Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 8:11 PM
Default Eyes and other CC?
Hi i would just like to know if sims 3 eyes can be used in TSM. i tried looking for CC for the game but i couldn't find anything same with hair and clothes.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aya_Alexa
Hi i would just like to know if sims 3 eyes can be used in TSM. i tried looking for CC for the game but i couldn't find anything same with hair and clothes.

It's a bit lacking in the CAS cc you're looking for.
If you click to sort by downloads you'll find cc, it's mostly mods.

Shimrod's made a lot of unlockers for the armors, rogue outfit, wings, kids clothing, crowns for everyone etc.

SimModder99 made the servants outfits available in CAS.

Vidov made the nude body available as a clothing item and a goatee and the male burned outfit with the skintone cleaned up.

Grim made one of the male monarch's outfits with cloak with the cloak longer. The length really is an improvement on the games version. The download is in his meshing tutorial.

I converted Flajko's contacts for use in TSM, but yes any TS3 contact should be able to be used. Shady's pure eyes should be good, they look about the same size as the TSM eyes, and there's a version with only the iris. Contacts can sometimes leave the white of the eye looking really dark in certain lights, so anything that's just the iris would be ideal to convert.

There's a couple of re-textured clothing items in the 'Forsaken Mods' thread, using the 2 burnt outfit meshes from the game, they've been made without color channels though, so what you see is literally what you get. I would've made other things but I use psp7 and it's very fussy about what dds files it will open, and converting to another format and back again isn't always ideal. The burnt hair cleaned up and unlocked is also in that thread.

As for hair, you can scale TS3 hair down in milkshape to fit TSM heads. Clothes can be re-scaled too, but the textures won't always be what you were expecting.

I'd really love to see an experienced mesher take an interest in TSM, or even for a TS3 mesher to just rescale a second version of a mesh they're making to TSM sizes so we can have stuff too. I don't think it's likely to happen though :*(
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 12:05 AM
will try and check out some of those mods.

aww so i have to convert and resize clothes and hair myself isn't that hard? i'm not even someone who is good at this things.

and i agree i wish they do take interest in making CC for TSM. i have TS3 and 4 other EP's but my computer can't handle them anymore so i decided to uninstall them. then after a few months i missed playing the game which led me to TSM decided to try it out and i'm enjoying it so far. sadly i'm not enjoying how they look, and with this few options to choose from i just feel so limited.
Scholar
#4 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 8:30 AM
will try and check out some of those mods.

aww so i have to convert and resize clothes and hair myself isn't that hard? i'm not even someone who is good at this things.

and i agree i wish they do take interest in making CC for TSM. i have TS3 and 4 other EP's but my computer can't handle them anymore so i decided to uninstall them. then after a few months i missed playing the game which led me to TSM decided to try it out and i'm enjoying it so far. sadly i'm not enjoying how they look, and with this few options to choose from i just feel so limited.

You need the version of milkshape that you have to buy. If you have custom hair that's been made small it can be passable for TSM, although still not ideal, but you wouldn't have to mess around with milkshape to use it.
I have TS3, all EP's and 2 of the stuff packs, but I found after Supernatural that when I'm in buy mode it crashes, either while I'm in it or within a few minutes of leaving it.
I'm stunned that you play TS3 and don't like how TSM sims look.
The thing I hate most about TS3 is the look of them. I've played The Sims since TS1 Livin Large, but the look of TS3 sims put me off, I find CAS depressing, even with cc, and CAS was always the thing I enjoyed most in sims games. TSM sims on the other hand, I think have been beautifully done. I'm hoping TS4 sims look the same way.
I ported a TSM sim into TS3 and with a load of cc and a year of tweaking he's beginning to look a little more normal (he's been through about 21 versions now lol), which led me to finally want to play TS3 more, but now I crash a lot so it's not possible . I'm hoping Seasons fixes my problem.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 9:58 AM
but even if i do get milkshape i wouldn't know how to work it. is there a tutorial on how to resize hair in milkshape? also i wouldn't know how to convert stuff from TS3 into TSM. do you know of any other website that has custom hair?

well if we're talking about the whole CAS then i would say TSM looks better since the backdrop is beautifully decorated while TS3 looks very empty. the Sims on the other hand i just feel like i have more power in TS3 especially with slider mods and alot of CC since i can create the look i want, in TSM there are already premade faces and the lack of CC doesn't help either. I was just sad when i found out that people aren't making any CC for TSM.
Scholar
#6 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 11:23 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 1st Oct 2012 at 1:14 PM.
but even if i do get milkshape i wouldn't know how to work it. is there a tutorial on how to resize hair in milkshape? also i wouldn't know how to convert stuff from TS3 into TSM. do you know of any other website that has custom hair?.

