Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#176 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 11:27 PM
It's been great having the two of your in the contest! I do hope you enjoyed youselves. .

This means that Ktbcca, Meeka and Sims2ControlFrk are the final three in the contest as we head into the last Round. It's very close between the three of you - so good luck!

The Final Round will be posted ASAP. .
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#177 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 12:50 AM
Wait, Can I still add mine tonight? I mean, I would love to if I can ^_^ I just got a call from work and they said I didn't have to go in tomorrow!

:P
Scholar
Original Poster
#178 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 12:51 AM
That'd be fine! Welcome back.
Lab Assistant
#179 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 2:25 PM
Okay my internet got cut off,I'm at the library! I'll add 2nght when my internet is on ^^

Scholar
Original Poster
#180 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 4:38 PM
Gotcha! The Final will be posted a little later on today. .
Scholar
Original Poster
#181 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 12:46 AM

The Final Confrontation is finally here! For the most part, what happens during this Round is entirely up to you - S'Lith has given you your official orders, but whether your aliens actually decide to follow your standing orders is entirely up to you. You must find some way to get away from the techies or Suits, and that's the only stipulation. It's resolution time!

Picture and Writing Requirements
These will remain the same as last Round!

Quote:
Picture Summary
Overall a minimum of six pictures and a maximum of eight.

Writing Requirements
A little bit more than last time - Eight lines per picture.

As always the Round will end at 10PM GMT, unless extensions are requested and the end date is on the initial page of the Contest Thread. .
Lab Assistant
#182 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 3:03 PM
MY internet is still messing up so I probably wont have it working until later this week. Soo sorry, but it looks like I have to drop out after all.

Scholar
Original Poster
#183 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 11:41 PM
Ah well, thanks for trying anyway.

I have the Judges scoring for the last Round now, and I am just compiling the cumulative results.
Scholar
Original Poster
#184 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 1:01 AM
Round III Scores

Vampire of Death

Ktbcca
Atmosphere: 8/10
Picture Creativity: 7.5/10
Storytelling: 9.5/10
Overall Inventiveness: 8.5/10
Rules 5/5
Total: 38.5

Meeka
Picture Creativity: 8.5/10
Storytelling: 9/10
Overall Inventiveness: 9.5/10
Rules 5/5
Total: 40

Sims2controlfrk
Atmosphere: 7/10
Picture Creativity: 9/10
Storytelling: 7.5/10
Overall Inventiveness: 8/10
Rules 5/5
Total: 36.5

MissTech

Ktbcca
Atmosphere: 9/10
Picture Creativity: 10/10
Storytelling: 10/10
Overall Inventiveness: 9/10
Rule Adherence: 5/5
Total: 43

Meeka
Picture Creativity: 9/10
Storytelling: 9/10
Overall Inventiveness: 8/10
Total: 39

Sims2controlfrk
Picture Creativity: 8/10
Storytelling: 10/10
Overall Inventiveness: 9/10
Total: 40

TRIriana

Ktbcca
Atmosphere: 8
Picture Creativity: 8
Storytelling: 8
Overall Inventiveness: 9
Rule Adherence: 5
Total: 38

Meeka
Atmosphere: 8.5
Picture Creativity: 8.5
Storytelling: 8
Overall Inventiveness: 9

Sims2controlfrk
Atmosphere: 9
Picture Creativity: 10
Storytelling: 10
Overall Inventiveness: 10
Total: 44

Overall Round III Scores
Sims2controlfrk: 120.5
Ktbcca: 119.5
Meeka: 118
Forum Resident
#185 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 10:04 PM
TRIriana- Could I please have an extra day to complete my entry? I just started a new job this week so my schedule is a bit hectic. Thanks.

Also, thanks for the scores!
Scholar
Original Poster
#186 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 12:10 AM
Of course! I will edit the initial post to reflect the change. .

