Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#226 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 1:43 AM
Okay then I guess there is a reputation bar. Haha, I need 2 browse in that area a little bit more :P
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#227 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackSquirrel

I made two sims that are supposed to be Soul Mates (tm). She thinks he's hot. His turns ons are makeup and fitness. She is wearing makeup and is fit with max body, athletic and dance. He is turned off by vampires, but she isn't one. When he sees her he does the attraction gestures.. and he has two lightning bolts for her, but when she asks if he likes what he sees, he puts his hand in her face and says effectively "NO FREAKIN WAY WHO LET THE DOGS OUT" in Simlish and she's all disappointed. Seems like a bug? They're in love, too, and his reaction is frankly slap-worthy. Technically it's not relationship breaking, but I do the 'do you like what you see' thing and "Check Sim Out" because it resets their wants, especially on dates when it fills up with stupid stuff..

Usually if it's a feature of the sim, like fitness or make up, there will be a bubble with a red ex through that feature when the sim responds badly to the "do you like what you see." But if there's a picture of the sim in the bubble it means that it's either an aspiration or a personality conflict.
Forum Resident
#228 Old 2nd May 2009 at 10:12 PM
Regarding the spell that makes a Sim accept the "next five socials" -- does this apply to Romantic socials? Could a Romance witch or wizard cast a spell on someone s/he just met and Make Out or Woohoo, for instance?
Lab Assistant
#229 Old 3rd May 2009 at 1:37 AM
I have a Sim family that lives an ordinarily happy existence in an apartment, except for one thing. If I have the door locked on "Allow Household Only," no one can get in; no one they invite over, no service people they call, only them. BUT, if I unlock the door, all the other townies who live in the other apartments spontaneously enter and congregate in my house instead of going to their own apartments. They stand in my kitchen eating my food, sit on my couch and play my video games... are other apartment-ers supposed to be able to randomly waltz into your house whenever they want, or is this a bug?
Scholar
#230 Old 3rd May 2009 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Piyokochanxoxo
If I have the door locked on "Allow Household Only," no one can get in; no one they invite over, no service people they call, only them. BUT, if I unlock the door, all the other townies who live in the other apartments spontaneously enter and congregate in my house instead of going to their own apartments. They stand in my kitchen eating my food, sit on my couch and play my video games... are other apartment-ers supposed to be able to randomly waltz into your house whenever they want, or is this a bug?

I had exactly the same problem with one apartment when I decided to experiment with Lock... option. Everything was fine before, only invited/brought from work or school Sims could enter the apartment.I honestly don't remember how I fixed it, or if I fixed it at all, and I don't have that neigbourhood anymore to check. But yes, it does look like some kind of bug which appears once you start locking the door using its locking option. I learned from that experience and never tried to lock my living in apartments Sims front doors
Field Researcher
#231 Old 6th May 2009 at 10:50 PM
When I got Apartment Life, I was terribly disappointed in the closets that came with it. While excited that they brought closets finally into the game, they're barely functional. I only get the woohoo/try for baby option, all of the mirror options (if using the mirrored closets) but only get the "dress for work" option if I have a male sim selected when I click on it. I've went through all the recolors, picking female colors thinking that it's a gender thing but nothing ever changes. The closets don't actually offer any dressing options other than work attire.

I don't know if this is how the closets actually are in the game or if there's a bug, glitch, hack conflict or what but I don't see the point in having closets if they're not for changing clothes in. All it does is sit there and take up wall space.
#232 Old 7th May 2009 at 12:59 AM
My closets offer other usual functions such as dress into formal clothes so maybe it could be something wrong?
Lab Assistant
#233 Old 9th May 2009 at 4:18 PM
I have a Sim family that lives an ordinarily happy existence in an apartment, except for one thing. If I have the door locked on "Allow Household Only," no one can get in; no one they invite over, no service people they call, only them. BUT, if I unlock the door, all the other townies who live in the other apartments spontaneously enter and congregate in my house instead of going to their own apartments. They stand in my kitchen eating my food, sit on my couch and play my video games... are other apartment-ers supposed to be able to randomly waltz into your house whenever they want, or is this a bug?

Nope. As far as I know, it's not a bug. But surprisingly, my neighbors rarely went up to my apartment, my landlord does.

And for the closet, have you tried selling and re-buying them? I had that problem once, but I sold it and re-bought it then it went back to normal.
Scholar
#234 Old 16th May 2009 at 11:55 PM
Anyone else have an NPC Evil Witch named... Karl? o___o

I'm not ashamed to say it, that post made me laugh.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Lab Assistant
#235 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 12:46 AM
I have bought AL not long ago, and have a question. Previously, my sim could ring any other playable sim s in the NH who had a phone at home, no matter if my active sim knew that sim in the phonebook or not. Now, sims can'r call just anyone on the phone, they must meet sb. before calling them. Is it a glitch, or just a new feature in AL?

I know, it is realistic, you can't call a random person in a phonebook in life... But it makes meeting new sims more difficult.
Scholar
#236 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 1:37 AM
Did you have a phone hack? Without a hack there was no "phone book", they only were able to call other sims they'd already met. That hasn't changed since Base Game.
Lab Assistant
#237 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 5:21 PM
I had a lot of hacks, many of which came with the unofficial Friends addon, probably that was one of them. I got rid of racks before the last reinstallation, and redownloaded those I needed most. So, I wasn't aware of this being normal

thanks.
Page 10 of 10