A tutorial? Not a proper tutorial but there are a couple of threads talking about it.
Aside from MTS and Shimrod's site, I don't know of any other that offers downloads for TSM. My site has 3 non-barbie skintones available just now (I didn't finish the set because of the whole conversion problem. The ones people were originally using, the creator isn't around anymore and the link for them is dead, so I uploaded the 3 I'd made as a better than nothing thing for the people that didn't have any at all) I never got round to putting anything else on the site, because it's more convenient to put stuff here, but I was hoping to upload some sims to it at some point since it's the only thing I haven't put up here.
As far as I'm aware, for hair you resize it on the x, y and z axis by 95%, update your morphs and that's pretty much it. Don't quote me on that though. I took the info posted by Silverprinz on another thread.
I've never tried it out, and looking at the scale options I don't see an option for doing it by percent, but I don't know my way round milkshape so it's highly likely that I missed something. I've only edited a couple of meshes, and I've edited them more by luck than judgement lol
well if we're talking about the whole CAS then i would say TSM looks better since the backdrop is beautifully decorated while TS3 looks very empty. the Sims on the other hand i just feel like i have more power in TS3 especially with slider mods and alot of CC since i can create the look i want, in TSM there are already premade faces and the lack of CC doesn't help either. I was just sad when i found out that people aren't making any CC for TSM

Really !? I'm still going to blink at you
This is my ported sim, the TS3 one has cc shaders, sliders, skintone, contacts, eyebrows, lip color, converted hair, I don't think there's anything left on him that's an original TS3 feature (except his outfit). To be fair I like him in CAS but then those awful game lights hit him and immediately he's back to being a huge freak, which makes me wonder what the point of going to that effort in cas was even for. Whereas the original TSM sim, has no cc at all except the hair on his chest, this is what can be made using only what's available in the game, and the in game lighting keeps him looking as intended.
I still think there's no comparison between the 2 games, especially when TSM sims don't even need the huge amounts of cc to look decent.

but yes, I think the game has much more potential than people gave it credit for, so it's sad that no-one made cc for CAS, especially if rescaling the TS3 meshes is as simple as it sounded. It sounds like it would only add a couple of minutes onto the time it took to make the mesh for TS3, to save a second version that was workable with TSM. For the hair at least. I think the clothing is a whole different thing.

Oh, Shimrod had multiplier sliders available a while back. I assume they still work with P&N. I never saw a need to use them so I don't know how much they multiplied the slider scales by.
Delphy's height and breast sliders work with TSM, so perhaps some of the other TS3 sliders will work too, I've never tried any others so I don't actually know, and I don't know if there's a limit to how many sliders you can have.
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
A tutorial? Not a proper tutorial but there are a couple of threads talking about it.
Aside from MTS and Shimrod's site, I don't know of any other that offers downloads for TSM. My site has 3 non-barbie skintones available just now (I didn't finish the set because of the whole conversion problem. The ones people were originally using, the creator isn't around anymore and the link for them is dead, so I uploaded the 3 I'd made as a better than nothing thing for the people that didn't have any at all) I never got round to putting anything else on the site, because it's more convenient to put stuff here, but I was hoping to upload some sims to it at some point since it's the only thing I haven't put up here.
As far as I'm aware, for hair you resize it on the x, y and z axis by 95%, update your morphs and that's pretty much it. Don't quote me on that though. I took the info posted by Silverprinz on another thread.
I've never tried it out, and looking at the scale options I don't see an option for doing it by percent, but I don't know my way round milkshape so it's highly likely that I missed something. I've only edited a couple of meshes, and I've edited them more by luck than judgement lol

this is the only place i know. I tried searching for websites that has TSM CC but this is the only place that actually talks about it. can you link me to your website and Shimrod's so i can check them out?

and same here i don't know my way around milkshape too, i don't even know how to work the basics in it or how to edit meshes. it would be hard understanding things without a proper tutorial on how to do things.

