Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#17851 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 6:42 PM
Is the triplets and quads mod compatible with Insimenator?

My Simblr
He/They
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#17852 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 7:01 PM
Is this normal, that a child would not be family-related to...the wife of her mom's brother? I thought that counted as "aunt" as well..0_o

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#17853 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 7:51 PM
I don't know about Sims, but I do know it doesn't count as that, everywhere. I certainly don't count my aunts spouses as my uncles, they are just my aunts husbands. The exception of this rule is aunt who married an englishman. He's considered uncle, because I think he'd be terribly offended if I didn't, and he's my favorite so I make allowances :P
Mad Poster
#17854 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 7:58 PM
In my experience, aunts and uncles by marriage don't get family tags, but are in Family Kiss territory rather than flirt territory most of the time. Not sure where the difference lies.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#17855 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 9:38 PM
As a child, spouses of aunties and uncles were also called uncles and aunties. I think that's normal English usage. I don't recall kissing any of them, but if I had done I think it would have been a "family kiss". (My family wasn't nearly as keen on kissing as my Sims are! ) Close family friends were also often known to us children as Aunty and Uncle. Of course as I grew older aunties sometimes changed into aunts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update on the Newsons (a family remarkably devoid of aunts and uncles). I opened all the Sims that marka93 gave me and cloned them all in Body Shop, producing much smaller packages. I checked all their clothes and hair and they all appeared to be base game, apart from Ginger's top and Gavin's outfit. In both cases the clothes I've got are remarkably similar to their AL clothes. Next step is to make them into a family in CAS, add a temporary "parent" to get them out of CAS, and import them into Veronaville. I'm looking forward to playing them. Thanks again marka93 for extracting them for me.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#17856 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 10:52 PM
Is there any particular trick to making base game accept custom content? I want to run bodyshop on my laptop while I run SimPE on my main (since they won't run at once >_>) so I installed my spare copy on the laptop, but it won't show any of the hairs I installed. I thought I just had to run game and enable it, but things are rather different than my usual game and I haven't played just BG in years and years, so.

I've told it to show custom catalog content, but when I re-open the game it's back to off, and there is no option to make it not ask (nor does it ask me). How does one enable CC in BG?

Also, would changing the resolution on the laptop affect game size? Currently it's only showing 3 hair styles at a time in bodyshop, and I'd like it to fit at least four. I assume it's because the game is perceiving the screen as rather small.
Theorist
#17857 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 11:29 PM
You have to tell the game to show custom catalog content, but it won't "take" unless you open a lot and save the game while inside the lot. You don't have to do anything while you're there, make any changes, play anyone -- just save. Then quit, and when you boot up the game again, hey presto! No asking and nice shiny cc!

I find this step is necessary in all game configurations, not just base game. YMMV.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#17858 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 11:37 PM
That's what I thought, and that's what I did. But nope. It still won't show squat. I figured hair would only need BG, as long as it's a custom mesh, but it's fighting me.

I decided to just bite the sour apple and install UC. Hopefully my laptop won't explode if I limit it to bodyshop, and uninstall once I'm done.
Scholar
#17859 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 4:23 AM
It's mindblowing how quickly this thread moves lol...I've got A LOT of reading to catch up on.

I've found one of my lots is crashing the game everytime I go into live mode. I can play around in the buy/build but the second it goes live, I get "application has crashed". So I've gone in & stuck just about everything I felt important into Jasper's inventory & was going to just move them out & back in again. My question is: there is a NPC gardener on the lot, if I move the family out how will that affect her?
Mad Poster
#17860 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 4:41 AM
Hummm...since you can go into build mode no problem...why not use moveobjects on, and delete her prior to moving your family out?
Just an idea...

Mad Poster
#17861 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 4:45 AM
I'd back up before you do anything. Personally, I wouldn't bring any items, as those may be what causes the problem to begin with (and we know that some items don't enjoy being transferred, and that items can easily glitch when transferred between lots). I'd take screenshots, and replicate the things on the new lot if possible. But, you should do what you see best. Just make sure you can go back, if necessary
Scholar
#17862 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 2:22 PM
I'll back up before the only items I grabbed were the portraits & photographs of the sims. When a household moves they lose any pictures from the lot story album, dont they?
Mad Poster
#17863 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 2:56 PM
No, the story album is attached to the household, not to the lot.

If you look in the Storytelling folder, you'll see that each file in it is named according to the protocol: snapshot/thumbnail/webentry_randomalphanumeric_randomalphanumeric. The first random alphanumeric is the identifier for that household. An individual moving out leaves the household and gets his own random alphanumeric identifier; an individual invited to move in leaves his old identifier behind; an entire household moving at the same time, as a unit, and not joining another household, keeps its identifier and, therefore, its album.

