Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: HP Hogwarts Career Updated 01/03

by kaebaka Posted 2nd Jan 2005 at 12:37 AM - Updated 7th Jun 2006 at 1:32 PM by SuperFly

116 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 113 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
#76 Old 7th May 2005 at 10:52 AM
I think Harry Potter is absolutly ACE!!! I have got all the books and have read them all about 11 times. I have seen all the films and I am GOING TO get the new book!!
I can't wait to get started on with this career in the Sims!! Thanks, Kaebaka!!
Test Subject
#77 Old 9th May 2005 at 6:50 PM
I've read the books about 3 times each, and watched all the movies, can't wait until the 6th book comes out, & i hope the 4th movie is good.
Test Subject
#78 Old 9th May 2005 at 7:01 PM
I'm too a Harry Potter fan I have read all the books and seen all the movies until now.But can anyone tell me what is a Chance Card?
Fluffy
retired moderator
#79 Old 21st May 2005 at 6:24 PM
Warning: I'm gonna nag.
I love Harry Potter, and this career sounds wonderful.
The problem is, of course, that I have the EP.
Is there any chance of getting it upgraded? I'm willing to try myself. Can I get permission for that?

Danuka: a chance card is when your sim is at work and encounters a 'situation' and you have to choose what he/she does. One answer is bad, like getting the sim fired, the other can get him/her promoted, or give extra skill points.
#80 Old 29th May 2005 at 2:53 PM
Default i read alot
Quote: Originally posted by SimFeliz
I didn't discover the series till about a month ago. I fell in love with it, and I'm 22. Have watched all the movies, up to the second book. I will have to test this out.
I discovered them in Second grade but I am only in fourth and read up to number 4 in one year the fourth is looooong!
Test Subject
#81 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 4:45 PM
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is gonna be awesome!
Test Subject
#82 Old 7th Jun 2005 at 11:38 AM
Hi kaebaka, i'm gonna download this because I want to see how a house elf becomes a headmaster
I love Harry Potter, but the HP movies are soooo stupid!
Test Subject
#83 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 4:51 AM
cool but i think u should have to build up maybe a few logic and cleaning skills for the teen prefect. cool tho!
Test Subject
#84 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 4:15 AM
Oh, thanks so much! This is fabulous and exactly what I wanted!
#85 Old 7th Jul 2005 at 7:42 PM
Slamin going to dl right away!
Test Subject
#86 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 6:41 PM
Can't wait to try it out.

He was said to have the body of a twenty-five year old, although no one knew where he kept it.
-- The Life and Times of Corporal Nobbs (Terry Pratchett, Men at Arms)
Test Subject
#87 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 2:53 AM
Awesome thanks, I'll test it asap :D
#88 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 3:30 AM
Sigh. Be EP ready!!!! *whines*

No, not really. I have more patience than that. But I am really excited to try this career and hope it does eentually become EP ready.
Test Subject
#89 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 5:09 PM
Who knows, maybe they'll make a hogwarts expansion.
#90 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 4:34 AM
I think it would be cool to have not a teen career, but an actual school like private school. Shmooze with Dumbledore!
Test Subject
#91 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 10:33 AM
does this give lifetime wants?
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#92 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 10:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bryonyhall
does this give lifetime wants?

No, it will not appear in a sims lifetime wants because it does not overwrite a Maxis career.
Test Subject
#93 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 4:57 AM
i love the harry potter book i just got the 6th one and im lovein it but i have to say that the movies to me were disappointing to me but i love this career thanx so much for makin it
Test Subject
#94 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 11:54 AM
hey, i read the harrry potter and the half-blood prince! it was rather disappointing though,
#95 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BoaConstrictor
Othello, were you trying to translate job-levels? Why do you want to turn an elf into a maid, a gamekeeper into a janitor/caretaker and the caretaker into a social worker? Also the Sportlehrer should still be an umpire for quidditch. Since Hogwarts is a school and not University the Headmaster should still litterarily remain a Direktor. I'd go for Aushilfslehrer, Professor, Hausvorstand (There must be a specific name for those Profs in charge of the respective houses, but I can't remember...)

Sorry, that has nothing to do with knowing or not knowing HP - I don't know a lot about it myself.

HOWEVER, :-), I know that I'd like to have that for the EP! Any chance?

Well, I am from Germany and checked everything in my books.
It schoul be:
Hauself
Wildhüter/Hüter der Schlüssel
Hausmeister
Bibliothekar
Quidditchschiedsrichter
Aushilfslehrer
Professor
Hauslehrer
Stellvertretender Schulleiter
Schulleiter

And for the teenagers:
Vertrauensschüler
Schulsprecher

I hope that helps. ^^
#96 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 3:02 PM
You can use custom outfits as long as they have GUIDs
great job with the carriers
Instructor
#97 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 7:46 PM
pleaaase, can someone can make the ep version, please don't give up this carrer thank you!
Test Subject
#98 Old 16th Aug 2005 at 11:12 PM
I downloaded this because i thought it was awsome but i had to uninstall it becasue sims2 wouldnt let me play my characters then after i uninstalled this it worked. is there a version that might work for me?
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 18th Aug 2005 at 2:59 PM
I haven't had any problems with your career so far. Though I have a suggestion to better it, if someone out there can do the program aspect. I think that it should start teens: 1st year, then Prefect, then Headboy/girl.

I would change it so you start the career as maybe a "Hogwarts Certified Wand Carrier", then the gamekeeper, caretaker, referee,(or even my favorite, an Auror), then Professor, Head of House, Deputy Headmaster, Headmaster (this order is fine), but then go to Undersecretary to the Minister, then Minister of Magic, as that seems to be the highest career in the books.

But anyway, I love this career for allowing me to have a Harry Potter reference in my Sims. Thank you!!
#100 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 5:08 AM
can some1 pls pls pls make this career EP compatible. i <3 harry potter so much, makes out with book 6
Page 4 of 5