Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#1051 Old 29th Sep 2016 at 4:24 AM
I've gotten a Mod from here to fix alien abductions and tested with my 100 baby challenge to stop alien pregnancies until the residents are more settled into town.One family can't get their house expanded until spring because the town's buried in tons of snow from the blizzards they've had so far all winter.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1052 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 6:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RezRizRaz
I've been having looooads of fun with this challenge! I have a couple questions though, if you don't mind. Do the alien-abduction pregnancies count towards 100 babies? And, can the founder's children leave the home lot for reasons other than school or work?

Yes, I've always counted alien babies as toward the 100 babies! As long as you're not getting the majority of your kids from that, I think it could be fun to add some aliens! And yes, Children can leave the house whenever and wherever they would like!

http://amiisims.tumblr.com/ - Visit my Simblr!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1053 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 3:24 AM
Does anyone else name their babies in some sort of pattern? I've done A-Z, A-Z girls and A-Z boys. Currently I started Gen 1 with founder Gabriella and named all her kids G names. Next Gen heir was Ginger, so I named all her kids R names. Rhea was next, and all her kids are A names.

Test Subject
#1054 Old 31st Oct 2016 at 7:16 PM
I haven't played The Sims since... 5? 6 years? I started again just yesterday and all the memories it gave to me were so wonderful! In just one day, my couple of sims growed up since young adult to old men and had 2 children. Thinking about goals to make the game a little bit more entertaining, I found this topic and could be a nice way to play.

A little suggestion; in the rules you don't mention at all the changing of lapse between ages... Must we play the game with "default" times of aging? Because if you change it to the maximun duration, a sim could live over 300 days (further that) and have, maybe, those 100 kids in only 1 generation. I think this must be done with default times I believe?

Thanks and I will try this for sure! :D
Field Researcher
#1055 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amiisay
Does anyone else name their babies in some sort of pattern? I've done A-Z, A-Z girls and A-Z boys. Currently I started Gen 1 with founder Gabriella and named all her kids G names. Next Gen heir was Ginger, so I named all her kids R names. Rhea was next, and all her kids are A names.

I'm crazy about Alphabetically naming my kids! Since my twins are having a contest - each of them name their next set of children with all the same letter. Shannon started with Alasdair, Alaina & Abigaile and Teagan started with Atomic & Azriel. Additionally, Shannon is trying to use Celtic naming & Teagan is using gothic/evil names.
Field Researcher
#1056 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 9:58 PM
I finally attempted this household again! It got crazy with so many babies & toddlers! And I was so excited because finally I finally managed to get some kids on the honor roll!

Chapter 35 - Making Mama Proud
Chapter 36 - Kids Running Amok
Chapter 37 - We're Outta Here!
Chapter 38 - Stealing My Man!
Chapter 39 - Aw, Thank you Repowoman!
Chapter 40 - Creepy Stalker

Bad news is that Teagan is totally winning! Lol. Right now, Shannon is dragging behind. She's not as cold-hearted as Teagan, I guess!

Teagan - 17 (3 moved out)
Shannon - 12 (5 moved out)
Field Researcher
#1057 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Felias
I haven't played The Sims since... 5? 6 years? I started again just yesterday and all the memories it gave to me were so wonderful! In just one day, my couple of sims growed up since young adult to old men and had 2 children. Thinking about goals to make the game a little bit more entertaining, I found this topic and could be a nice way to play.

A little suggestion; in the rules you don't mention at all the changing of lapse between ages... Must we play the game with "default" times of aging? Because if you change it to the maximun duration, a sim could live over 300 days (further that) and have, maybe, those 100 kids in only 1 generation. I think this must be done with default times I believe?

Thanks and I will try this for sure! :D

I'm playing with the default time set to EPIC. I'm hoping my original twin sisters can have all 100 babies. I only age up the kids when they get an A on the honor roll (or if they naturally age.. whichever comes first).
Field Researcher
#1058 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 4:00 PM

Chapter 41 - A Sympathetic Pee-er

Chapter 42 - Mother's Work is Never Done!

Chapter 43 - Don't Step on the Baby!

Chapter 44 - An Inability to Perform...

Score: Doh! Shannon needs to get some more kids! She's struggling to seal the deal! She's too nice!
Teagan - 20 (5 kids moved out)
Shannon - 14 (3 kids moved out)
Test Subject
#1059 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 9:14 PM
Instead of doing 100 babies I just have her have kids until shes an elder
Test Subject
#1060 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 8:08 PM
Are you allowed to make a non family member sim a roommate?
One of my sim's ex's has commitment issues just like her and they have a lot in common, they've become good friends and I want them to become roomies, but if it's not allowed that's alright.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1061 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mr.Quiver
Are you allowed to make a non family member sim a roommate?
One of my sim's ex's has commitment issues just like her and they have a lot in common, they've become good friends and I want them to become roomies, but if it's not allowed that's alright.

It's not "allowed" per the rules because it would make it easier on your sim having 2 adults to help raise the kids. But like I've said, please play in a way that you'll enjoy!

Scholar
#1062 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 10:31 PM
I started this challenge - a previous run had to be cancelled, because the second child ended up glitched.
In the picture, you can see my founder Kim Park, whose first pregnancy resulted in twins! (She wanted a girl, had 5.000 happiness points before giving birth, gave birth to a girl and got 5.000 more, I got her Fertility Treatment and there was a second child! ...that might have caused it?) The two girls are by Will Monday and are called Fiona (black hair, taught to talk by Kim) and Ines (brown hair); they have their mom and dad's eyecolor, respectively. Vice-vera on hair.