There's a + tab in the organization panel of the album, which gives you access to all the pictures in the neighborhood. If you move one of those pictures into the album of another household, the picture is copied, and the new copy has the identifier of the household it's been added to, so that the webentry file (the actual arranged album) can recognize and incorporate it.

Pictures painted on the lot are attached to the lot and may be lost in transit, which might be what you're thinking of.

The basegame story album worked differently than later versions, and I'm not sure at what point the change kicked in; but that's how it works for most EPs.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#17864 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 3:15 PM
Thank you Peni!! Thats bit of a relief. I was going to play it as thou they were flooded out or something, but couldn't bear the idea that they lost all the family photos.
Instructor
#17865 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 7:28 PM
How is the best and easiest way to make a new custom hood without any townies?
the NoTownieRegen from MATY just means that once they die they dont recreate themselves right?

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Mad Poster
#17866 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 7:42 PM
If all you want is to suppress the Pleasantview townies that otherwise go into any hood, you can use Any Game Starter, use it to make neighborhood with "no Maxis content," and then transfer the folder to your full game.

If you want to get rid of the AL social group townies, strays, and the hobby people, those stealth hoods may load when transferred to your full game. (AGS does not suppress the Freetime stealth hood properly at all.) It may be most efficient to suppress the stealth neighborhoods, as described here: http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/123004.html

Instructor
#17867 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 4:31 AM
Is it safe to delete downtown even with no one living there?
my concern is the Gothier Green community lot cemetery over there with the Ttricou's tombstone, wont that delete the character files?
If i have to put the lot in my lot bin, and place it in my main hood is that safe to do?
or is it alright to just remove on the subhood

Mad Poster
#17868 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 5:21 AM
Send the graves elsewhere, or they will be deleted and the hood will be broken. Do not put the lot into the lot bin for the same reason - putting a lot into the lot bin removes it from the neighborhood, which removes the characters attached to the tombstone from the neighborhood, which breaks the neighborhood.

You'll have to either resurrect the Tricous or move their graves to the main hood or to another subhood. I am not sure you can move a grave from a community graveyard with the usual "move grave" function, but you should be able to summon the deceased to an inhabited lot with a teleporter, spawn the grave, and move them that way. Or you can have someone buy Gothier Green Lawns long enough to move the graves, then sell it again. Don't forget the Tricou graves at the House of Fallen Trees, either.

Do not delete downtown while anyone owns any community lots there, either. Clean it out!

Mad Poster
#17869 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 5:24 AM
I KNEW..Peni would come and save the day...( and give better detailed/accurate answer )
Here, maybe this mod could help...
Precision, because not mentioned in the description tab, you'll also get the option to "move this grave to..." on each gaves, so just send a sim on Gothier green lawns.
The only thing I am not sure of, because i never did this, and because I didn't use a Downtown since..years? can you even select a lot that's found outside Downtown? like in the main hood for instance?
if yes, then this can be used.

Instructor
#17870 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 5:32 AM
Thank You Sooo much Peni
You have been really helpful today :D
Thank you Rosebine for that mod too

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17871 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 5:51 AM
If a change the genetic value of a skin in SimPE from 0.25 to 0.10 it should less likely to show up, is the correct? Every baby but two in my new hood has been born with a freckled genetizized skin so I want to lower the odds.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#17872 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 6:28 AM
no, you will just make the game think it's a lighter color
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17873 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 6:55 AM
But isn't a lighter colour going to show up less? What should I do to it?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#17874 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 7:17 AM Last edited by wert700 : 22nd Nov 2014 at 8:13 AM.
well i guess it would show up less based on the skin color of the parents. 0.10 is the same level of the lightest of the four skins main skins. so Skin1 - 0.10, Skin2 - 0.30, Skin3 - 0.60, and Skin4 - 0.90. so where it is now at 0.25 is between the first skin and the second one. if you make it lighter to .10 you will make it not show up if the parents have darker skin than .11 but then it might show up if two sims with skins at .10 could have a darker skinned child if they get the skin that was originally at .25.

I hope that made sense i'm kind of tired lol

also darker skins aren't more dominant over lighter skins or vise versa the game just uses like the range, like if you had a sim with S1 and a sim with S4 the there is an equal amount of chance to get any skin tone that falls in between those numbers 0.10 and 0.90.

anyway i don't think you should change it. um the best thing to do would probably get more genetizized skins so the game has more of a variety of skins use, so you will less likely get the same ones all the time.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17875 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 7:57 AM
I already changed it when I said I made it 0.10 I'll see how it goes.

~Call me Jo~
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 715 of 1000