Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

AnyGameStarter v. 2.1.3 (for CD/DVD games) * UPD 29 Dec 2017

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2007 at 9:41 AM - Updated 28th Dec 2017 at 11:28 PM by Numenor

516 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 473 Feedback Posts, 42 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 19 of 21
Test Subject
#451 Old 12th Jul 2013 at 2:12 AM
Do you think there is any possible way that someone can make one of these for people who have, Fun with pets, University life, Best of Business? Because i would really love one, but if not that is ok too.
Test Subject
#452 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 6:52 AM Last edited by Elva94 : 26th Jul 2013 at 1:14 PM.
I need help ! (always try and keep a smile, even when panicked)

Right, so, I own a Compaq laptop, running on Windows Vista 32… My laptop is slow, old and overheats, but it runs the sims 2 ok. I’ve encountered glitches and bugs before, but they were mainly due to the Insiminator that I used to use.
However, over a month ago, I decieded to back up my files and re-install my computer. All went fine. I re-installed my sims 2 games (I have all EPs and HM fashion, Celebration Stuff and the 2006 Christmas Stuff packs.) I don’t have any patches du to the fact that I keep installing my games.
I’ve been re-installing my games for ages because of frequent bugs.
But I decieded to re-start my game from scratch ! (I’m teling you all this to get a general idea… Who knows, this might explain every thing).
BEFORE re-installing my laptop, I had a new, clean game with few downloads. I backed up my files, re-intalled laptop and games, and re-placed all my saved games (one Neighboorhod…)
All worked fine, until today, when I decieded to re-install the AGS. It had worked fine before hand.
After re-installing it, putting all my back-ups back into the files… I decieded to play my actual game. And there, I discovered that my Neighboorhood had vanished, and had been replaced by the one I had created with AGS !!
The Neighboorhood was the Free Time one, but I had added many suburbs (two business areas, a town center, a university) and many families.

I don’t really know what happened.

I’ve tried using the Inspector File Recovery, but it found NO deleted files (although I deleted lots on the AGS game…) It was my last hope.
So now, I’ve just got to hope you can help… If not… well, it’s not the first time I’ve lost everything (although those other times are due to bad file management, and I just can’t find them on my external hard-drive). I can get over it, I guess...
I’ve done a lot of exploring, and in my main game folders, I still have the downloads. But my neighborhood was replaced by this new one from the AGS.

I am almost 100% sure that when launching my my 1st AGS game (on slot 3, for some reason), it launched a game with one town (I cant remember which one) which I deleted, seeing as I was in the AGS game, and replaced with a "CAS" town... (that is the odd bit since the AG I had created did not have seasons, when the neighbouhood I use on my Base Game is the Seasons one...)

So, I hope you read this and help me out...

I can't find the AGSinstaller_Log.txt but I've .zip-ped the AppFiles...

Thank you so much for the help you may (or may not) provide !
Attached files:
File Type: zip  AppFiles_Elva.zip (506.1 KB, 11 downloads)
Site Helper
#453 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 5:20 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 26th Jul 2013 at 5:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MatthewIDI
I know this was a long time ago, but does this work on Windows 7 Home Premiuim 64bit?
Please look back to post # 449. I believe that it may not work out of the box, but that you can make some changes and get it working. I can help you with that, but please read my research thread first. It's important to backup your system registry before you install the AGS, so that we can fix any problems.

Quote: Originally posted by dragonheart1999
Do you think there is any possible way that someone can make one of these for people who have, Fun with pets, University life, Best of Business? Because i would really love one, but if not that is ok too.
Yes, it's possible. We just need to find a programmer with enough free time to do it. Since we understand the mechanism, but Numenor never shared his source code, the AGS basically needs to be rewritten from scratch.

Quote: Originally posted by Elva94
I need help !
I'm going to continue trying to help you in your existing help thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=508681
Test Subject
#454 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 4:03 PM
I first used the installer perfectly, nothing wrong with it. I created a game, it ran fine. Today, I tried to create another game today and I got this message.

"The item 'AnyGameStarter_Setup.exe.' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly.

Do you want to delete this shortcut?

[Yes] [No]"

I tried downloading the AnyGameStarter from ModTheSims again, but this didn't fix it, the same message came up. The game I first created still works.

