Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 6:52 AM Last edited by Amura : 20th Feb 2015 at 9:15 AM.
Default Is this graphics safe to play TS2?
I bought a new laptop quite recently and have been playing TS2 UC without issues.
I had a little image flickering problem at first which got fixed by changing the graphic rules. I followed these instructions.
Now it's working perfectly but the more I read the more doubts I have regarding my laptop graphics

I could not afford a better laptop, this seemed a good option and the seller told me it should have no problem with "normal" games. Since TS2 is already a few years old I thought it would not qualify as a high-strain game for a graphics card but now I'm not sure and I'm going a bit paranoid.
My graphics is not listed in the system requeriments wiki page and I know nearly nothing about computers so I'm quite lost.

According to Intel my Intel® Core™ i3-4030U Processor contains an Intel® HD Graphics 4400.
The rest of my specs are in the spoiler tag.

Just wanted to know if it's safe or should I start saving up for a dedicated card before I even attempt to play again.
I mean I'm not asking about TS2 performance (which is good) but about whether I may damage my computer.

Btw I hope I'm posting in the right place.
Although I only play TS2 (no TS3 nor TS4) I thought I should not post in its specific help forum because at this point the game is running ok.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 10:59 AM
That laptop should be fine for TS2, just stay away from the 10k poly CC hairs. But pay less attention to what salesmen tell you in future and more to internet research - most computer shops don't stock gaming laptops, so the staff will fob you off with anything to get their commission.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 12:18 PM
Thank you very much, Nysha, that's certainly reassuring.

And, yeah, I know. And I do follow that advice (not just for computer related items, it's something I usually do).
This time I was in quite a rush because I needed a computer for work asap and I could not do any better. (You should have seen me, phoning my husband who was in another city every five minutes so he could look up information for me as I had no internet - must have been a funny thing to witness xD)
Probably would have bought this laptop anyway, as gaming was not priority at that point, but I'm really glad to know that I still can play TS2 safely on this one.

Once again thank you very much!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 2:24 PM
Ah, yeah, I've been there - once had my uni netbook die in the morning, went to a random computer shop to get a new netbook, ran to my class and unboxed the netbook in class. :P

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.