Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 11:10 AM
Over exaggerating much?

Define "bad things" "good people" and "always". Topic seems kind of vague. No wonder it went off tangent a bit.

As for the suicide it didn't just happen to him. He took his own life. I'd say the primary responsibility for that falls on the person who committed the act. Himself.

It's a moot point now. He certainly can't do life in prison for it.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 1:15 AM
People like Castro, I count as bad. He's still alive, right? Meanwhile good people get bad things. Or at school, the people who break the rules get away with it and yet the good kids who do one slip-up get in trouble for it.

ENTJ
Instructor
#28 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 5:14 AM
its really a crap shoot, and yeah bad people do evil things and sometimes succeed. Kim Jong Il anyone? but there are a lot more really normal people that lead mostly good lives to balance out the kim jong ill types,

It really is no surprise that good kids who aren't rulebreakers don't get caught. They aren't experienced at avoiding detection. I don't think it really means they are targed.
Scholar
#29 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 1:29 PM
I think that people are less likely to notice when good things happen to good people and bad things to bad people. Those are the situations that we expect, so it isn't as memorable when it happens. Our brains are much better at storing information about unexpected events.
Scholar
#30 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia
depends on your definition of "useless" is.

so, what have you to add to the actual topic?

My idea of useless, (Since you did ask.) Is something that really doesn't make an effect or difference. So, go ahead and call me useless as you will. I don't care.

To your second question, (again you asked.) What I think I contributed, was my thought on how conversation shifted. And, making an opinion at the art of how chain reactions work. And, merely stating my opinion on how the first posing question was completely different then what the ending thought was. So, maybe I shouldn't have said useless but, irrelevant.

Happy? I could have said nothing to keep this thread "on topic." But, you did ask.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#31 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 12:24 AM
Default MTS Staff Message
Please keep this on topic; any personal insults will be deleted.
Test Subject
#32 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 11:30 PM
Well leading back to the point you dont really know if he was actually a good person, just because he did one good thing, for all you know he couldve started off being a bully, then when he found out he was gay the other bullies plus his victims turned on him and he couldnt handle it ....

Just sayin.
Test Subject
#33 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 7:57 AM
Default Is homophobia right or wrong? You make the decision.
Quote: Originally posted by Extensa5420
Yes, we all eventually die. The cause of death is what matters.

Some people die by lightning.
Some people die by starvation.
Some people die by a broken heart.
Some people die by heart disease.
Some people die by malignant cancer.
Some people die by homicide.
Some people die by suicide caused by homophobic taunts and insults on the Internet, as shown in the OP's example.

Is homophobia right or wrong? You make the decision.

It isn't a question of it being right or wrong. That's like asking if arachnophobia is right or wrong. Yes, it's bad to HATE someone and be cruel to them for their sexuality. But fearing them? That's like fearing a spider for being a spider. It can't help that it's a spider. If you don't agree with homosexuality, then that's your opinion. If you don't agree with a spider being a spider, then that's still your opinion, which you have a right to. lol
Scholar
#34 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shelbey
It isn't a question of it being right or wrong. That's like asking if arachnophobia is right or wrong. Yes, it's bad to HATE someone and be cruel to them for their sexuality. But fearing them? That's like fearing a spider for being a spider. It can't help that it's a spider. If you don't agree with homosexuality, then that's your opinion. If you don't agree with a spider being a spider, then that's still your opinion, which you have a right to. lol

Homophobia is not a phobia recognized by the DSM (the book that lists recognized psychological disorders). This is because it is a very broadly used term that often refers to those who hate gay people, not just those who fear them. There may be some people out there who genuinely fear them, but the vast majority of cases where someone is referred to as 'homophobic', it is because that person hates them.
Banned
#35 Old 10th Jan 2012 at 6:46 AM
Miceal jackson's saying: "whos bad? Im bad!"

Put MJ and a little boy in the same room and lock the doors. And check on them in 30 mins
Test Subject
#36 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 4:41 PM
My grandparent's once told me of a bloodthirsty leader, who took hundreds of lives with his bare hands (this means strangling, beating to death, etc) but did it for the independence of his country.

These were lives of men who shared the same beliefs, same heritage, same ideals but wore the opposing banner of another country. This same man would later save many lives moments after his final skirmish, telling those who trusted him, even those he imprisoned, to flee.

Not long after, the Red Army seized and condemned all involved with the Black Guard (or Army.) This man's name was Nestor Makhno, and my grandmother would not have lived past that day if not for his orders and assistance of his forces. Meaning I would not exist today to tell his story.

Human beings cannot be defined as simply "bad" or "good" nor can they be limited by such notions. Every story should be told, even if it isn't understood at first.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 1:22 AM
The belief in Karma is really off sometimes. I have friends who believe that good things happen to good people and bad things happen to bad people. Unfortunately, in my mind it's always the other way around.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 12:25 AM
Bad things happen to all people.

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.

Page 2 of 2