And congratulations on your new job! :D.
Lab Assistant
#187 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 5:38 AM
.Thanks for the extension and ktbcca, thanks for asking for it. Oh, and congrats on your new job.
Forum Resident
#188 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 7:47 AM Last edited by ktbcca : 25th Jun 2009 at 7:14 AM.
Default ktbcca- Alt Spec- Round Four
Spec Log: Entry Six
Time: 1900 hours

The Special Secret Service agents walked deliberately towards me. I could not make up my mind whether to stay and reason with them or flee for safety. The latter would be difficult to accomplish since I was on a foreign planet where I was unsure that any safety for me even existed. Plus, I’m usually not the type to run. I needed to stand up to the agents and do what I could to protect myself. This situation brought me back to my days in Dred, the city I loved so much. Living on the streets had always brought trouble my way and I always managed to fight or talk my way through it. Although I was in enemy territory, completely out of my comfort zone, I stood my ground.

“Greetings, I am Tal of Arc. Please state your name and purpose,” one of the agents said to me in a demanding tone.

I replied, “I am Alt Spec of Covert Forces. I was sent to this planet to study the humans and plan a possible take-over.”

“Ahhh, I see,” Tal answered back, “And have you completed this mission successfully?” I was absolutely sure he already knew the answer, already knew who I was, and had come to get rid of me. Arc is mostly a friendly and peaceful planet, but in the military things are a bit different. I knew sensitive information; they couldn’t have me going around telling humans or Arcions things they shouldn’t know.

“I think you already know the answer.” I responded bravely.

“You’re correct. Because you have not been successful we will need to send you to our facilities here on Earth for a memory cleanse. You will then be transported back to Arc and assigned a new task if you superiors see fit to do so.” My heart began pounding rapidly at this statement. If they administered a memory cleanse on me I would not only forget my time here on Earth, I would forget my entire life! Our technology is not yet advanced enough for selective memory cleansing. I couldn’t let this happen. My memories shape who I am today. My experiences make me strong. I couldn’t let them take me. With that, I turned quickly on my heel and sprinted away. Looking back I know it was a stupid thing to do, they could have easily shot me down right then and there, but for some reason, they let me go.

I ran, and I ran, and I ran. The buildings, signs, and trees flew past me as I darted down the street. I looked over my shoulder countless times but never saw the Arcions in pursuit. They will probably just destroy me with the rest of the humans. I thought to myself. I didn’t let the idea get to me though. My only goal was to get somewhere safe, somewhere they couldn’t find me. Soon, I was out of the town and nearing a dark jungle. I slowed down, unsure where to go next. To my left was the ocean, to my right and in front of me sat the dense jungle. The only way was forward. Looking over my shoulder one last time, I began to jog towards the forest when suddenly I slammed directly into a solid object.

“Whoa! Hey there, slow down!” exclaimed the object. Well, not an object, but a human being, a male to be precise.
“Oh, sorry,” I mumbled. Clearing my throat embarrassingly I turned to my right and began jogging again.

“Hey wait! What…I mean, who are you?” The man asked curiously. I stopped and turned around slowly, thinking quickly of what to say in response.

“My name is Alt.” I said simply. And then added, “I’m not from around here and I can’t seem to find my way…” I trailed off, not knowing where exactly I was trying to find my way to.

“Not from around here, huh? I could tell! You look like one of them, er, aliens people always talk about. I never thought you folks came around these parts, but here you are right in front of me!”

“Well,” I replied cautiously, “I am foreign to this planet.” The man seemed trustworthy enough, and he was really the only help I thought I would ever run into, so I said, “I’m escaping my own people. They want to take away my memory. And I believe they are looking to destroy all humans on Earth, so that they might colonize the planet. I…we need to get somewhere safe. If we are hidden well enough they may not take us.” The man stared blankly at me for what felt like an eternity the finally said,

“Wow. Okay then, my cabin is very well hidden inside that jungle there. I have plenty of food for months to come. I will take you there. We’ll be safe, I promise.” I couldn’t tell if he thought I was insane and was just humoring me, or if he really believed what I told him. Either way I took his offer and we started off into the jungle together.

We walked for a couple of hours, sweat dripping off our faces from the heat and humidity of the thick rain forest. Eventually, we came upon a small, wooden cabin tucked neatly in the trees.

“Welcome home.” The man said kindly. “Oh, and by the way, my name is Jonathon. You can call me Jon.”

“Thank you, Jon.” I responded.

