Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 9:54 AM
Update the list of available stallions for breeding/new pets to buy?
Hi guys!

I am wondering how to update the list of stallions available for breeding when you visit the Equestrian Centre or the pets available to buy from the shelters.

I have been playing several Sim-weeks with multiple families and none of the lists have changed during that time. It's getting pretty frustrating since I have bred mares with all of the available stallions from the Equestrian Centre and I am trying to avoid inbreeding.

Does this problem have something to do with my Mods - I have Nraas Story Progression (playing Sims 2-style families in rotations), Nraas Overwatch, Register, Master Controller? Or is it just normal for the game to never update the lists?

I have been looking around in the settings of all of my mods, but couldnt find anything i could change to make the lists update.

Thank you in advance!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 11:01 AM
I don't know if it's mod related "problem", but I use MC to refresh the shelters if there isn't an animal that I want. I'm not one hundred precent sure since my MC isn't in english, but think it's MC-Sim-Advanced-Total Annihilation-Type of Pet Pool. You get the option to delete adoptable cats, dogs, horses and strays I think.
Inventor
#3 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 12:12 PM Last edited by Arsil : 27th Apr 2015 at 12:25 PM.
Stallions use their own pool, so unless there's a specific option for that it wont work.
And if horses too have a genealogy eliminating them may screw that up.

It seems like the pet pool for stallions is never refreshed (maybe because in this case,
contrary to other pet adoption services, you don't buy/get the pet removing it from the pool).
Scholar
#4 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 9:17 PM Last edited by ElaineNualla : 28th Apr 2015 at 3:44 PM. Reason: checked
hm I'm not sure (I'll try to check) if somewhere within Register you could make some difference. [EDIT: There's no option for this in Register]
And... have you tried to use a "brute force method"? Remove EC from city, return to live mode, and place it in the city again. In such way the "pool" should be recreated. I think.
(Just speculation)

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"