Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 2:39 PM
Default is it worth the money?
I am thinking about getting meadeval, but im not sure if it's worth the money. Can anyone tell me more about it?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 2:56 PM
It's like a Sims 3 on rails. I'd wait until it's at bargin-bin prices.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 5:18 PM
Depends on your preferences. Do you enjoy playing RP Games? Going on quests and such? If so, Medieval might be entertaining to you. From my perspective I'd tell you that even if you did like RP Games, this would be a game to either skip, or wait until the game is in the bargain-bin.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 8:24 PM
considering what you have been saying, maybe i will wait for it to go to half price books and buy it for five bucks.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 10:23 PM
Graphics are much much nicer than Sims3, sims look a lot better, lighting is much improved. The most important thing though is the fact that the game loads up in a minute, and runs like a normal game, doesn't run like the dog which is Sims3 today, if one has bogged it down with all the EPs or SPs.

One very good thing about this game is one can butcher other sims by doing the swordfighting, although one needs the Dynamic Professions mod for this to be instituted properly. There is still no good way to outright kill other sims in Sims3, where your sim can be the executioner, with the action and animations and effects done properly. Also the problem with Sims3 that half of the time the Reaper lets the victim live, refuses to take them, making something like the Desecrate Weapons System mod almost a waste of time.

In TSM sims can get drunk, and it's called wine and ale, not "juice". TSM is much looser, or more adult one can say.

There is no Build mode, which many consider a game-breaker; but I appreciate it as I don't like build mode, don't like building houses and lots. Difficult to play Legacy with this game, this is also fine for me as I never play that way.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Instructor
#6 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 10:28 PM
Personally, I love this game and I play it everyday. with the addition of mods, it's an excellent game.
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 10:31 PM
I think it is
Instructor
#8 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 12:38 AM
If you want The Sims 3 with medieval styling this game isn't for you. I personally like that the game is different from Sims 3. So when I'm tired of one I still enjoy the other. It's really kind of like a stories game, but better.

All in all, I think it's worth it.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 5:12 PM
I never played the original Sims, so I had hoped for a little more building capabilities. With all the mods added, TSM is a very playable game. But I can see if getting old quickly doing the same quests over and over and over....

Yes it is the clothes that makes the Sim
Mad Poster
#10 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 6:08 PM
I agree 100% with Shimrod's post above. I wasn't expecting much from The Sims Medieval, after what a disappointment I found TS3 to be after having very much enjoyed TS2, and waited until fairly recently when it was half price before buying it.

Once I did, I was surprised how much I enjoyed playing it. I don't build or play legacies, so I don't find the absence of those features a problem, and what I did find was that TSM seemed more like TS2 than TS3, in that the humour is much more fun and quirky like it was in TS2, the sims are more attractive and realistic-looking than in TS3, and that there's a lot more for your sims to do than in TS3 base game. I'm actually finding just base game TSM with no expansions, more fun to play than TS3 with all of its expansions.

And I too love how it's more adult, what with wine and ale rather than nectar and juice, and that your sim can have 'drunkard' as a trait!

Of course, I haven't yet completed all the quests, and maybe it will get boring after that - I'll have to do the 'free play' mode and see how I like that, but so far, I'd say it's definitely worth the half-price tag I paid for it.
Instructor
#11 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 5:44 AM
I love it. It feels less "censored" than sims 3. I also like the introduction of religion and magic.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#12 Old 10th Aug 2011 at 4:02 AM
Now that I've seen a mod that allows children to take over their parents profession (which was game-braking for me, how the hell is Joffery spoused to brat-over? lol) I plan to buy it on Black Firday, because EA generally has pretty good sales in their online store then