Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#526 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 5:04 AM
I'm re-reading Paper Towns by John Green
Advertisement
Banned
#527 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 1:57 PM
Dead Mountaineer's Hotel by Strugatsky brothers.
Field Researcher
#528 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 9:37 PM
Just finished "The Forgotten Garden" by Kate Morton

Google has the answers. Not me.
Theorist
#529 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 8:56 PM
I'm reading the Bible. Don't think I'm some sheep who doesn't know what's up, but I'm looking for an miraculous epiphany.
Instructor
#530 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 6:34 PM
Lionboy by Zizou Corder in Danish. It haven't really caught me yet, but it's an okay book. Haven't read more than 5 or 6 chapters, so...
Mad Poster
#531 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 2:07 PM
How Buildings Learn - What happens after they're built by Stewart Brand.
Instructor
#532 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 2:41 PM
Right now I'm reading The Egyptian by Mika Waltari. It's a classic book, I felt like the last person around who hasn't read the book yet so I'm just trying to fill the gap in my education.
Banned
#533 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 3:30 PM Last edited by Lance : 1st Mar 2011 at 6:01 PM.
WayBack, strangely enough, I never heard of the book before... but it sounds so interesting, so thank you, I am going to start reading it today
Test Subject
#534 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 4:47 AM
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy by Stieg Larsson
Field Researcher
#535 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 12:28 PM
I just finished the second book of the Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins. Now I am reading The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice until I get the 3rd one.

My simblr
Forum Resident
#536 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 12:58 AM
I'm in the middle of No Time For Fear, a collection of WW2 nurses' accounts of their experiences. I need to try to finish it this weekend, too, because someone issued a recall on it so my library due date got bumped way up. What the heck; it doesn't seem like the kind of book that should be in super high-demand like that! Sigh.

I'm also technically reading Dick Winters's memoir, Stephen Ambrose's Citizen Soldiers, Carl Sagan's The Demon-Haunted World... sigh. I find and/or start books faster than I can read them these days.
Mad Poster
#537 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 8:29 PM
I started reading The Fifth Queen by Ford Madox Ford, and it's great. The subject is Henry Vlll, Thomas Cromwell and Katharine Howard.
Tempscire, I'm going to check out No Time for Fear.
Field Researcher
#538 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 8:33 PM
Meridon By Philipa Gregory
Lab Assistant
#539 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 10:15 PM
As usual I have about 5 on the go

Iron Council - China Mieville
Deadhouse Gates - Steven Erikson
The Fry Chronicles - Stephen Fy
Reread of Game of Thrones - George RR Martin
The Darkness that Comes Before = R Scott Bakker

Check out my sims blog - Monkeys with Technology
My pixels@SU

Undead Molten Llama
#540 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 8:35 PM
I'm reading The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett for about the 18-millionth time. Even though I find it quite draggy toward the end, the darn thing still manages to suck me in every time.

I'm also reading a biography of William Wallace (of Braveheart fame). I like biographies and tend to be reading one all the time. I borrow them from the library so that I don't have to buy them and further clutter up my straining bookshelves.

Also, Martin Luther's commentary on Galatians, for about the 10th time.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
#541 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 12:06 AM
I'm re-reading the Sookie Stackhouse Series.
Instructor
#542 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 12:24 AM
I am currently reading Contagious by Scott Sigler (just read the first one, Infected and loved it) then I am going to read Paul Gallico's Jennie again, after 25 years I finally found a copy! Then I guess I may start my Alien versus Predator series again (that is about 30 books so it should keep me going for a month or two)...I love reading.

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Lab Assistant
#543 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 4:47 PM
Paper Towns by John Green, and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.

You know that place between sleep and awake? The place where you can still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.
Test Subject
#544 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 4:37 PM
Just finished the Cirque du Freak series by Darren Shan. Either going to reread the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning or start A Game of Thrones by George RR Martin.
Test Subject
#545 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 6:00 AM
I'm currently reading Deception Point by Dan Brown, The Amber Spyglass by Phillip Pullman, The Alchemist and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Pretty good books so far.
Alchemist
#546 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 6:42 AM
Clash of Kings - George R R Martin. ;O
Test Subject
#547 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 6:48 PM
I'm reading Reckless by Cornelia Funke. To be honest, I'm only reading it because I got it for Christmas, and if I hadn't got it, I would be reading something by one of the Bronte sisters or something like that. Before this I read What Katy Did, the Douglas Adams books, Little Women, What Katy Did At School and What Katy Did Next. You can probably tell which genre I like.

All Hail Delphy! Especially because he fixed my avatar!

My Youtube page is here
Alchemist
#548 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 6:02 PM
Aaaand Storm of Swords. By George R. R. Martin. xD Yep, right onto the next in the series.
Test Subject
#549 Old 6th May 2011 at 4:48 PM
I am currently reading a book titled Drylor The First Artifact. It is a pretty good book and I am rather surprised it caught my attention since I am not really an avid reader of the fantasy genre.

The book isn't really a mainstream novel, it is more of a JRPG (Japanese RPG) of the book world. What I mean by that is, say that lord of the rings is equal to the final fantasy series of gaming, Drylor would be more like a Star Ocean to the Final Fantasy or a Titan Quest type-game to the Diablo series.

The point I am trying to portay is, while Drylor the first artifact is a really good book, it will never reach the magnitude of popularity displayed by the tyrants of the genre. It will always be the underdog.

Now with that rather... pointless explanation out of the way, if you are looking for a new book to read and you enjoy reading fantasy books then I highly recommend picking up Drylor The First Artifact.
Lab Assistant
#550 Old 17th May 2011 at 6:56 AM
Breakfast at Tiffany's and other stories!
I recently finished In Cold Blood, so I wanted to try something else by Capote. I'm glad that I did. Breakfast at Tiffany's was so good! I've never seen the movie, so it was really different from how I thought it would be. I'm reading the third story right now out of four, and I'm sad that this has to end
Page 22 of 41