Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2009 at 1:04 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 13th May 2009 at 11:59 PM.
Default Upcoming Change: Merging MTS and SC (Update Your SC Details!)
If you're a Sims Community member, you may have already read the thread there regarding the proposed merging of the two forums into one. If you haven't already read it, please go and do so now, at least the first post. We'll wait...

(elevator music)

(*taps foot, yawns, eats a sammich*)

(more elevator music)

Oh, hey, you're back.

Okay, so... makes sense, doesn't it? There are a lot of cool features that we can offer here at MTS that we can't at SC, including some neato new ones that we'll be rolling out soon that the MTS users haven't seen yet.

The main reason for this post is to remind MTS users that if you have a SC account that you would like merged with your MTS account, please be sure to log into it, and make sure your email address is correct. If not, please make sure to change your email to the correct address and re-activate your account (you'll get an activation email sent to the email you changed it to). This will help ensure that your SC account gets merged with your MTS account properly.

For more info on exactly what will happen with usernames, see this post.

And just as a note for those of you who may not be interested in social forums, remember, you can always filter whatever forums you don't want to see showing up in New Posts and your myMTS2 display by editing your forum subscriptions.

More information regarding the merger will be upcoming as we know exactly how/when/etc. - we'll keep you posted on anything you need to know. We do anticipate some downtime when the forums are merged (necessary for such a big change) but we will try to make it as quick and painless as we can for everyone.

Edit: You may notice that some of the SC forums are being added to MTS if you look at the forum list. This is mainly just preparatory so we can get them set up - you can't post in them yet. Hopefully that's not too confusing.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
5 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 12th May 2009 at 1:48 PM
I'm not sure I wanted to know that I was stiff, stuffy, snarky and asocial ...
... nonetheless, I'll help roll out the welcoming keg, and bake some cookies for the warm tea group. (What kind of cookies go good with both beer and tea?)

Actually, I've always thought the division was sort of strange (yes, I understand why it was a good idea at the time) -- as you point out, we are all one community.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
#3 Old 12th May 2009 at 1:53 PM
Awesome , thanks!

Everything I do, All Glory will GO TO GOD! All the praises Goes to the Lord on High!
I don't want to gain the whole world and loose my Soul!
MOAVGproductions Youtube channel, subscribe to it!
MOAVGproductions blog/site
Official Facebook page, like it!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 12th May 2009 at 3:39 PM
Hmm..wonder if I will still be able to post on MTS2 after the merger? I have been a member of SC for years and have never been able to post. I sent email to the contact info and never received a response so finally just gave up. I sure hope this doesn't mess up my MTS2 account.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 12th May 2009 at 4:00 PM
i think its an awesome idea! i love both sites and would love to see more of a connection between the two communities
Instructor
#6 Old 12th May 2009 at 4:19 PM
I like the idea very much. There were times when I was just one step away from signing up for the SC but in fact I just checked the site out when there were special discussions.

Now I can also take part in them without having to remember one more password [and I don't want to use the same password on different pages for some reasons...].
What just happend?
retired moderator
#7 Old 12th May 2009 at 4:25 PM
rian90, did you read this?

Life is for LIVING so, LIVE it and have Fun

Please use "spell check" when posting!!!
Prejudice is the child of ignorance.
Typical
#8 Old 12th May 2009 at 6:08 PM
Hey great idea!! I wanted to be a member over there but I couldn't join 'cause of my e-mail. Thanks.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th May 2009 at 6:16 PM
bluetexasbonnie - I didn't mean anyone in particular with that. You've always been very nice. It's not a universal thing, and it's not all the time. It can just get a little stuffy over here - having an area that's just about playing with pixel dollies might help a bit with that.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 12th May 2009 at 6:26 PM
I didn't really take it as a personal comment, and certainly didn't think you meant it as that. I was trying to be humourous in my own stuffy, snarky way.

(hmm... maybe I really do need some mentoring.)

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Wiki Wizard
#11 Old 12th May 2009 at 6:40 PM
Ooh this sounds cool, i have never been at SC because it is such effort, but now it is easy i will be in the forums having a good chat! lol

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Scholar
#12 Old 12th May 2009 at 7:21 PM
oo this sounds epic
ust one question:

here i am sim~obsessor.
at the forums im Night Racer
could it be possible to re-name my MTS account to Night Racer and then merge them together?

at the time when i chose sim~obsessor as my account name i was tired and was somwhat carless as to what i chose...but now this is the only site/forum im part of where im NOT Night Racer...

other than that.. ithink this iea is the best ive herd for the site in a while.
(PS: when will the new site desighn theme be announced/set?)
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 12th May 2009 at 8:50 PM
I like this idea a lot!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 12th May 2009 at 9:47 PM
Yeah, I agree with the idea. I'm a member on both forums and visit both daily. This will just make it a little easier for me...thumbs up!!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 12th May 2009 at 9:57 PM
Thank you very much for the info

Pierre
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#16 Old 12th May 2009 at 9:56 PM
sim~obsessor, it's probably easiest if you wait until after the site merge, and then request an account merge under the name you want.

The existing themes will be retained, and the SC ones added - a few SC features will be added here and there, but none of that is finalised yet.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Alchemist
#17 Old 12th May 2009 at 11:39 PM
I like the idea, but on SC I have an account and have not been able to post. I've never gotten the activation email... will that affect what I do on here?
Test Subject
#18 Old 13th May 2009 at 4:13 AM
Sounds good. No more divisions. Sounds like progress to me. *cookies for everyone*
Field Researcher
#19 Old 13th May 2009 at 5:17 AM
I want my name in red

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Test Subject
#20 Old 13th May 2009 at 6:07 AM
The Ravelry thing was cute.

I think this is a great idea! Hopefully it'll get the people who spend all their time making CC to play and getting the people who play's talent making CC.

Plus I'm too lazy to get a separate SC account.

Siggy
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#21 Old 13th May 2009 at 7:56 AM
bbc100, Only Admins get red names, and you certainly dont qualify.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 13th May 2009 at 9:27 AM
Do I qualify, Delphy? :p

Just kidding. Like I said on S-C, I'm all for the idea. I've always found that MTS wasn't as cheery as S-C.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Test Subject
#23 Old 13th May 2009 at 12:06 PM
This is a GREAT idea! I've never been motivated to sign up for SC (my inherent laziness rears it's ugly head), so this will be a welcome change. And I'm really looking forward to the "help" features being made more user friendly, as well as MTS2 being friendlier in general. Haha, maybe I can even get help in making myself a cool avatar and stuff! I will be sad when everything is down while the merger takes place, but I have complete faith in the admin/staff to make sure everything is up and running smoothly in time for TS3. Because, as everyone knows, you guys ROCK! As a geologist, I would know!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 13th May 2009 at 12:42 PM
I'm all for it!

I have never bean on SC myself, I hope its friendlier then the Sims 2 site Forum.

They get really Bullish there.

And they don't like new comers ether, their like rabid dogs, they attack at the smell of new blood.LOL.

Be A Leader Not A Follower, Live Outside The Box!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 13th May 2009 at 1:07 PM
Hmm. I can't get into my SC account (the email address I used to sign up is forever deleted) I'd like to merge it into my MTS2 account. What can I do?

You can have as much dust as you like because it's got no calories!
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: Merge complete
Page 1 of 2