Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 7:25 PM
Default Post Apocalyptic Mod Suite!
I am thinking of creating a set of mods for post apocalyptic gameplay, this thread is for anyone to make suggestions on what i should include.
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 7:59 PM
Nuclear, pandemic, or zombie apocalypse? I mean, each would need different items to aid in survival. Although a big ass shotgun would be handy in all three.

Well, personal protection is kinda important regardless of what triggers the complete breakdown in civilization, right? And if it's zombies, lots and lot of ammo. Unless they're TS3 zombies, of course. You can pretty much distract their zombie attack by sending them a text message. They can't help but stop to check their cell phone.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 8:17 PM
nuclear. i'm thinking but maybe with something like zombies.
One Minute Ninja'd
#4 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 8:32 PM
Well, for nuclear, you could repurpose the mood manager thingy into a radiation detector.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 2:20 AM
So basically, the Fallout setting (with or without the '50's aesthetic)? I know there are a few Fallout conversions out there somewhere, might be a good place to start!

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 4:10 AM
I've been made it a casual sort of project to redesign Lucky Palms into a Fallout style world, so a mod like this would be a great help. I suggest that you have some kind of radiation counter. A paint on the ground to designate radioactive hot-spots would be good. Along with radiation sickness. Being able to turn the apocalypse off and on within each game would be good, and various interactions should be deactivated with apocalypse on, like using the internet or watching TV, to help with the setting. A scavenge interaction at rabbitholes, something like exploring the mausoleum, with a chance of getting useful loot like ammo or food would be cool but writing out stories might take a while. Being able to choose weather buildings are active, you can work there and interact with it, or abandoned, only scavenging and exploring, would work too. Custom opportunities, food for medical supplies, I heard there was some important technology in this building please go get it, etc. would help with the setting. Also making it easier for Sims to die from various things, as the apocalypse is a hostile place. Dried and canned type food would be cool, renaming and retexturing the dried food from WA might do for this. Interesting recipes like Bug Casserole or Wild Dog Steak. The ability to hunt (probably way difficult, so don't worry about it too much), the ability to put bounties on Sims or have a bounty put on your Sim. Some kind of integrated weapons system with ammo and the need to repair weapons would be cool, but not 100% necessary as there are other weapons systems out there. Sorry for the novel that I just wrote you, but I am rather excited to hear about this and wish you luck in this project.

Do you spice?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChocolatePrimo
I've been made it a casual sort of project to redesign Lucky Palms into a Fallout style world, so a mod like this would be a great help. I suggest that you have some kind of radiation counter. A paint on the ground to designate radioactive hot-spots would be good. Along with radiation sickness. Being able to turn the apocalypse off and on within each game would be good, and various interactions should be deactivated with apocalypse on, like using the internet or watching TV, to help with the setting. A scavenge interaction at rabbitholes, something like exploring the mausoleum, with a chance of getting useful loot like ammo or food would be cool but writing out stories might take a while. Being able to choose weather buildings are active, you can work there and interact with it, or abandoned, only scavenging and exploring, would work too. Custom opportunities, food for medical supplies, I heard there was some important technology in this building please go get it, etc. would help with the setting. Also making it easier for Sims to die from various things, as the apocalypse is a hostile place. Dried and canned type food would be cool, renaming and retexturing the dried food from WA might do for this. Interesting recipes like Bug Casserole or Wild Dog Steak. The ability to hunt (probably way difficult, so don't worry about it too much), the ability to put bounties on Sims or have a bounty put on your Sim. Some kind of integrated weapons system with ammo and the need to repair weapons would be cool, but not 100% necessary as there are other weapons systems out there. Sorry for the novel that I just wrote you, but I am rather excited to hear about this and wish you luck in this project.
thank you for this the one thing i always lack is ideas. so thank you very much.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 1:34 PM
just to add: anyone interested in helping in anyway please just ask.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 1:58 PM
I've never made any mods. But I'm not a half bad writer if you want to do the quests thing I suggested. No worries if you don't need me though.

Do you spice?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 3:58 PM
I've never made any mods. But I'm not a half bad writer if you want to do the quests thing I suggested. No worries if you don't need me though.
if you have more ideas, and you would like to help, you could be a a kinda creative consultant/possible writer if one is needed. tell me if youre interested?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 11:31 PM
Sure thing! I've probably got quite a few ideas bottled up and waiting for attention. Thank you so much. I'm excited that I can be a part of this.