Really !? I'm still going to blink at you
This is my ported sim, the TS3 one has cc shaders, sliders, skintone, contacts, eyebrows, lip color, converted hair, I don't think there's anything left on him that's an original TS3 feature (except his outfit). To be fair I like him in CAS but then those awful game lights hit him and immediately he's back to being a huge freak, which makes me wonder what the point of going to that effort in cas was even for. Whereas the original TSM sim, has no cc at all except the hair on his chest, this is what can be made using only what's available in the game, and the in game lighting keeps him looking as intended.
I still think there's no comparison between the 2 games, especially when TSM sims don't even need the huge amounts of cc to look decent.

hey your sim actually looks goodlooking in those screenies. I do agree that TSM has a better face compared to TS3 but i don't know in-game i just feel so flat when playing. i just hate the base game choices in CAS, there's just something i don't like about them. i want more choices when playing.

but yes, I think the game has much more potential than people gave it credit for, so it's sad that no-one made cc for CAS, especially if rescaling the TS3 meshes is as simple as it sounded. It sounds like it would only add a couple of minutes onto the time it took to make the mesh for TS3, to save a second version that was workable with TSM. For the hair at least. I think the clothing is a whole different thing.

I agree, I guess the game is not that popular. I just wish someone would be kind enough to convert stuff and make CC for the game. If only i have the skill to make CC i would have already.

I also wish another adventure pack will be released for this game. new items and new quest would just be amazing.

Oh, Shimrod had multiplier sliders available a while back. I assume they still work with P&N. I never saw a need to use them so I don't know how much they multiplied the slider scales by.
Delphy's height and breast sliders work with TSM, so perhaps some of the other TS3 sliders will work too, I've never tried any others so I don't actually know, and I don't know if there's a limit to how many sliders you can have.

will try and experiment with some of the sliders that are downloadable here in MTS. i'm just scared it might crash my game and i would need to un install and re-install the game.
Scholar
#8 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 3:11 PM
this is the only place i know. I tried searching for websites that has TSM CC but this is the only place that actually talks about it. can you link me to your website and Shimrod's so i can check them out?

Shimrod's stuff is at http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...-medieval-mods/

My site is at
http://www.forsakensims.webspace.virginmedia.com/
but there's really nothing there except a few pics of stuff, and the 3 skintones I mentioned before.
The site was in the very early stages of being made and I only uploaded it at all for the skintones since they can't be put here.
and same here i don't know my way around milkshape too, i don't even know how to work the basics in it or how to edit meshes. it would be hard understanding things without a proper tutorial on how to do things.

Grim has a tutorial that covers the basics of how to actually get the mesh into milkshape and back out in to your game, which is the part that's hard to find elsewhere, the part that's strictly for beginners. He also made a program to extract what you need from the build files.
For the rest of the info on how to use milkshape, if you can find a good TS3 tutorial it will be the same method for editing the TSM meshes.
Grim's tutorial is here : http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=457495
CmarNYC also did a tutorial 'for dummies' which will probably be good, I've bookmarked it but have yet to read over it properly, it's here if you're interested though:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=397260
hey your sim actually looks goodlooking in those screenies. I do agree that TSM has a better face compared to TS3 but i don't know in-game i just feel so flat when playing. i just hate the base game choices in CAS, there's just something i don't like about them. i want more choices when playing.

Which version of him, the TSM one or the TS3 one?
I'd love more choice too, especially for long female hair, which should be easy to do in milkshape, but I open milkshape, am immediately intimidated and then I'm not enjoying myself so I give up with it quicker than I would other things. I wish, since there wasn't a huge amount of choice to begin with, that the hats had at least been made as separate from the hair, to allow uniqueness among the hatted sims, or at least allow you to keep the hair style you chose for a particular sim when you put a hat on them, but the detailing on stuff and the texturing is nice so I don't mind too much. I'd rather have the hats as they are than not have them at all.
I agree, I guess the game is not that popular. I just wish someone would be kind enough to convert stuff and make CC for the game. If only i have the skill to make CC i would have already.

I know, I agree, I'm going to ask Santa for that this year lol.
I would've made more re-textures but my paint program hates dds files. It also won't let me make color channels properly. The only way I can get a channel to work in the game is to first make it transparent, which is probably something I've missed rather than the prog, but I've tried loads of times and got nothing for it, then as soon as I make it transparent it works. I don't really want all my clothing items to be transparent though lol, so I made them with no color channels instead.
I also wish another adventure pack will be released for this game. new items and new quest would just be amazing.

Oh yeah, this is definitely on my Santa list too =)
You can edit the quest text in the stbl files. It wouldn't be a new quest as such but you can change all the narrative and dialogue which would feel new for a while. There must be a way to change items used and places visited, sims talked to etc, but I haven't looked for where that info might be. I'm going to guess that doing that would be above my capabilities though.
will try and experiment with some of the sliders that are downloadable here in MTS. i'm just scared it might crash my game and i would need to un install and re-install the game.

