Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Rabbit Hole Replacement Project(Updated March 8 2011)

by Raven Shadow Posted 25th Feb 2011 at 12:01 PM - Updated 21st Aug 2011 at 8:06 PM by Raven Shadow : Added new objects

186 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 115 Feedback Posts, 70 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 8
Test Subject
#151 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kabuto
If you got Pets EP or later, you need the new version
Pets Rigfix version (20 November 2011) is available here:
http://customsims3.com/forums/thread-53.html

The link doesnt work for me, am i too late to the party? I downloaded the doors from here but i get freezing so i deinstalled it and wanted to download the doors on this link but the link doesnt work. it just tells me the site is not aviable. Is there a new link if not the site is not aviable in my country (which i wouldnt apreciate). Someone link it or share it throu dropbox or something. i want the doors so badly.
Sockpuppet
#152 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 9:54 PM Last edited by Kabuto : 19th Jun 2014 at 10:48 PM.
The link worked on May 25th but it seems CustomSims3.com is down now.

Now the files are available here
http://simsl3gacies.com/blog/2014/0...and-late-night/

and here
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Other+M...bbithole%20Rugs
THANKS POST
#153 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 3:21 AM
^^
Field Researcher
#154 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 11:11 PM Last edited by YesPlease : 24th Jul 2014 at 6:57 PM. Reason: spelling :)
Quote: Originally posted by Kabuto
The link worked on May 25th but it seems CustomSims3.com is down now.

Now the files are available here
http://simsl3gacies.com/blog/2014/0...and-late-night/

and here
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Other+M...bbithole%20Rugs

Thank you, these links were extremely helpful! I'd been looking for these, as well.

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. ~ Katharine Hepburn
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#155 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 11:01 AM
I want to build a working school witch rabbit hole should a use.
Please help!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#156 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 3:19 PM
Tank you for work.
Test Subject
#157 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 9:19 PM
i feel like a bit of a lulu, but is there no door/rug for a bistro? there's one for the combination business building/restaurant, and for the diner, but not one for chez-fufu-fancypants restaurant? sorry if this has already been covered, i did my best to peruse the whole thread before asking and didn't see anything addressing this.
Test Subject
#158 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 7:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spookyliz
i feel like a bit of a lulu, but is there no door/rug for a bistro? there's one for the combination business building/restaurant, and for the diner, but not one for chez-fufu-fancypants restaurant? sorry if this has already been covered, i did my best to peruse the whole thread before asking and didn't see anything addressing this.

There IS a bistro rug, found here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=499467
Test Subject
#159 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Asaia127
There IS a bistro rug, found here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=499467

THANK YOU!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#160 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 6:16 AM
Thank You
Test Subject
#161 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 5:46 AM
Question: Is there a way to change the names of the rabbit hole for the schools?
For example, it says my Sims got their HS diplomas from "rabbit hole"
Any way to fix this?
Top Secret Researcher
#162 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by redcatpumpkin
Question: Is there a way to change the names of the rabbit hole for the schools?
Any way to fix this?
I think if your sim buys the rabbit hole, they can change the name of it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#163 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 3:07 PM
Thanks, I can't wait to build my own school!
Test Subject
#164 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 6:15 AM
No idea if people are still hanging around this thread, but I'll try my luck:
I can't really get the rugs to work. I downloaded an empty custom world (for those who may know of it, it was Nilxis' tiny rural island- quite amazing) and tried to build my own school. I switched one residential plot to community, built my tiny rural school and placed the matching rug inside but when I switch back from building mod to map, I don't get the 'school icon' (I simply get the bench icon indicating this is a community lot; as if it were a park or a lake for example).
Is this normal or did I do something wrong? Forgot to do something perhaps?

I'd give up and download another world into which rabbitholes are included, but I don't own LN (nor do I want to) and it's a pain to find a custom world that matches my expectations (small, rural) and doesn't ask for this add-on.
Not to mention, the huge city hall/school/yadda yadda don't really fit the 'small town' category :/
Test Subject
#165 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 3:48 AM Last edited by SiskaNewbie : 3rd Mar 2015 at 6:05 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Pixil
No idea if people are still hanging around this thread, but I'll try my luck:
I can't really get the rugs to work. I downloaded an empty custom world (for those who may know of it, it was Nilxis' tiny rural island- quite amazing) and tried to build my own school. I switched one residential plot to community, built my tiny rural school and placed the matching rug inside but when I switch back from building mod to map, I don't get the 'school icon' (I simply get the bench icon indicating this is a community lot; as if it were a park or a lake for example).
Is this normal or did I do something wrong? Forgot to do something perhaps?