He led me inside his cabin. As soon as we entered, the pleasant scent of wood and fire entered my nose. An excited dog raced up to Jon, barking and panting with its tail wagging wildly. He bent down to the dog and scratched it behind the ears and kissed its nose.

“This is Charlie.” He told me. “He’s friendly, so don’t go being scared of him.” I nodded, unsure of what to say. Jon suddenly had a look on his face that meant he has just come to some great realization. “Hey! Does that suit of yours have any sort of tracking device thing? I mean, do they know where you are all the time or what?” I could hit myself for forgetting this fact. Before I left Arc I was told never to remove my suit while on Earth because it would help them locate me at all times.
“Yes,” I replied. “It does, we should get rid of it.”

“Alright then. I got some stuff that might fit ya, it's some of my mom's old stuff, if you don't mind wearing it that is. Can’t really have you walking around stark naked can we?” He said, blushing.

“No, you’re right about that.” I said, laughing. Jon gave me some clothes that fit well enough. I changed as he went behind his cabin and began building a bonfire.

“We’ll just burn it, that’ll be good enough, you think?” He asked as I joined him.

“Well,” I answered, “It’s flame resistant. So no, I don’t think that’ll be good enough.”

“Well then, why don’t we tie a rock to it and throw it into the ocean!”

“Great idea,” I replied. And we did just that.

After returning to Jon’s cabin, we decided to make use of the bonfire he built and roasted some hot dogs. I told him all about my life, from beginning to end, and he was simply amazed at the things I had experienced. I learned that he grew up in this very cabin; his parents had passed away a few years ago. He told me that we were in a place called Florida and that specifically, we were near the Everglades. The words Florida, and Everglades sounded so beautiful to me compared to Arc’s harsh names like Dred, and my own name, Alt Spec. This really was a place I could get used to. I smiled at Jon, and he returned the smile. I knew I had found a friend, a true friend, in Jon, and whatever happened I would always have his kindness, generosity, and his friendship.

Conclusion:

The Arcions searched fruitlessly for Alt for several days before giving up. Soon after, the head of the government in Arc called off the colonization of Earth, citing insufficient funds. Alt and Jon lived happily together in Jon’s cabin and eventually grew to love each other. They had two children together, named Jonathon Jr. and Specria. The family lived blissfully in the cabin for the rest of their days.

Lab Assistant
#189 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 5:09 AM
Default Round 4 - sims2controlfrk
The saga continues…

“Mom...? What are you doing here? I thought you had to work an extra shift at the processing plant? Where did you get the new clothes…you look pretty! Is that makeup? I like it when you wear makeup…”

“Scotty...? Kirkham, what in the world were you thinking? You do realize that you’ve endangered my baby! For Heaven’s sake…this is a ‘frikkin’ alien space craft!” Scotty’s mom yelled.

“Ain’t it cool, Mom?” Scotty asked with child-like enthusiasm.

“Now, now…calm down, Muffin…” Professor Kirkham said calmly. “What are you doing here? Surely, to goodness you’re not an agent with...”

“Shush...we’ll talk later!”
the mother hissed. Then through clenched teeth, she said loud enough for all the hear, “How many times do I have to tell you not to call me Muffin outside of home?”

“Maureen…the lieutenant is ‘relatively’ harmless. She’s just showing us around…that’s all,” the professor said timidly.

“Yeah, Mom…the lieutenant is with the carnival and her camper is a great big ol’ videogame box! It’s ‘sweet’ ain’t it…don’t you think so, huh?” Scotty said with excitement. “Hey, Lieutenant, when are you going to paint my face?”

Lt. Skwint first gave Scotty a look of confusion and then glanced around at the black-clad ‘goons’, for a lack of a better description. She thought, “I do not comprehend this ‘face painting’, but I comprehend a bad situation when I sense it…” She tried to get herself mentally ready to take on the opponents at hand, but she could not concentrate. She was still lethargic from eating too much chocolate cake.
“Honey there ain’t…isn’t going to be any face painting today…okay? Now, why don’t you and Kirkham go on home? It’s almost time for you to watch TNG,” Maureen said as calmly as she could muster. She turned to the professor and seemingly looked through him as she whispered, “Take Scotty home, right now! I’ll deal with you later!”