I'm weird about what I will and won't try in my game too. Even though I've got everything backed up, I still don't want to take the chance that I'll bork it completely.

Oh I forgot to mention before that Grim made more realistic male and female parts *cough...shifty look* with sliders for the male part....don't know if you want a link to those or not? You can PM me if you do, I realize I just kind of put you on the spot there. Sorry.
Or you can do a search for them at SexySims2.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 6:46 PM
Shimrod's stuff is at http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...-medieval-mods/

My site is at
http://www.forsakensims.webspace.virginmedia.com/
but there's really nothing there except a few pics of stuff, and the 3 skintones I mentioned before.
The site was in the very early stages of being made and I only uploaded it at all for the skintones since they can't be put here.

aww shimrod's website gives me an error message. and i like your website even though there are only a few. i wish you could upload some of your works in there for TSM someday.

Grim has a tutorial that covers the basics of how to actually get the mesh into milkshape and back out in to your game, which is the part that's hard to find elsewhere, the part that's strictly for beginners. He also made a program to extract what you need from the build files.
For the rest of the info on how to use milkshape, if you can find a good TS3 tutorial it will be the same method for editing the TSM meshes.
Grim's tutorial is here : http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=457495
CmarNYC also did a tutorial 'for dummies' which will probably be good, I've bookmarked it but have yet to read over it properly, it's here if you're interested though:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=397260

I checked the tutorials out and they are really hard to take in. I totally have no idea what some of the terms mean. aren't there any specific tutorials on resizing hair? I don't plan on doing anything about the clothes i think i can live with just converter hair and maybe a few eyes.

speaking of eyes how do i convert them? i saw some instructions on converting hair on one of the threads here which i will try out if i do find a time. but i don't know about eyes.

Which version of him, the TSM one or the TS3 one?
I'd love more choice too, especially for long female hair, which should be easy to do in milkshape, but I open milkshape, am immediately intimidated and then I'm not enjoying myself so I give up with it quicker than I would other things. I wish, since there wasn't a huge amount of choice to begin with, that the hats had at least been made as separate from the hair, to allow uniqueness among the hatted sims, or at least allow you to keep the hair style you chose for a particular sim when you put a hat on them, but the detailing on stuff and the texturing is nice so I don't mind too much. I'd rather have the hats as they are than not have them at all.

the TSM one. I do find him better looking than the TS3 version. I agree i would love more long female hair. when i first saw the boxart of the game i really expected a hair that looks exactly like the one's in the boxart and what a big appointment that was. And i agree, i wish they added it as an accessories category instead, for use with different hair that would be nice but sadly they did not. same with the shoes if only they made them separate we might be getting some CC for clothes and shoes right now.

I know, I agree, I'm going to ask Santa for that this year lol.
I would've made more re-textures but my paint program hates dds files. It also won't let me make color channels properly. The only way I can get a channel to work in the game is to first make it transparent, which is probably something I've missed rather than the prog, but I've tried loads of times and got nothing for it, then as soon as I make it transparent it works. I don't really want all my clothing items to be transparent though lol, so I made them with no color channels instead.

same here! wishing...

and gawd im jealous atleast you have the skill to do some custom made stuff. as for me i wouldn't have the time and the patience to do those things or even learn it and it frustrates me. with sims 3 i could just wait for a talented creator to do something then i can just simple download it and put it in my game but now it's really a pain when you don't have anything and the only option you have is make it yourself.

Oh yeah, this is definitely on my Santa list too =)
You can edit the quest text in the stbl files. It wouldn't be a new quest as such but you can change all the narrative and dialogue which would feel new for a while. There must be a way to change items used and places visited, sims talked to etc, but I haven't looked for where that info might be. I'm going to guess that doing that would be above my capabilities though.

same! i just wish santa can here us and grant our wishes.

I'm weird about what I will and won't try in my game too. Even though I've got everything backed up, I still don't want to take the chance that I'll bork it completely.

Oh I forgot to mention before that Grim made more realistic male and female parts *cough...shifty look* with sliders for the male part....don't know if you want a link to those or not? You can PM me if you do, I realize I just kind of put you on the spot there. Sorry.
Or you can do a search for them at SexySims2.

no it's ok i actually would love to know where to get those. aslo maybe a nude patch. the pixels irritate me. anyway are there default skintone replacements yet or is it not possible?
Scholar
#10 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 11:25 PM
aww shimrod's website gives me an error message. and i like your website even though there are only a few. i wish you could upload some of your works in there for TSM someday.

