Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Site Helper
#126 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 6:26 PM
The jump drive works in the computers at the library. It works (well, used to work) in the computer that died. It works on the laptop. But this computer refuses to acknowledge that it exists, even though the printer works if I plug it into any of the ports that the jump drive doesn't work in. I can't even get it to work in the port that the mouse is using. And they are all Windows computers.

But my husband has an old MP3 player that he says works on this computer, so I guess I can use that as a jump drive.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#127 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 6:35 PM
Glad you've found a solution, Ghost.
Test Subject
#128 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 10:49 PM
Ahh so many amazing stories! I am so glad to be participating with so many amazing writers! I can't wait until the scores are out and I get to read your next chapters.
I am so clueless as to what to do for the hero 'costume'. I have an idea... but its not really a costume, more like something the character always wears... I hope that counts because I will include a back story around the objects as well.... Don't worry, there is a method to my madness, all things will tie together in the end. :D
~meli

"Don't mistake coincidence for fate."
~Mr. Eko, LOST
Scholar
#129 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 6:42 AM
Well, my story really doesn't provide a "costume" per se. Guess there's no bonus points for me this round :P
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#130 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 7:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ForeverCamp
Well, my story really doesn't provide a "costume" per se. Guess there's no bonus points for me this round :P

Every hero has a costume Camp. Every. Single. One. Geez, get with the program. /me may be a bit drunk.

Seriously though, be creative. That's what this whole contest is about. It doesn't have to be neon and spandex.

Also:
By "summary", heaven, do you mean a brief overview of what's going on in the story?

Mostly would be a thing similar to "previously on"... Sapphira escaped to find birth parents, got knocked up by deep-throat guy without getting any actual answers. Blah-dee-blah.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Scholar
#131 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 7:48 AM
Well, Sapphira IS pretty much living in her martial arts outfit. SO COMFY OMG.
Scholar
#132 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 7:55 AM
Well, Sapphira IS pretty much living in her martial arts outfit. SO COMFY OMG.

You ever taken actual martial arts? SO NOT COMFY.

Sensei said they'd get comfier as time passed... sensei lied to us.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
The other one
#133 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 8:12 AM
I didn't get the chance to do it earlier but here's my CC credits

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
The other one
#134 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 8:15 AM Last edited by missroxor : 10th Jul 2012 at 8:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
Also:
Mostly would be a thing similar to "previously on"... Sapphira escaped to find birth parents, got knocked up by deep-throat guy without getting any actual answers. Blah-dee-blah.

Sapphira got knocked up from deep-throating? That guy really does have super powers! :p

/me pat pats drunk Heaven

Edit: Makes much more sense now that I've read the story Still though...lol.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Test Subject
#135 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 2:58 PM
Hahaha I just realized that I kinda started a trend with the whole 'spoiler' things. haha :D

And now my point to this message lol::

I forgot to say who my side kick was in my post.
I didn't go in depth with the side kick in that chapter, but i will. He is mentioned tho, so I dont know if it counts towards the bonus.
Should I edit the thing and put a side note or something to say that I have a sidekick for my main character?

~Mr. Eko, LOST
Forum Resident
#136 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 4:45 PM
Oh, shoot. I forgot about the deadline. Not that it mattered, I was stuck in a house with no internet anyway and I hadn't been able to get all my pics, just about half. Anyway, even though I missed entering, I've loved the stories so far and I'll definitely follow along. Good luck to all of the entrants! You're all amazing.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#137 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Melibee1323
Hahaha I just realized that I kinda started a trend with the whole 'spoiler' things. haha :D

And now my point to this message lol::

I forgot to say who my side kick was in my post.
I didn't go in depth with the side kick in that chapter, but i will. He is mentioned tho, so I dont know if it counts towards the bonus.
Should I edit the thing and put a side note or something to say that I have a sidekick for my main character?

No, you didn't have to mention who your sidekick was. Actually, for those that did, it won't actually affect judging. As mentioned in the OP, it should be obvious from the story itself and shouldn't have to be explained. It's nice to have at the end but won't help or hurt your score at all.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
#138 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 11:18 PM
Just finished reading all the stories from last fall's contest. Wow. They were amazing! I'm slightly intimidated, but mostly greatly inspired. And all the first chapters in this contest are wonderful. I can't wait to find out what happens in all of them.
Site Helper
#139 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Melibee1323

Your spoilers are a great idea! 14 people posting 15 pictures each is going to be a lot for anyone's connection to handle. As I said before, I wish I had thought of it, and I congratulate you on having thought of it.

/offtopic

When are we going to get scores? And can we get comments as well? (Please?)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#140 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 3:24 PM
I've just got all the scores in. I am at work now but will put them together and post them when I get home this evening. As for comments, each contestant will get comments at that time as well. Be on the lookout!