“Aw, Mom…do we have to…? This is more fun…” Scotty whined.

Maureen glared at the professor who instantly snapped to attention. “Your mother’s right, Scotty...I can’t wait to see what the Borg are up to...” He pushed Scotty toward the door. Just before he exited the terra-transport, the professor turned to Lt. Skwint and said, “Peace; may the Force be with you…live long and prosper…I sincerely hope that THEY grant you a little mercy.”

Skwint groaned and turned her attention to the Scotty’s mother and her goons. She said, “I am now the ‘Head Flake’! I command that you and the primitives of this pathetic village evacuate. Flee or face your certain demise. The red fog will commence in 30 ochnons. Time is of essence!”

“Lt. Skwint, the only creature going anywhere will be you! We do not take kindly to anybody or ‘anything’ invading our planet! Grab her Harrison!”
Maureen shouted.
A well matched battled ensued. Maureen and her other goon, Irving cheered Harrison on. But when the Skwint started getting the best of Harrison, they both dove in to lend their companion some assistance. Skwint was an expert in combatant-to-combatant battle. She utilized her feet as skillfully as she used her hands. The scene was reminiscent of the old “Batman” series from the late 1960s. BOOM! …POW! But her terra-transport was just too small to fit in the BAM! Maureen and the goons were as relentless with their mission as Skwint was with hers. Eventually, the chocolate cake pulsing through Skwint’s cardio-vascular system started to weigh her down and Irving was able to render her unconscious.

Maureen and her goons whisked Lt. Skwint away to their secret facility via helicopter. They made a long, circuitous journey over the river, through the wood, and beyond the seaside resort, just to end up in the basement of the fish processing plant. Skwint had been out for an indeterminable amount of time, when she woke up disoriented. The room was dark and overwhelmingly fish scented. She’d had vague visions while unconscious that were still swirling through her brain.“Where am I…the mission…I’m on a mission…the mission is the thing and the thing is the mission…Long live Al’BinoVa…Mission, conquest, superior Al’BinoVanian intellect…fog…RED FOG…New Al’BinoVa …General Skwint…! Great Serene At-One…I’m on a mission...It’s imperative that I complete the mission!”

When Lt. Skwint made a move to escape, Maureen flipped the switch to a giant overhead light. Skwint found that she was surrounded by a host of goons. She also realized that she was wearing a white uniform of some sort and sitting in some sort of dental hygiene contraption…and she’d be “dracked-nabb-it” if there weren’t a tray with scalpels, scrapers, and other sharp shiny tools waiting to be used…on her, no less! Also, it didn’t help her feel any better that there was also a large jar looming ominously to her left. “Did I hear the words “Alien Dissection” or was I dreaming?” was Swint’s next thoughts.

“Welcome to our lair, Lieutenant,” Maureen said in a tone that one would use to invite guests into her parlor for coffee and teacakes. “I believe you’ve met Harrison and Irving…well, this is our wonderful helicopter pilot Wanda, and agents Bertram and MacKenzie. Say hi, people…”

“Skwint, Lieutenant Level 5B, Corp of Disciplinarians…the mission is the thing and the thing is the mission. Your demise is imminent…resistance is futile…long live AlbinoVa!”

“Whatev…look, here’s the ‘real’ thing…there will be no invasion, conquest, or termination on my watch. But, thanks for serving as my first ‘real’ alien captive. Our specially trained mechanics are taking your little spacecraft apart as we speak. Oh, and when the space patrol captures your mother ship, who or whatever is aboard will join you, too. We can’t have you homesick, now can we?. Until that time, we have a few questions that we request the honour of you answering,” Maureen purred. “If you will, I’d like to introduce you to the Tickle Machine. It’s state of the art as far as interrogation technology goes. Kenzie, if you will…”
Kenzie pulled a lever and the machine sent tiny tickle sensations through Skwint’s body. The alien captive giggled girlishly. The goons proceeded with the interrogation and with every unacceptable answer came another jolt of tickles…and, the only answer that Skwint was willing to indulge was her name, rank, and serial number. Thus, Skwint spent a great part of the interrogation giggling so cute and infectious that the compulsion soon spread to the goons.