You have to be a member at Sim Asylum, forgot to mention that. Is there no button to create an account?
I will upload the stuff someday, just never seems to be enough time in the day
I checked the tutorials out and they are really hard to take in. I totally have no idea what some of the terms mean. aren't there any specific tutorials on resizing hair? I don't plan on doing anything about the clothes i think i can live with just converter hair and maybe a few eyes.

I know what you mean, it 's like a whole other language huh?
I haven't looked for a tutorial on resizing hair, but since you don't need to do that for TS3 and there are none here, I'd guess no.
speaking of eyes how do i convert them? i saw some instructions on converting hair on one of the threads here which i will try out if i do find a time. but i don't know about eyes.

You need s3pe. Click the casp file, click grid, change the category type to blush (since the females have blush on a slider anyway I find it the best one to use) enable it for all the professions, and npcs etc if you want them to have a chance of spawning with the eyes. Save it to your packages folder, check it works. Work on copies of the TS3 cc though, not on the original.
Oh you'll need the CASPart wrapper from here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=440984
the TSM one. I do find him better looking than the TS3 version. I agree i would love more long female hair. when i first saw the boxart of the game i really expected a hair that looks exactly like the one's in the boxart and what a big appointment that was. And i agree, i wish they added it as an accessories category instead, for use with different hair that would be nice but sadly they did not. same with the shoes if only they made them separate we might be getting some CC for clothes and shoes right now.

Oh yeah, If I ever see this TSM guy in real life, the chances are high that I'll wrestle him to the ground and drag him home with me.....after I've picked myself up from my swooning and covered up my swooning embarassment by distracting him with my wrestling moves of course
I had to go look at the box art, at first I thought maybe it depends on your graphics card, but I see on the original cover one of the girls has lovely fly away hair and the blonde guys hair is more defined, so these are probably the fully rendered 3D sims. The actual look is on the back which is using shots from the game. I don't know of any game that has hair that fine and hair like though.
same here! wishing...
and gawd im jealous atleast you have the skill to do some custom made stuff. as for me i wouldn't have the time and the patience to do those things or even learn it and it frustrates me. with sims 3 i could just wait for a talented creator to do something then i can just simple download it and put it in my game but now it's really a pain when you don't have anything and the only option you have is make it yourself.

I'd really like to learn how to mesh properly, but as you noticed it's like a 2nd language most of the time. The best way I think is to learn as you go and pick up the language as you go too, but that also requires time
Skinning is more learnable than meshing, and you can use the already existing meshes for that so no need to worry about milkshape or learning a 2nd language
no it's ok i actually would love to know where to get those. aslo maybe a nude patch. the pixels irritate me. anyway are there default skintone replacements yet or is it not possible?

Grim's core has censor options in it for removing the pixels. I discovered the other night that it doesn't remove the pixels from breastfeeding. I was using another censor up till a few days ago.
The male replacement mesh is here http://www.sexysims2.com/showthread.php?t=173721There's a link to the female one at the bottom of the post, just above the download.
The 3 skins on my site are default replacements (only for 3 of the tones though, it's not 3 sets of skins)
Samko has a full female set in this forum somewhere, I haven't used them so I don't know what they're like in game.
Tummyza's skins for the guys are really nice, you can download them from this thread
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438701
The censor I was using is also in that thread, which removes the censor from the breastfeeding too.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 11:22 PM Last edited by Aya_Alexa : 3rd Oct 2012 at 3:07 AM.
You have to be a member at Sim Asylum, forgot to mention that. Is there no button to create an account?
I will upload the stuff someday, just never seems to be enough time in the day

yeah found it. I already made an account.

I know what you mean, it 's like a whole other language huh?
I haven't looked for a tutorial on resizing hair, but since you don't need to do that for TS3 and there are none here, I'd guess no.

yeah its painful to read especially for me a none modder.

who do you think i can ask help from about resizing hair? maybe i can send them a message or something and hope that they will have the time to explain to me how to do the resizing.

You need s3pe. Click the casp file, click grid, change the category type to blush (since the females have blush on a slider anyway I find it the best one to use) enable it for all the professions, and npcs etc if you want them to have a chance of spawning with the eyes. Save it to your packages folder, check it works. Work on copies of the TS3 cc though, not on the original.
Oh you'll need the CASPart wrapper from here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=440984

ok will try that out. i think i already downloaded S3PE before but will check the link out to see if there are any updated version so i won't be out of date.

