Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#501 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 2:45 AM
Sneak peak of a lot I just submitted for upload. I had it built for months but only set the time aside to upload it today.

Screenshots

Check out my simblr. I just started. :)
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#502 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 12:19 PM
Love those little bird boxes @ekrubynaffit.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#503 Old 20th Oct 2015 at 10:01 PM

I had this image in my head of trying to create an apartment unit where there were quaint little shops on the first floor, and charming apartment units on the other floors. I like to think it turned out quite well! (There is actually a massive willow tree in front of the apartments, but I removed it to capture more of the building that would otherwise be hidden!)

Check out my building creations!
Mad Poster
#504 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 3:54 PM
Rebuild of House of Fallen Trees, the family home of the Tricous teens. Mostly changed inside layout (the entry was ugly and awkward), and the exterior entry. Left that whack cellar with the 2 vamp coffins alone (what IS it, 4 stories deep!?)

Made some changes to the porches - mostly not usable, but adds to the Gothic look.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
#505 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 2:06 AM
ekrubynaffit Simply looOove your house!
Alchemist
#506 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 10:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rafael!
ekrubynaffit Simply looOove your house!

Thankyou Rafael, one day it will be available for DL, when I get round to finishing it, still in the same state!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Field Researcher
#507 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 6:25 PM
ekrubynaffit Yes that would be nice.
Forum Resident
#508 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 4:29 AM Last edited by Ather : 16th Nov 2015 at 6:37 AM.

I'm slowly but surely building up my 'hood! Here's Central Plaza, this park thingy I built across from the library*.

Here's the library* in question.

EDIT*: D'ohhhh. I should stop writing things at night. It's not a library, silly me, it's a museum! Durrrrr!

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Scholar
#509 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 5:07 AM
Awesome lots Ather. I like the modern but old style of the building. I find that look hard to pull off.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Forum Resident
#510 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 6:03 AM
Oh, thank you, dear Space Pony! @Snufflepaws

Even though my 'hood is supposed to be in the North-West of Simaginary Simerica (how many times can I shove the word "Sim" into unsuspecting words? Hm...), it's actually starting to look a lot like New York. Which ain't bad to say the least. Your "old but modern" thing hit the nail on the head as to what I was liking about it. Thanks for that! Now I know what feel I want my 'hood to have all throughout.

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Forum Resident
#511 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 6:19 AM
Sorry for the double post, but I built some more for my 'hood. I hope it's okay!

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#512 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ather
Oh, by the way. Does the phone booth look dumb? I'm not really sure if I like the cover I built for it. Might get rid of it, now that I think of it. Idunno. Opinions?

Those are looking good. I do something similar with phone booths though I don't put windows all round, just at the sides. I'm poking about to see if I can find a picture or two - oh here:
Carping Magna Central Square

and the station:

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Forum Resident
#513 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 5:58 PM
Thanks, Maxon. I think I'll play around with it - I like how you used those shop windows instead of the big modern ones.

Forum Resident
#514 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 2:13 AM
One in a series of houses I have been building.

Forum Resident
#515 Old 28th Feb 2016 at 9:59 PM
The new park I have just spent the last two days building/putting together. I assume this is the right thread since it's landscaping.

Test Subject
#516 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 8:56 PM
Point Laurel Lighthouse

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#517 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 2:15 PM
Discovering Jodeliejodelie's (http://jodeliejodelie.tumblr.com/) beautiful Maxis lot makeovers has rekindled my attention to decorating. When I first found her simblr I downloaded every furnished lot in my enthusiasm, but unfortunately my game did not appreciate the massive increase in CC and I kept getting frequent crashes. So I had to remove most and be more picky. I'm currently only playing Strangetown and focused on that hood. Anyway, Jodelie turned the Beaker castle into a modern mansion, and while I really liked the furnishings she chose I realize I found it a shame to completely get rid of the old castle look. So I made over the house myself, using a combination of modern furniture Jodelie used in her version and old floors, walls, etc. I admit I'm very proud of the result, even if it's not 100% my own.

More under the spoiler tag.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#518 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 7:24 PM Last edited by maxon : 5th Mar 2016 at 7:36 PM.
Default Adele's New Place
In my efforts to start to try and get Polgannon's solution done (busy, busy, BUSY at work), I started by moving Adele out of the Manor. She did very well out of Blaise's death. She's making a new movie which she has been able to afford to produce herself and isn't in Polgannon so much these days but she was also able to build herself a new home. She went for a very modern style and built this monstrosity at the top of the cliff overlooking the sea. She still has to get the landscape architects in, obviously, but she's fairly pleased with the result.

I kept it simple in plan. This the lower floor - lounge area to the right, dining and entrance in the middle and kitchen to the left.

Upper floor, left to right: bathroom, guest room, Nanny's room, Oliver's nursery and Adele's own bedroom with tacky heart-shaped bed and ensuite bath:

Naturally, one of the first things she did was hire a live-in Nanny. Adele doesn't do childcare. Nanny disapproves of all the pale wood floors and white carpeting. Not a good combination with a messy little boy in her opinion.

Some interior shots under the spoiler

Field Researcher
#519 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 10:04 PM
In prepping for another chapter, I'm running into crashing problems taking shots in one lot in particular. It's a beach lot with views overlooking a center island full of urban development and lights. I need a very large view out over the water. I can't get that view now because the lot crashes when I use it, and I can't easily avoid looking out the back of the house. So after getting 2 shots then crash, 2 more shots crash again, over and over, I started looking for something to disguise the damned view so I don't have to use the extra large view. Like a giant wave. I couldn't find a giant wave but I found the fog created by Sophie-David. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=500080

I think that's going to do it and nobody drowns in the process.

THANK YOU!!

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#520 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 10:22 PM
Oh I love those atmosphere mods. I use them for photies all the time. The fog one's great - it seems to come in waves.

Field Researcher
#521 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Oh I love those atmosphere mods. I use them for photies all the time. The fog one's great - it seems to come in waves.
It definitely does! I'm just getting used to them. The fog surges and slides around the columns like liquid - it's really beautiful. I combined the fog with the medium/low clouds and it was so thick I couldn't see through it at all - wonderful stuff!
Field Researcher
#522 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 9:32 PM
Recently I've begun a project of making over my vacation hoods. I began with Twikkii Island, and today I was working on Three Lakes. Improving the functionality of the lots is definitely a big part of it, but I've found that the landscaping makes the biggest overall difference to how it looks, and to it feeling more realistic! Today I did the Smooth Rock Spa and I am sooooo proud of how it came out! Here are a few shots that really highlight the landscaping.

Forum Resident
#523 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 2:43 PM Last edited by AliaD85 : 20th Jul 2017 at 5:47 PM.
So I have a small growing addiction to tiny house trailers. I just think they're absolutely amazing! So I wanted to build one. The problem was trying to get a functional loft inside when I have a foundation already. No tutorial I've seen tells you how to do a loft or attic with a foundation already down. So I decided to experiment.

Miracles do come true! Many thanks to Mustluvcatz and her mini house kit!
Screenshots

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Forum Resident
#525 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 4:46 PM Last edited by AliaD85 : 18th Jun 2016 at 11:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
I don't see a refrigerator. Does your Sim go to a community lot and eat like a hobo?

Nope! There is a fridge, counter, stove and sink! It's right before the bathroom, but it's really hard trying to take a decent picture of it!

EDIT: Here are the additional pics! (I'm working on taking better pictures.)
Screenshots

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Page 21 of 39