After 1 ½ Earth hours of guffawing and hee-hawing, Maureen ordered the interrogation to cease and sent Skwint into the laboratory for a thorough physical examination. The technicians took urine specimens, blood samples, and tried in vain to find hair to pluck. Skwint was pinched, poked, and refusing to be prodded when she heard the unmistakable sound of a smoke blaster and people running in the corridor. She was tired and achy, but took the opportunity to punch the lab technician just as the door burst open emitting clouds gray and black smoke…and Colonel Hot-ee.

“SKWINT!” Hotz yelled as he blasted smoke at everything and anything that was moving.

The lab technicians grabbed test tubes, charts, and files as they scampered toward an emergency door. The punch-drunk lab technician rushed Skwint, intending to take the alien captive on the run with her, but Skwint had other ideas. The lieutenant, feeling a rush of AlbinoVanian adrenaline, kicked the tech soundly on the chin.
Maureen and Irving were on Hotz’s heels as he entered the laboratory. The colonel hit them both with one swing of his smoke blaster, sending them sailing across the room, knocked out cold. He grabbed Skwint’s hand and tried to drag her out the way he came in, but she would not budge.

Instead, she shouted, “Hotz, what are you doing?”

“I’m rescuing you! Now, come on…the primitive Earthlings are experiencing an incredible amount of pist-offity right about now and I’m running out of smoke.” Hotz said hurriedly.

“I don’t need rescuing…I’ve got all of this under control. You need to get back to the Vessel and wait for me to communicate with you on the dark side of the lunar unit. I’ve got a mission to complete,” Skwint responded as she attempted to pull her hand out of his.

“The mission is aborted, Skwint…S’lith has been committed and the High Disciplinarian was able to sign a deal with Delsi-Theta for enough red algae to jump-start production of artificial red-fog on Al’BinoVa. There’s no threat to separate our cerebral cortexes from the rest of our bodies and we no longer need the primitives’ polluted ball of hydrogen, oxygen, and all that other stuff,” Hotz announced proudly.

“But what about my dreams and my honor? This is another plot, just like the Pluto Experience! I am the combatant that annihilated the yellow faction of Chaos on Pluto and demoted that icy ball of whatever it is from a planet to insignificant debris taking up space. It was Skwint…Lt. Skwint, then and still Lt. Skwint, now! But, you somehow received my accolades and my elevation to Colonel! This is not fair! I want my accolades!
“I earned this elevation by my own merits, Skwint. It had nothing whatsoever to do with you and your victory on Pluto. You want accolades, but you won’t get accolades for being foolish and undisciplined... time is of essence, Lieutenant…we’ve got to move. The primitives are gaining on the Vessel as we disagreeably communicate. D’Nerd and D’Ork are securing the fog-orbs from the remains of your transport and will meet us at the edge of the woods in 5 ochnons. You have two choices: you can either come along on your own feet or I’m going to carry you out of here…what’s it going to be?”

Colonel Hot-ee carried Skwint kicking and screaming out of the laboratory of the secret facility under the fish processing plant. Under darkness of night, he ran to the edge of the woods surrounding the fishing village, with his uncooperative cargo thrown over his shoulders. He met D’Ork and D’Nerd with 2 ochnons to spare and swiftly guided terra-transport #2 out of the Earth’s stratosphere toward the dark side of the moon. They blasted the Al’BinoVanian Vessel out of the lunar orbit and out of harms way towards life and prosperity on their beloved artificially red-fog bound planet.

Skwint eventually ended her not-so-well-disciplined tantrum 20,000 septuplets into the voyage home. Her motivation:

High Disciplinarian: Lt. Skwint, your hard work valiant effort has earned you the distinction and title of Colonel-First Class. Congratulations, Colonel-First Class Skwint.

Skwint: Who..me? You really didn’t have to do all of that HD. It is my honor to serve.
HD: The legend of your social interaction with the primitives will continue into infinity. You deserve the praise, Skwint. You really know how to make Al’BinoVanians proud. We’re organizing a celebration in your honor and a day at the hot wax spa.