Do you spice?
Field Researcher
#12 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 2:09 AM
You know, probably the easiest way to accomplish something like what you are thinking of is with a custom career, I know NRAAS has tutorials on making them including opportunities. I've never tried making one myself but it doesn't look too hard. Whatever you plan on doing, color me interested!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 12:41 AM
So with this creative consultant thing, do you want me to post any ideas I have here as I get them, or would it make more sense to just make one ideas post to edit or something?

Do you spice?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 1:48 PM
So with this creative consultant thing, do you want me to post any ideas I have here as I get them, or would it make more sense to just make one ideas post to edit or something?
make me a list of ideas on notepad or something and just pm me the file.
Instructor
#15 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jake hughes
I am thinking of creating a set of mods for post apocalyptic gameplay, this thread is for anyone to make suggestions on what i should include.

When it come to Apocalyptic world... it's all about survival in hostile environment.

1. Water and Food
No auto paid food from refrigerator. You must grow food by yourself, from planting to fishing. As well as hunting and gathering. And search it in abandoned rabbit hole buildings.

2. Scavenging old technology.
No buy mode. You need to scavenging in the junk yard, just like the Ambitions EP. And you also need high handy skill to repair it before it can be used.

3. Radiation.
There's several location on the map that makes your sims feel sick, like mosquito spawner in Island Paradise EP. But it makes sims feel sick, nausea.

4. Medicine
If sims feel sick because of radiation, he need a cure. Your sims can search abandoned rabbit hole hospital for it.

5. Mutant (aka zombie)
Zombies are roaming the world. A lot of it.

6. Monster (aka aggressive dog)
Beside of zombies, there's also aggressive dog.

7. Weapons
As Zombies and Dogs can kill you, you need weapons like firearm. Dead zombies and dogs will be respawned again in the next day. Weapon need ammunition, that can be search at abandoned military post and police station. Sims can do autonomous shooting when zombies and dogs near them.

8. Exploring Abandoned Rabbit Hole Buildings
As mentioned above, sims can do searching or exploring it. There's a danger too, sims need weapon and ammunition to enter it, to fight hidden monster there. Like sims exploring catacomb, there's messages show up what sims doing inside and how much ammunition fired and left, what kind of items or food sims get, etc. Sims can leave anytime, once the ammunition is almost empty. Sims can exploring together with other sims.

9. Solving Puzzle or Challenge in Abandoned Rabbit Hole Buildings
There's a puzzle to be solved inside. Sims need a high logic and creative skill. If sims success, he will be rewarded with expensive items, like cars, big flat screen TV, etc. Rare items that you won't find in scavenging junk yard.

The rest of it pretty much like a normal game. There's also other sims live in the neighbor and they have weapons, search for food everyday and kill mutants.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jake hughes
make me a list of ideas on notepad or something and just pm me the file.
Okay, I'll get onto that as soon as I can.

Do you spice?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 1:11 PM
My gaming pc arrived the other day so work should start properly on this project soon.
Test Subject
#18 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 1:08 AM
I've been looking for more post apocalyptic themed things for ts3 and can never seem to find enough stuff, I'm more into nuclear apocalypse stuff than zombie apocalypse. Thank you sooo much for doing this! I've been trying to make a sims story that has post apocalyptic themes but its been really difficult. I love these ideas!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 9:55 AM
I've sent the message. Sorry for it's lateness but I've been without internet for a few days.

Do you spice?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 5:09 PM
If we make rabbitholes specifically for the apocalypse, they need to be re-purposed.

Imagine everything got wiped out and the schools closed for safety reasons, and the hospitals became a breeding ground for diseases after sanitation became difficult. You could re-purpose the school as the new hospital, while the original hospital can be explored like a tomb with a high chance of contracting disease or running into the undead. Certain buildings could even be turned into housing, while they previously wouldn't have been, but only with reinforced doors. Using the toilet on the ground or walls (obviously censored) may actually be quicker and safer than wandering into an old building to find the toilet.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 7:01 AM
So will you be updating your progress here, or do you want to use a tumblr or something?

Do you spice?