Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 9:31 PM
Default Quirky Mismatch Cottage - Feedback appreciated
I'm currently working on a build that is very different for me so feedback would be greatly appreciated. It's a very quirky mismatched design that is very unusual. It was inspired by a photo I found online ( click here ). The lot is not meant to be an exact duplicate of what is in the photo but I feel like I got the general feeling. I have finished most of the interior furnishing. I was going for a very cluttered antique kind of look. Kind of as if the sim living here had picked up different pieces here and there and collected over the years. I imagine the sim to be an artist or gardener of some sort. I have playtested the lot and so far everything seems useable.

Any feedback or constructive criticism is welcome! As I said, this is a very unusual build for me so an extra eye always help. Also, I have a glitch that makes the doors, windows, and furniture disappear on the 2nd floor balcony when I go to the floor above it. Anyone know a fix for that?

Specs:
Lot: 40x30
Value: $113,963
1 Bedroom
1 Art Studio (Easily turned into another bedroom)
1 Bathroom
Kitchen
Pantry
Dining Nook
Livingroom
Study Area
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 9:36 PM
Default A small update to landscaping
Added a small garden out back behind the house.
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 10:08 PM
Cute idea! =)

Just at a quick glance: one thing that in my eyes always adds to the appeal of a lot is terrain paint -- you've hardly used any (except for that small bit of pathway in the garden), but I think it would be a really good idea to do so .. to give the whole thing a more "lived-in" look.

And have you tried saving the lot to the library and putting it down again? Asking because of all that clutter and plants you have arranged there on the floor .. the game has (or used to have) an unhealthy habit of cleaning that up when it thought it wouldn't fit there.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.