there were no other married couples left after a mysterious disaster, so it was up to them. She begrudgingly agreed, so they moved here and had to build a house out of a very weird assortment of supplies the army had laying around - including this weird stove, fridge and lights the needed no power. Luckily they found a nice spot where they could do some fishing since they started with absolutely no money! They splashed out and bought an easel and bookshelf so they wouldn't get too bored, seeing as there were no people to have friends with. It didn't take long for them to decide to try for a baby - Rose is self assured, and Brian is Evil and Self Assured so they don't always get on too well - would be nice to have another face around the place.

Don't know how long I'll play this, I seem to keep getting bored of the Sims and going back to spending hours sifting through custom content instead. I probably won't keep updating with my story either, and just play because it won't be very exciting :P
Screenshots
Test Subject
#89 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 2:20 PM
I forgot to put their picture. They're just in regular casual clothes, they weren't allowed to wear their nicer, or brighter stuff for some reason. Not that Brian minds, he wore a lot of dull colours in the army anyway.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#90 Old 7th May 2015 at 11:35 AM
After reading the challenge rules i deceided they are worthless beceause they fight themself at some point, i am not going in details the one that made up the challenge should find them theirself.
Test Subject
#91 Old 9th May 2015 at 12:56 AM
I love this Challenge and I am no way criticizing the challenge at all. I just wanted to put that out there before anyone reads this lol!!![I][U]
The concept of this challenge is a very good one! I am doing the challenge now. However the rules are very confusing and need some TLC. I stream on twitch and the discussion so far with the rules has been very confusing to say the least.

I think the higher education should be omitted altogether.

The medicine restriction is a bit iffy as well. Change it to WooHoo instead of Medicine and it will make a lot more Sense.

This makes no sense as well ....
-You can also attract people by hosting great parties. You may add one family for every type of party for which you’ve got a gold medal. You can only invite people who live in your colony to your parties, you can’t invite homeless people!
No need to have that first sentence. It just confuses people. You can only invite people who already live there no need to attract people who are already in the colony. Attacting people makes it sound like you can add townies/homeless people then in the very next sentence it says no homeless people.
If you can only invite people living in the colony so I think what you meant was "add" new people in CAS. The word attract makes it sound like you can add Townies to your colony.

Also if you are not playing sims in other house holds they will get jobs and go to school on their own! Not sure if there is a way to stop this but after awhile logging in to each one to make them quit their jobs is just to much so I stopped and only my current household have no jobs.

Those are the big ones that stand out for me and if I am reading them wrong please let me know but the rules are very confusing and I want to make sure I am not doing it wrong because let me tell you viewers on stream will call me out in a heart beat if I am not following the rules!
Scholar
#92 Old 9th May 2015 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy757
Also if you are not playing sims in other house holds they will get jobs and go to school on their own! Not sure if there is a way to stop this but after awhile logging in to each one to make them quit their jobs is just to much so I stopped and only my current household have no jobs.

That wasn´t a problem back when the challenge was written, as this questionable feature was introduced only much later.
Test Subject
#93 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 9:07 AM
Default ?
where did you get the clothes, especially the women! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#94 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 6:50 PM
I decided to start this I may post pictures later! Bulldozing all these lots right now :P
Test Subject
#95 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 3:09 AM
Default Setters' Challenge: George and Abigail
I love this challenge! I started playing today with my settlers, George and Abigail. They built a small one-bedroom cabin with a fireplace, wood stove, and cold storage. The bathroom has modern plumbing. (The lot can be found in the gallery in my uploads, username gamelia.)

Abigail was eager to get started gardening, and George went straight down to the water to fish. Between the two of them, they make extra money by digging for treasure and collecting rare frogs. Each evening, they enjoy supper by a fire, followed by George's fiddle playing.

Screenshots
Test Subject
#96 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 8:20 PM Last edited by Musicaljello42 : 9th Jul 2015 at 12:36 AM.
Hi there! Great challenge, thanks for sharing!

I started this last night and it seems fun so far. I do have some questions though! I'll share some fun experiences and list questions at the end.

Jayson and Alexia Cote built a small cottage on fertile land. Jayson aspires to be a Freelance Botanist so he spends his days gardening to keep up the family while Alexia spends her days reading novels. (Eventually Jayson told her she had to weed the garden once a day!)
The gardening paid off well enough that they were able to expand their cottage to make room for a child, Jalissa, a lazy girl. She's certainly not the next Heir! Alexia is pregnant again and everyone is "settling" in nicely.

Suggestions?
Maybe have a required handiness skill before you can build on the property?
Maybe choose a "trade"? Like gardening, fishing, mining?

Questions:
-So when you move a child out of the house, what do you do with them? Could I roll the dice and assume it's like moving in a new family?
-are you supposed to keep the same property for the whole challenge?
Maybe more questions to come! Thanks again!

*edit*
Also, what are you supposed to do with the old heir once you choose a new one? They stay in the home until they die?
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 9:10 PM
Musicaljello42 ,
I'm not sure what the "rule is" but when I played this challenge I made one large lot with lots of tiny cabins on it. I moved all the spares there when the time came. that way they could still visit the family. :-)
Test Subject
#98 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 9:23 PM
Just started this challenge on my YouTube channel. I regret getting Dagny books, it's ALL she ever does xD
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#99 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 10:13 AM
Started mine here on my Tumblr >http://dichotomyofasimmer4pointzero.tumblr.com/<
Test Subject
#100 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 7:10 AM
excellent challenge love this am starting a new game right away
Page 4 of 6