You can also see the severely modest home I gave her as a start. Quite a shock to get twins; when the Homemaker grant comes in at midnight, I'll still only have money for one crib...
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#1063 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 10:26 AM
I've got my 100 baby challenge to late winter in the year of 1551 and they've had non-stop blizzards all winter long.I had to install a Mod to stop automatic school assignments because it would look very authentic for 16th or 17th century children from modest means to be attending school because the game just enrolled them.They have to learn as many skills as they can before aging up as they don't go to school if the town's too small to have one or if they come from a less wealthy family.Everybody in town should start expanding their houses again once the snow has melted and it's past early spring.
Test Subject
#1064 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 10:52 PM
I have decided to start this challenge So far I have 10 kids, with one/two/three on the way. I am doing it differently. I have quite a few mods so I guess I am cheating. I don't know, I am not a traditional player at all. I have been using random generators for my kid's names, so...They're all a bit funky. Lol.
Test Subject
#1065 Old 23rd Dec 2016 at 4:49 PM
Would you count singer,acrobat,magician as a job?
Mad Poster
#1066 Old 24th Dec 2016 at 6:23 AM
Storybrook just entered the new year and it's now 1552.My families ad to delay adding to their houses because it's been raining too heavily for most of early spring though they hope that's over soon and that they'll be able to start building.
Scholar
#1067 Old 24th Dec 2016 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xAlphaWolfx
Would you count singer,acrobat,magician as a job?

Might be a personal thing; I think that the Professions or the Self-Employed ones do not count. Mostly because self-employment doesn't matter about Maternity Leave. I'm not too sure about the Showtime ones; do you get gigs and such while pregnant?
Scholar
#1068 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 4:01 PM
Victoria Evans got pregnant during her to-Young-Adult birthday party by her romantic interest since teenyears, Maximus McDermott. The pregnancy went well overall, though I had to reset the Greetings Card thing at the Winter Festival midway through - in there for almost three sim-hours and she wasn't done. I think I overdid it with the kids music + dancing to it, cause she ended up having triplets! It's quite interesting that all of her kids have different hair- and eyecolors, yet none of them directly inherited their father's ginger hair. Victoria is a gray-eyed, dark brunette... quite weird genetics that Sims has going on.

So, baby 1 through 3 are...
1st Born: Chloe (Clumsy + Slob - blonde hair and purple eyes!)
2nd Born: Charlie (Brave + Couch Potato - lightbrown hair and green eyes)
3rd Born: Chandler (Clumsy + Loves The Outdoors - darkbrown hair and darkgreen eyes)

Poor Victoria... triplets with no help; this'll be hell. Poor me!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#1069 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 2:12 PM
I also started this challenge a few weeks back.
So far it seems to be alot of fun. :D
http://sim--salabim.tumblr.com/100smithbabies
Test Subject
#1070 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 11:42 AM
Has anyone ever finished this challenge? Just me? ok
Test Subject
#1071 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleJane
I also started this challenge a few weeks back.
So far it seems to be alot of fun. :D
http://sim--salabim.tumblr.com/100smithbabies

Where Is her hair from? Sorry for double posting rip
Scholar
#1072 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 1:10 PM
My latest attempt at 100 Baby has Natalia Woods give it a shot. So far, she has 7 children and just turned from Young Adult to Adult and is pregnant with Goodwin Goode's offspring. Three children, two toddlers and two YA offspring are in the house right now, with the two YA likely remaining for a while still. Her firstborn, Zoe Woods, has Justin Kayes as her father and she obviously took after him a lot. Quite an interesting face, though her very broad nosebridge looked off a lot of the times, but I got used to it. When she turned YA, though, I decided to give her just a little bit of rhinoplasty.

Her secondborn, Tyler Woods, was fathered by Rich Wheloff and took after him,too, and I'm pleased that, when he turned into a teen and YA, I barely had to do anything. The hair and clothes picked were pretty cool.

I'll show off more toddler-to-YA pictures, once they are old enough. Somehow, my current triplets (Victoria, Viola and Vanessa) ended up with two on honor roll, but one is lagging behind by a day. And it'll take two days to age them up early, because tomorrow is Love Day...
Screenshots
Test Subject
#1073 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zahrra
Where Is her hair from? Sorry for double posting rip

https://www.thesimsresource.com/art...ory/sims3-hair/
Scholar
#1074 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 9:41 PM
Freaking finally! Currently at 14 Offspring, with Natalia pregnant again.
But what I'm finally-ing about is that her first set of triplets has finally managed to get to YA, which means I can move them out... well, once I reload my game with Nraas Mover installed. I didn't know I needed that... Oops. Their father was DeAndre Monte (or something, he already died in my game - he was an Elder when she met him) and I have to say, I'm glad the RNG traits were for them and not my heir. Technophobe, Dislikes Children, Mean Spirited are what they got for their YA trait - and one of them had Mean Spirited since Teen. Urgh...

But it was annoying. Viola did not get Honor Roll like her triplet-sisters because of she was freaking sick, took too long to head for the bus and was then deemed to have stayed at home due to illness. On a Friday. So, yay, I got to drag two teens through a weekend I could've had them gone. At least they helped in taking care of the latest triplets.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#1075 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 7:37 PM
I started it myself two days ago, second attempt ever at storytelling a challenge. I have mixed feelings about this...
It's fun, but oh so very tiring. Who knew making (and raising!) a hundred babies would be so cumbersome? :V

To spice things up, I made my founder a werewolf (their lifespan is only slightly longer than humans), it made more sense to me as the "why" my founder goes through this challenge...

https://wolfmothersims.wordpress.com/

Currently I'm only 5 out of 100.
Definitely should figure out how to write shorter chapters, or my free wordpress storage won't be enough...
Page 43 of 46