Edit: i tried converting a few eyes and out of the 7 eyes i downloaded and converted only 1 came out in-game. that was a bit depressing i really wanted those dragon eyes to work with my evil monarch. anyway have you tried converting lipsticks, eyeliners and eyeshadows? if yes could you point me to some that work so i can convert them myself. also if you know about any fantasy eyes that can work in game please link me to them too so i can start converting.

Oh yeah, If I ever see this TSM guy in real life, the chances are high that I'll wrestle him to the ground and drag him home with me.....after I've picked myself up from my swooning and covered up my swooning embarassment by distracting him with my wrestling moves of course
I had to go look at the box art, at first I thought maybe it depends on your graphics card, but I see on the original cover one of the girls has lovely fly away hair and the blonde guys hair is more defined, so these are probably the fully rendered 3D sims. The actual look is on the back which is using shots from the game. I don't know of any game that has hair that fine and hair like though.

lol yeah might just do the same thing. like come on how mant times do you see a man that good looking.

yeah those are the hair i'm talking about they are just gorge, but when we start playing and go in-game to check it out. I mean i'm not really expecting something like that with the flying away thing but i was thinking that the wavy long hair on both female will be available in game.

Grim's core has censor options in it for removing the pixels. I discovered the other night that it doesn't remove the pixels from breastfeeding. I was using another censor up till a few days ago.
The male replacement mesh is here http://www.sexysims2.com/showthread.php?t=173721There's a link to the female one at the bottom of the post, just above the download.
The 3 skins on my site are default replacements (only for 3 of the tones though, it's not 3 sets of skins)
Samko has a full female set in this forum somewhere, I haven't used them so I don't know what they're like in game.
Tummyza's skins for the guys are really nice, you can download them from this thread
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438701
The censor I was using is also in that thread, which removes the censor from the breastfeeding too.

ok thank you for the links. and will those custom skins work with the male replacement mesh or does that come with it's own default skin replacement?

#12 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 8:31 AM
yeah its painful to read especially for me a none modder.

I have a vague understanding of most of the terms used and it's painful for me to read as well lol
who do you think i can ask help from about resizing hair? maybe i can send them a message or something and hope that they will have the time to explain to me how to do the resizing.

I'm not sure. You could always try posting in Grim's tutorial thread and see if he replies.
i tried converting a few eyes and out of the 7 eyes i downloaded and converted only 1 came out in-game. that was a bit depressing i really wanted those dragon eyes to work with my evil monarch. anyway have you tried converting lipsticks, eyeliners and eyeshadows? if yes could you point me to some that work so i can convert them myself. also if you know about any fantasy eyes that can work in game please link me to them too so i can start converting.

I think the games eyes are lovely as they are, and only felt the need to convert a few to combat the blue eyed bug. Most TS3 eyes are ridiculously large, but flajko's are a nice size. Shady's look a nice size too with the added benefit of being just the iris, so the whites won't darken in game, but my blue eyed bug seems to have disappeared completely so contacts stopped interesting me. I do still use Flajkos for Angels etc since the whites can be colored too.
What dragon eyes? I haven't seen those.
Lipsticks I converted a couple of Peggy's, I later deleted them, but I don't remember why. Could be that they overlapped the lip area, or the texture came out weird. And no to both the eyeliner and eyeshadow. I keep meaning to for the novelty value, but I rarely use the makeup since I don't think they need it.
lol yeah might just do the same thing. like come on how mant times do you see a man that good looking.

Bwahaha, I like you
yeah those are the hair i'm talking about they are just gorge, but when we start playing and go in-game to check it out. I mean i'm not really expecting something like that with the flying away thing but i was thinking that the wavy long hair on both female will be available in game.

They are in the game, only not as luscious looking. The 2 male ones look about the same though.
ok thank you for the links. and will those custom skins work with the male replacement mesh or does that come with it's own default skin replacement?

Grim's male mesh was made with that skintone in mind so yes it will work with it.