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#141 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 3:38 AM Last edited by heaven : 14th Jul 2012 at 4:18 PM.
Round 1 Scores
Hello everyone and welcome to the first set of scores. I hope we didn't keep you waiting too long! First, let me just say congratulations on a job well done to each of you. Second, please be aware that individual scores are not in order of judges listed on the original post. Also, if you have an issue with your scores, please come to me instead of disgruntled posts here or trying to PM the judges.

The scores are averaged between all 3 judges. Instead of rounding to the nearest half point, scores are just rounded to the first decimal. Also, please remember that if everyone gets their next round in before the deadline, we can start Round 3 sooner!
ContestantTotal
Spladoum94.7
ReyaD94
ForeverCamp96.7
Melibee132393.3
Ghost_sdoj88.7
Viva199489
Qnshr598.3
waterjay97.3
Tamlyn97.3
Sabri589.7
Prawler90.7
Buckley98
LadyAwesome89
missroxor95.7

Scholar
#142 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 6:12 AM Last edited by ForeverCamp : 13th Jul 2012 at 6:32 AM.
LOL. Sorry, judges. Honest to goodness, Sapphira had a typecast when I first started writing. Now she's stubbornly refusing to be lumped into a box. *sigh* I keep telling her I need her to make up her mind before Round 2 is up.

ETA: As for the sidekick... yeah, there wasn't really a sidekick. The kids are slowly turning into sidekicks, but not soon enough, I guess. Oops - I totally just spoiler'd my interchapter. :P
Test Subject
#143 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 6:53 AM
Bleh, I'm not sure if I could just have been more concise, but I think I could have done a much better job with a larger word count. Either that or my beginning was just too large of an idea. I'm really not sure what to take from this except to curl up in yonder corner and contemplate proper character development... Writing is such a cut throat, 400th draft, intuitive process; it's wonderful to be judged on how I'm doing. (even if it makes me question my entire process, forget what I've learned, eventually forget how to breathe, and then end up gasping for breath on the ground in a pile of angst sometimes) Thank you.
Field Researcher
#144 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 11:14 AM
It was fun reading the comments on everyone's stories and seeing how soon I could match them up to the stories (as I definitely can't attach writers to chapters!)
Field Researcher
#145 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 6:01 PM
I'm glad we get comments. It helps to know what needs to be strengthened for the next round. I agree with the judges on my sidekick. I knew when I wrote it that it wasn't very clear, but I couldn't figure out how to do it without going over the word count. Actually, now that I think about it, there was a way I could have done it. Oh well. I knew the worst that could happen was a zero. So onward to round 2!!!
Scholar
#146 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 6:29 PM
My sidekick was supposed to be comedic relief but I think the problem is I'm just not very funny... oops. I really appreciate all the comments though and I know what I have to keep an eye on while I write. Thank you!

Pretty impressive that there's only a ten point difference between first and last place. This is anybody's game!

Lab Assistant
#147 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 9:28 PM
I see the sidekick was a little bit of a problem to everyone, it's really hard to introduce a sidekick very early in a story, and that's what makes this contest great: it's challenging!
I'll pull a ForeverCamp right now by telling you guys that you will later find out that my character Amanda isn't "the comic relief" as everyone thought (spoiler spoiler ^.^)
Inventor
#148 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 9:33 PM
Congratulations to everyone for making it through the first round! I'm excited to read/judge the round 2 submissions.

And I'm glad that the judge comments seem to be helping. I know it isn't easy to put a story out there for others to read/criticize, but you all did a wonderful job. Seriously. You're all a bunch of brave, brave souls with awesome writing talent. Color me jealous.

"Goonies never say die."
Scholar
#149 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 5:42 AM Last edited by ReyaD : 15th Jul 2012 at 7:42 AM.
Summary: Last chapter we met Juliette Johnson, a strange young woman with the gift of mind reading. After an undisclosed incident she left the police force and became a toy of an unnamed government sector. On what should be just another job, she manages to kill the man she’s interrogating, and can’t understand how. Instead of facing her boss she has her partner cover for her and takes off to visit a man known as “The Doc”.

Current Events: Finding Judas
Previous Events: Get out of jail free
Word Count: 1380, 16 photos
Hero Type: The Knight in Sour Armor
CC Used:
- Allowed: Skin by Ephemera, CC and store hairs, Poses, OMSP

Test Subject
#150 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 2:12 PM
Ugh I majorly regret having my story with pictures from the sims 3!
My sims 3 game is so slow for me lately, and Sims 2 is so much better as far as speed and Graphics. I have to turn them practicly all the way down for sims 3 but I can have them all the way up for sims 2... I guess I am just annoyed with it :/

~Mr. Eko, LOST

Page 6 of 15