What can I do?
Test Subject
#455 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 9:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Yes, it's possible. We just need to find a programmer with enough free time to do it. Since we understand the mechanism, but Numenor never shared his source code, the AGS basically needs to be rewritten from scratch.

well i have a lot of free time but i am not very good with codes and stuff, but my dad is a computer game programmer that works with codes often, maybe i can ask him.
Banned
THANKS POST
#456 Old 25th Sep 2013 at 11:06 PM
thanks for making
Banned
THANKS POST
#457 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 7:05 PM
yeah my pc crashed bad and and all game files were erased. i wish a better way to make cas w/o sims freezing. fix ags please.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#458 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 7:32 AM Last edited by Just_Tweens : 3rd Jan 2014 at 3:46 AM.
i ALWAYS! use it for testing and fun it is so much fun to see what it was like with just the base game installed cuz i started with sims 2 double deluxe shh don't tell anyone since i got sims 2 double deluxe the only sims 2 games i have bought since then is glamour life and H&M

EDIT:

lol?

i also have UNI and OFB
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#459 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 7:09 AM
*head imploded*
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#460 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 7:33 AM
Hi, does a version of this program exist for those who only have Origin games? I mean I have installed my Sims 2 from Origin and I'd like to use this Any Game Starter: does anyone think it's possible anyway? Thanks for answering! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#461 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 4:03 AM
apparently the hidcon file is deleted or moved so i re-install AGS and it still dosen't work! HELP! please! i really wanna play AGS
Test Subject
#462 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 8:55 PM
I'm getting the error message saying it couldn't find my FullGame.id file in my folder. But I checked and it's there! I've tried renaming it, and shifting about everything but nothing works! Help!
Lab Assistant
#463 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 3:08 PM
Every so often I get a pop up asking if I want the program to make changes to my registry I constantly say yes but it's always popping up and getting rather annoying to where I'm thinking about uninstalling the program.
Test Subject
#464 Old 15th May 2014 at 2:55 AM
Oops I Accidentally post this as a Thanks. But what I'm trying to say when I first Installed this It removed Sims 2 Best of Business Collection.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#465 Old 18th May 2014 at 9:59 PM
When I ask it to create a blank game, I still get the default characters and neighborhoods and stuff. :/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#466 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 8:33 PM
Thank you ! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#467 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 2:42 AM
There is something wrong in your save-game folders: AnyGameStarter can't
find your "full" game folder. It should be located in:
C:\Users\MUZIEK~1\DOCUME~1\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection
and it should contain, along with all your downloads and neighborhoods,
a small file named "FullGame.id"; but AnyGameStarter can't find this file.
Lab Assistant
#468 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 6:00 AM
does this work with ultimate collection?

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Test Subject
#469 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Just_Tweens
does this work with ultimate collection?

Apparently Nysha (admin on ModTheSims) says it doesn't. If this is the case (I haven't tried it myself), this should be updated one last time to have it run on Ultimate Collection.

Nysha's UC Thread:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...5#startcomments
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#470 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 5:22 PM
Updated first post with huge message in red.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Top Secret Researcher
#471 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 5:31 PM
I have all EP's and SP's and this works great with windows Vista.
But on my other laptop I have Windows 8.1 where it doesn't work that good. I works fine about the SP's I indicate, but when I only indicate e.g. Free Time then all the EP's are there as well. It can't exclude any EP.
Also my original game is English (I speak Dutch, but like the game in English), so I indicate UK English for the anygamestarter (it says the original is in Dutch while that should be English) and the language appears to be Dutch when I play the anygame.
Can this be fixed for people who use this with Windows 8.1?
So excluding EP's and choosing another language

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#472 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 4:12 PM
I'd love to play The Sims 2 !! Thanks !! :)
Lab Assistant
#473 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 10:01 PM
I have a quick question...

I downloaded this mod and wanted to play in windowed mode. However even though I selected the highest resolution the window is small on my large screen. My default monitor resolution is 1920x1080 but my non-anygamestarter game default resolution is 1600x1200. I play my regular game in windowed mode with the default in-game resolution and use a program called sizer and resize the window to 1920x1080. However the little sizer program is not optional on anygamestarter game windows.
I am just wondering for myself if it's at all possible to apply a custom resolution for windowed mode games running threw anygamestarter. Sorry hope this makes sense.

Also I searched this thread using the search at the top and didn't really see anything that answered this question. If I accidentally missed it I'm sorry if I'm re-posting but if you could point me in the right direction I would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Summer
Test Subject
#474 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 9:02 AM
Im not sure if this was already asked, but I used this with my Ultimate Collection, and I don't know how to fix my game. Any ideas?
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#475 Old 11th May 2015 at 7:31 PM
Thank You
Page 19 of 21