I'd give up and download another world into which rabbitholes are included, but I don't own LN (nor do I want to) and it's a pain to find a custom world that matches my expectations (small, rural) and doesn't ask for this add-on.
Not to mention, the huge city hall/school/yadda yadda don't really fit the 'small town' category :/
I'm not 100% sure, but I vaguely recall this guy mentioning somewhere he got around the rabbit hole thing by placing them underground. --> http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/722091.page

Not sure what Rabbit hole mod he is using. Might be this one. His world is only requires base game, if you want to check it out and see how he did it. He has optional Lot downloads for Ambition and Seasons.

*edit* Actually here is a guide to hiding the rabbit hole thing, if this mod isn't working for you. http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/b...dittownlots.php
Test Subject
#166 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 5:35 PM Last edited by cassdoe22 : 1st Mar 2015 at 5:51 AM.
Shame that is isn't compatible with macs :v

EDIT: So early in the pages I read that this mod didn't work with Macs and was discouraged , but as I became more inclined, I thought, "Why not try it?". Thank god...It worked, everything runs smoothly :D!!
Field Researcher
#167 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 6:07 PM Last edited by heaven : 3rd Apr 2015 at 6:29 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by redcatpumpkin
Any way to fix this?

Go into Edit Town, which brings up the whole world. Click on the rabbithole you want to change, i.e. the school. There is a small screen that pops up with a picture of the lot, the name, type, etc. You will see a button that looks like pen and paper. Click on that. You can change the name of the lot and even type a description. That's it.

I'm having problems with the doors changing icons of EA created rabbit holes already in my EA game. I'm still testing which ones are creating the problem but I do know that the Spa/Bookstore door changes my current EA created Spa only rabbit hole icon from a cream jar to a male figure that looks like a bathroom pic! To be honest, I don't know what the icon is for the EA rabbithole for the combined Spa/Bookstore but, even if it is the bathroom man, it shouldn't be changing the icon for the Spa only RH. I'll keep testing the others because I know there are a few other icon changes when I put the doors in my game. I'll be checking the combo Civic Center one next because one of the door RHs changes my house icons to a tank!
Test Subject
#168 Old 7th May 2015 at 7:39 PM
I Am A Huge Noob!!! How Do I Download This I've Been Looking For A Download Button Heeeelllpp!!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#169 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 6:13 PM
Just did a quick test and my shopping mall is now a SHOPPING MALL with no more stupid stairs into basements that slows sims down.

Only minor let down is not being able to rename them without buying them, which isn't possible with police, schools etc. so they remain School House Rabbit Hole, noticed could change that in S3PE but my 3 schools would still be named the same

Got to say a Big Thank you for making custom rabbit holes possible "massive thumbs up"
Test Subject
#170 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 1:11 PM
Make a hole tower resort
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#171 Old 25th Oct 2015 at 1:28 AM
THank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#172 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 6:12 AM
Thanks I really appreciate the rabbit holes.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#173 Old 13th Jan 2016 at 5:32 AM
Those are amazing!!! You wouldn't happen to have any supernatural or into the future rabbit hole mods?
Test Subject
#174 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 7:05 PM
Hi! I don't know if this is a bug per se, but I have found a problem with the rugs (at least, the version I'm using?).
Custom careers (such as the part-time ones included in the NRaas Careers mod) do not appear to be properly linked to these rabbithole rugs. I can neither accept a job in these tracks "at" the rugs, nor transfer to them.
No idea why... They all clearly reference the correct rabbithole class. Yet for some reason, the game won't link custom careers to them. There's almost certainly something going on at a deeper level that I haven't dug into.
It's kind of a pity because for some RH types I was hoping to do away with the clunky buildings altogether.

Other than that, pretty awesome!
Test Subject
#175 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by waffle_master9000
Hi! I don't know if this is a bug per se, but I have found a problem with the rugs (at least, the version I'm using?).
Custom careers (such as the part-time ones included in the NRaas Careers mod) do not appear to be properly linked to these rabbithole rugs. I can neither accept a job in these tracks "at" the rugs, nor transfer to them.
No idea why... They all clearly reference the correct rabbithole class. Yet for some reason, the game won't link custom careers to them. There's almost certainly something going on at a deeper level that I haven't dug into.
It's kind of a pity because for some RH types I was hoping to do away with the clunky buildings altogether.

Other than that, pretty awesome!

You might need Arsil's Custom Rabbit Hole Doors which are designed for custom careers.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=549846

I don't use custom careers so don't know much about them.
Page 7 of 8