My 3 female ones are made to fit the female replacement mesh....well, as close as I could get them too.
I put a couple of the skintones that were available before he made the mesh back into my game, and they don't fit it, and then with Delphy's breast sliders it became painfully obvious that the ni****s on the skintone were a completely different size from each other.
I don't recall if I tested mine with the sliders, will need to take a look later.
The other skintones were made before Grim's mesh though, and before sliders were used.
They do look great if the sliders aren't used with them.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 2:29 PM
I have a vague understanding of most of the terms used and it's painful for me to read as well lol

I'm not sure. You could always try posting in Grim's tutorial thread and see if he replies.

lol yeah i feel like a need to learn modders language first before going through those tutorials. and ok i will try that i just wish he's still an active poster here.
I think the games eyes are lovely as they are, and only felt the need to convert a few to combat the blue eyed bug. Most TS3 eyes are ridiculously large, but flajko's are a nice size. Shady's look a nice size too with the added benefit of being just the iris, so the whites won't darken in game, but my blue eyed bug seems to have disappeared completely so contacts stopped interesting me. I do still use Flajkos for Angels etc since the whites can be colored too.
What dragon eyes? I haven't seen those.
Lipsticks I converted a couple of Peggy's, I later deleted them, but I don't remember why. Could be that they overlapped the lip area, or the texture came out weird. And no to both the eyeliner and eyeshadow. I keep meaning to for the novelty value, but I rarely use the makeup since I don't think they need it.

the dragon eyes are actually downloadable from here since this is where i got them. and yeah i tried converting lipsticks and they ended up showing up in my sims chin which was really disappointing since i wanted that lipstick. same with the eye shadow it ended up like really huge eyebugs on my sims. eyeliner on the other hand i haven't much of a success for one showing up in-game.
Scholar
#14 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 12:42 AM
i tried converting lipsticks and they ended up showing up in my sims chin which was really disappointing since i wanted that lipstick. same with the eye shadow it ended up like really huge eyebugs on my sims. eyeliner on the other hand i haven't much of a success for one showing up in-game.

I never had that problem with the lipstick...if you know how to use a paint program, you can open a TSM lipstick and layer the one you're after over that in the correct position (and also scale the one you want down if it's larger). Save it keeping the file name of the one you want and add it back into the package.
Yeah the standard TS3 eyes are large anyway, then some of the contacts are even larger. Stick to the ones that look to be the same size of iris, and they should look fine. Fantasy type eyes will probably be ok though.
I don't think I ever tried getting eyeliner to show.
Scholar
#15 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 11:59 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 5th Oct 2012 at 9:42 AM. Reason: didn't realize the cas eye pic was so scarily large :O cropped it again
i tried converting a few eyes and out of the 7 eyes i downloaded and converted only 1 came out in-game. that was a bit depressing i really wanted those dragon eyes to work with my evil monarch. anyway have you tried converting lipsticks, eyeliners and eyeshadows? if yes could you point me to some that work so i can convert them myself. also if you know about any fantasy eyes that can work in game please link me to them too so i can start converting.

The dragon eyes you were trying to convert, were they made by Kiara24?
They were the only ones that came up when I did a search.

In CAS (I put them to the brightest shade of red so you can see the pupil clearer):

The problem is that there's no color channels on it. All I can get are varying shades of red.

I tried making the eyes from the witcher a while back, but I couldn't get the color channels to work so I ended up deleting them. The only shots I have are side on, since I tried making Geralt too, but was never happy with how he looked from the front.

This is the actual eye from the Witcher 2, so you can see what it looks like front on.
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 7:08 PM
I never had that problem with the lipstick...if you know how to use a paint program, you can open a TSM lipstick and layer the one you're after over that in the correct position (and also scale the one you want down if it's larger). Save it keeping the file name of the one you want and add it back into the package.

yeah i know the basics of photoshop maybe i can do that. but how exactly do you open a TSM lipstick so i can edit it? same with the TS3 package file.

Yeah the standard TS3 eyes are large anyway, then some of the contacts are even larger. Stick to the ones that look to be the same size of iris, and they should look fine. Fantasy type eyes will probably be ok though.
I don't think I ever tried getting eyeliner to show.

yeah eyeliner is a pain. i have given up on trying one to show up.
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 7:21 PM
The dragon eyes you were trying to convert, were they made by Kiara24?
They were the only ones that came up when I did a search.

In CAS (I put them to the brightest shade of red so you can see the pupil clearer):

The problem is that there's no color channels on it. All I can get are varying shades of red.

I tried making the eyes from the witcher a while back, but I couldn't get the color channels to work so I ended up deleting them. The only shots I have are side on, since I tried making Geralt too, but was ever happy with how he looked from the front.

yeah that's the one, how did you make it show in-game? i tried it 2 times and it never showed up. I feel like i'm doing everything wrong.

so it only works with diffrent shades of red?
Scholar
#18 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 7:56 AM
yeah i know the basics of photoshop maybe i can do that. but how exactly do you open a TSM lipstick so i can edit it? same with the TS3 package file.
yeah eyeliner is a pain. i have given up on trying one to show up.

