Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#13776 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 12:10 PM
I've continued my move to tumblr. I looked at Wordpress but I just wasn't having any luck finding something I liked. I do have disqus enabled so you can leave comments longer than the typical tumblr comment. I hope this won't put off anyone from continuing to follow. I won't be taking down the blogger account, at least not for some time.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#13777 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 6:12 PM
I adore picking out the wedding dresses for my sims (that's why I made Alyssa have two), never ever staged a proper wedding, but I like it so far :3 (knock on wood)

Update: Chapter 2.46 Plagued

eternal trash x

currently suffering through a degree, but at least i'm a woman in stem i guess

live laugh love besties x
Field Researcher
#13778 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 11:08 PM
Heaven, I've never used tumblr, so I'm pretty darn clueless! I am having so much fun reading your Are You the One challenge, though! Since I don't know how to leave a comment there, I just wanted to let you know here! Lol
Test Subject
#13779 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 11:58 PM
Default Wow....
I want to start but the rules in my head won't allow me until I finish reading every single thing up to this page.. anyway while im reading this book I'd just like to say this looks like an awesome challenge, props to the creator and all the people who have/are done/doing it..

-A trainee mascot #Llamas
Scholar
#13780 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GirlyGamer101
I want to start but the rules in my head won't allow me until I finish reading every single thing up to this page.. anyway while im reading this book I'd just like to say this looks like an awesome challenge, props to the creator and all the people who have/are done/doing it..

And on this day, GirlyGamer101 went missing, never to be seen again. May God's angels sing you to your eternal slumber.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Top Secret Researcher
#13781 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GirlyGamer101

Bless your heart

Just read the blog, then come here to ask for clarification on anything you're not clear on. You don't want to read 550+ pages, half of which is old updates and random chatter, and dozens of repeatings of the same questions Besides, it never hurts us (or lurking visitors to this thread) to have new rules discussions.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13782 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 3:59 AM
Does this mean we have to make a new thread again? To deter that sort of thing? xD
#13783 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 4:50 AM
Wait, there are rules?

Sneaking in to drop this off. Maybe things will get less busy and I can get caught up everywhere else soon. Miss you all!

Chapter 3.11- A Pitiless Yolk
In which Mariah makes some tough choices.

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find-
Secrets of the Sixkillers
A Random Legacy
Scholar
#13784 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 5:49 AM
Another piece of army life

1.2. Inspections

and why not reading? I've almost read both topics :D

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#13785 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 12:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MommyIce
Heaven, I've never used tumblr, so I'm pretty darn clueless! I am having so much fun reading your Are You the One challenge, though! Since I don't know how to leave a comment there, I just wanted to let you know here! Lol

Awww, thank you!

Disqus lets you leave comments (you can sign in with a couple different platforms: google, facebook, twitter, etc) but you have to be on the individual page for it to load rather than scrolling through the posts. On my theme, there is a slide out hover bar at the bottom of each post. You can click on either of the right side toggles (II - # of notes or III - date/time posted) to get to the individual post and that should load disqus.

Tumblr is a bit of a learning curve, especially since every theme can be different. I think I had my tumblr for at least a few months before I really starting posting.

When I get to where I am ready to start posting new updates, I may dual post for a little while rather than completely switching. I'm still toying with that in my head though.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
#13786 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 8:49 PM
I was able to work on a new update for my random legacy!

Things are getting serious... - It's been several weeks since Love Day and Haley is head over heels in love with Gage, hinting that he could move some stuff over if he wanted and reveling in her new "mature" relationship. Things are getting a little heated when Rachel accidentally interrupts!
Scholar
#13787 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 9:36 PM
Field Researcher
#13788 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 6:10 PM
*kicks away little tumbleweeds*
I'm doing rather well concerning updates (knock on wood) as I have yet another!:
Chapter 2.47 What Might Have Been
In which Alyssa meets the ghost of lovers past has a rather odd dream.

eternal trash x

Lab Assistant
#13789 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 3:00 PM
Update!

Chapter 2.4: Could It Be?

So sorry I've been off the radar. I'm just having a hard time finding time to play with everything else going on in my life. Busy season is almost done here though and then hopefully I'll be back to having some time.

~*Keyneky*~

-Also, I can kill you with my brain.-
Top Secret Researcher
#13790 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 7:00 PM
Yeah, I've been off the radar quite a bit lately too. Every day I stare longingly at my chapter draft for a few moments.

But after this week, the rest of the semester should be blessedly normal. Lots of other stuff going on, on top of classwork, and then this week is the second (and last, thankfully) 'monster' module in my biology class. This one is more than twice the work of a normal module, worse than even the one a few weeks ago. But at least this time I knew it was coming, so I was able to work ahead a bit through spring break to prepare. This one class is sooo much work, and unfortunately my mind is not as sharp as it was when I was younger, so it takes me a lot of time to get through it in such a manner that I actually understand and retain the material. It really frustrates me. And naturally I'm not willing to just settle for any passing grade, my OCD compels me to be thorough and excel. I have the highest grade in the class, and got a perfect score on the midterm, so at least all this work pays off.
Scholar
#13791 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 8:59 PM
Scholar
#13792 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 5:34 AM
third step on its way:
1.3. A little up and down

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
Field Researcher
#13793 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 7:05 PM
I have a question: I rolled living green and I want to start on the nature themed lot. I want to make a Chinese garden that doubles as a martial arts academy. Am I allowed to buy new objects for this (since the rule says I am not to enter into buy mode this generation) or should I just stick to solely a Chinese garden?
Field Researcher
#13794 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 10:15 PM
Marcy: Personally, I would say it's fine. I've never really played that roll so I've never really thought about that, but I think it would be fine to buy things like that for your Chinese garden.
I'm not sure if I'm right though, but that's just my take on it. Compared to the more cheaty things that have been done (me not being excluded, Alyssa's existence is cheaty enough as it is) so I think the martial arts objects will be more than fine

eternal trash x

Field Researcher
#13795 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 9:22 AM
Yeah, I can't imagine completing a park (or creating one from scratch) without entering buy mode. I interpret that rule as just don't enter buy mode to buy items for your house, but for the park should be ok. A Chinese and martial arts park sounds awesome, BTW!
Field Researcher
#13796 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 4:59 PM
Thanks guys, I finished it. It isn't spectacular or anything, but I like it. I managed to get it to 2 stars for once (usually I just make the lot and don't make money off of it because it never meets the requirements)
Lab Assistant
#13797 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 8:02 PM
Hey all, I thought I'd give legacy blogging another shot. Come read Play the Hand You're Dealt: Chapter 1 here

Also I'm going to try and start reading up on all of you guys's legacies too! I recently found a lot of time on my hands and obviously this seemed like the best choice for how to spend it. lol. I don't read stuff that's too NSFW or explicit, though, just fyi, if I don't read yours that's probably why.

Thanks!
-Mud
Scholar
#13798 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 9:27 PM
For some devious reason blogger becomes angry on me when I left and I cannot comment via wordpress >.> oh malicious google

fingers crossed Big Mud. And if something fails - rule, archivement, LTW, HDD - make this a point

(err... maybe not HDD on the 2nd thought)

Scholar
Original Poster
#13799 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 12:57 AM
Welcome back Mud! *offers tea* Stay a while! xD
Lab Assistant
#13800 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 1:23 AM
Haha, I plan on it

Thanks, guys!
Page 552 of 676