Skwint:
That’s too much, HD…really…

HD: It’s been said and already been done. Carry on, Colonel…see you at the parade.

Colonel Hot-ee and his crew stood beaming behind Skwint as she ended her communication with the High Disciplinarian. Skwint and Hotz were suddenly aware of strange vibrations around them and felt a little uncomfortable as they touched congratulatory hands. The vibes lasted approximately 2 sipsips, before it dissipated into the usual argumentative discourse that was the basis of their relationship. All has been said and there’s no more to be done for the moment. Colonel Skwint, First Class…over and out.
Field Researcher
#190 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 8:20 PM
I am really sorry. I am going to have to drop out.

My computer crashed. I have been spending hours today finishing this last round and was so close but everything I had been working on is now gone. (I could ! )

I dont really have the time and motivation to redo it all. Sorry and good luck to the remain two.
Scholar
Original Poster
#191 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 12:57 AM
Aww, sorry to hear that, Meeka. Ah well, you were a fabulous contestant!
Field Researcher
#192 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 4:10 PM
I am really disappointed that I couldnt carry on but thank you TRIriana for a great contest!
Scholar
Original Poster
#193 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 5:33 AM Last edited by TRIriana : 27th Jun 2009 at 5:47 AM.
I'm just waiting on the final two scores, and the results will be posted. .

Edit: Two sets of scores are now in!
Forum Resident
#194 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 12:43 AM
*explodes*

I am waiting impatiently for the scores!
Scholar
Original Poster
#195 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 1:44 AM
Round IV Scores - the Overall Winner will soon be announced!

TRIriana

Ktbcca
Atmosphere: 8.5
Picture Creativity: 8.5
Storytelling: 8.5
Rules: 5
Total: 40.5

Sims2Controlfrk
Storytelling: 9
Rules: 5
Total: 43

Vampire of Death

Ktbcca
Picture Creativity: 8
Storytelling: 9
Total: 41

Sims2controlfrk
Storytelling: 7
Overall Inventiveness: 8
Rule Adherence:5

Imcran

Ktbcca
Atmosphere 8/10
Picture Creativity 9/10
Storytelling 8/10
Overall Inventiveness 7/10
Rule Adherence 5/5
Total 41/45

Sims2controlfrk
Atmosphere 8/10
Picture Creativity 9/10
Storytelling 8/10
Overall Inventiveness 8/10
Rule Adherence 5/5
Total 42/45
Scholar
Original Poster
#196 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 1:52 AM

Rundown

Application
Ktbcca: 85
Simcontrolfrk: 62.5

Round I
Ktbcca: 124.5
Sims2controlfrk: 112.5

Round II
Ktbcca: 121
Sims2controlfrk: 118

Round III
Sims2controlfrk: 120.5
Ktbcca: 119.5

Round IV
Ktbcca: 122.5
Sims2controlfrk: 124

Winning Scores
Ktbcca: 572.5
Sims2controlfrk: 537.5

Congratulations! You both did fabulously in the contest, and I had a lot of fun reading your submissions. :D
Forum Resident
#197 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 7:13 AM
Wow! Thank you!

Congrats to Sims2controlfrk also.

This was an amazing contest TRIriana, you really know how to challenge a person. I really feel like it has helped me become a better and more creative writer! So thank you TRIriana, judges, and all the contestants. Gah, so HAPPY!
Lab Assistant
#198 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 3:29 PM
Congratulations, ktbcca!!! You're a tough act to follow!

Judges: Thank you for providing fair and balanced judgements.

TRIrianna: Thanks for providing a fun and creative way for me to keep my brain from turning to mush...I am absolutely tired! This was my second contest and I enjoyed it just as much as I did the first one. As you 'young folk' say: "You rock!"
Scholar
Original Poster
#199 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 3:31 PM
I'm so glad that you enjoyed it! I'm hoping to do a Cycle II, from an invasion perspective of the planet that's being attacked - so hopefully that'll be as fun. :D.
Field Researcher
#200 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 11:29 PM
Congratulations, ktbcca!

Good job to sims2controlfrk too!

Page 8 of 8