The TS3 package will open with S3PE.
The TSM files are in the game build packages in
c:\program files\electronic arts\the sims medieval\gamedata\shared\packages (assuming your install is in the default location)

Shimrod has a thread here about which order to check the game data packages in.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=439468
Make sure to make a copy of these packages to sift through elsewhere, and leave the ones in the game folder alone.
They can be opened with S3PE as well.
Scholar
#19 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 8:13 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 5th Oct 2012 at 9:34 AM.
yeah that's the one, how did you make it show in-game? i tried it 2 times and it never showed up. I feel like i'm doing everything wrong.

so it only works with diffrent shades of red?

I just converted it. There must be a tag you missed somewhere.

Yeah, only red shows up. There are another 4 colors in the package, which could be made to show
I think the reason they're not showing is that in TS3 these would all appear in a single line, since the accessories use the same display format as the clothing. In TSM there is no line to 'add to' so each color would have to be extracted and be made the main color in the xml entries, and then packaged separately for them all to show.
She does say that they can be tinted to different shades of the color, I checked after I saw the different colors in the package, since if there were color channels on it then there'd be no need to include the 5 colors in the download, so I think the red is working as intended. I haven't seen it in TS3 so I don't really know what the difference is to the original if there is one.
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 7:59 AM
I just converted it. There must be a tag you missed somewhere.

Yeah, only red shows up. There are another 4 colors in the package, which could be made to show
I think the reason they're not showing is that in TS3 these would all appear in a single line, since the accessories use the same display format as the clothing. In TSM there is no line to 'add to' so each color would have to be extracted and be made the main color in the xml entries, and then packaged separately for them all to show.
She does say that they can be tinted to different shades of the color, I checked after I saw the different colors in the package, since if there were color channels on it then there'd be no need to include the 5 colors in the download, so I think the red is working as intended. I haven't seen it in TS3 so I don't really know what the difference is to the original if there is one.

yeah got it. i forgot to do the resource thing after editing everything on the grid panel. I got it to show up and i played around with the colors but i can't get it to a color that satisfies me so i removed it right away. never tried looking into the package files though.

I also found a replacement for it. they are cat eyes though not dragon eyes. also it has smaller pupils compared to the dragon eyes.

Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 8:03 AM
The TS3 package will open with S3PE.
The TSM files are in the game build packages in
c:\program files\electronic arts\the sims medieval\gamedata\shared\packages (assuming your install is in the default location)

Shimrod has a thread here about which order to check the game data packages in.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=439468
Make sure to make a copy of these packages to sift through elsewhere, and leave the ones in the game folder alone.
They can be opened with S3PE as well.

ok will check that out and try playing around with it, will post results if ever i will be having a problem or if i'm successful.
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 7:01 AM
I can't use patterns in CAS. am i the only one having this problem? my patterns are empty in CAS.
Scholar
#23 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 2:48 PM
I can't use patterns in CAS. am i the only one having this problem? my patterns are empty in CAS.

They never wanted you to have patterns in CAS which I've never understood.
With just the base game there was a workaround where you could add the pattern as a favorite in buy mode and it would appear in CAS.
Then EA said something like "hey they're using patterns in CAS and that's not what we wanted, STOP THEM" , so they squashed that workaround with P&N, and now you can't.

There is a way to do it although it won't be a viable solution for a lot of players: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=487836
Attached Images

Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 4:04 AM
They never wanted you to have patterns in CAS which I've never understood.
With just the base game there was a workaround where you could add the pattern as a favorite in buy mode and it would appear in CAS.
Then EA said something like "hey they're using patterns in CAS and that's not what we wanted, STOP THEM" , so they squashed that workaround with P&N, and now you can't.

There is a way to do it although it won't be a viable solution for a lot of players: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=487836

well that's annoying. why does EA always do this stuff. and yeah i tried the favorite thing work around before posting here i was really confused when no patters came out in CAS didn't know that they already removed that workaround with P&N.

are you still doing thge mannequin request thingy?
Scholar
#25 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 8:15 AM
well that's annoying. why does EA always do this stuff. and yeah i tried the favorite thing work around before posting here i was really confused when no patters came out in CAS didn't know that they already removed that workaround with P&N.

are you still doing thge mannequin request thingy?

Sure, but they have to be patterns that are allowed to be uploaded here, which is why I suggested someone here learn how to make them.
Page 1 of 2