Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[OUTDATED] AnyGameStarter v. 1.6

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2007 at 9:41 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:08 PM by Nysha

Closed Thread Locked by: Reason:
633 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 632 Feedback Posts
Page 3 of 26
Instructor
#51 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 11:39 PM
Thanks! It just happened that today I was wondering if there was some way to have a separate game without pets, but still be able to play with everything if I want.
Field Researcher
#52 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaryLou
Yes, and its run more faster if you use also the mini-game, but you can install all the neighborhoods you like

This may be a really stunted question but what is a mini-game??

Mene Sakkhet Urseveh
Live Long, and Prosper
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 1:16 AM
Wow. This will really help me alot! Thanks Numenor! You never fail to amaze me at what you do, and what helpful tools you develop.

Thankyou very much! :D
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 1:43 AM
Excellent idea Numenor, but I thought you might want to know this:
I made only one "StartAnyGame", no downloads other than CEP, which apparently is there by default. Playing the minigame, I first noticed that Mr. Random has blond hair in the previews and thumbnails, but brown when playing. When I select "Change Appearance" in a mirror, halfway through the loading time, the application crashes, and the "The Application Has Crashed..." window pops up. I don't have this problem in my usual game. I tried this several times with the same result.
Hope this helps to clear up any unforeseen problems.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maskeysims
This may be a really stunted question but what is a mini-game??

Hi Maskeysims,

The mini-game is an almost empty neighborhood, with only one house and 2 sims living there, the Randoms.

This neighborhood is installed by default, with no others present. I assume if you want your own neighborhoods in AnyGameStarter, you'd have to copy them to the AnyGame neighborhood directory.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 2:33 AM
thanks you very much for the advice numenor!

DOEreoh
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#57 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 3:02 AM
What an invaluable tool! And here i was thinking Numenor was just sitting about receiving visitors *on this the day of his daughter's wedding* and generally basking in his Godfatherliness This is an awesome tool for creating situational games (eg. having only medieval themed clothing/objects) without having to swap folders in and out, testing stuff etc etc.

More kudos to you Numenor, thanks to your able-bodied and patient assistant MaryLou and Delphy who continues to amaze us with useful ideas =)

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 4:30 AM
woooohooo!!!

im the 169th faver. do i win something?? XD
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 4:46 AM
Oooh, you're so awesome!
Test Subject
#60 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 4:55 AM
so this would be an easy way to suss out your sc4 terrains without having to wait for the reloading of weather, pets etc each time i adjust a terrain? am i understanding it right? i can simply load from the base game, bypassing all the heavier stuff?
Scholar
#61 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 7:22 AM
I am having a problem with the program. It seems to install correctly, but when I am in game I notice that all the downloads from my main folder are in the game and all the neighborhoods. I also notice objects and build mode items from EPs that I did not click on when I installed the start any game one. It is as though when I click on the desktop icon it is loading my normal game. Is it supposed to do that? Am I doing something wrong or misunderstanding the program?
Thanks,
Christine

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 8:48 AM
No, it shouldn't act this way; the "Start AnyGame1" icon should start a clean game with no downloads.

If reinstalling the AnyGame1 doesn't solve the problem, please zip the entire folder:
(Documents)\AnyGameStarter\Appfiles
and post it here as an attachment.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Instructor
#63 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 8:48 AM
This is such a great idea
I decided to test it out right now and ran into a problem. First part is probably just my computer but I'm not sure the second part is.
I chose to have it install uni, seasons, and h&m for testing purposes, and the install went fine.
First, it wont let me skip the movie, normally i can just click it and it skips to the loading screen, but not with AGS, it just freezes on a black screen.

Second, once I did get it to load properly, i chose new neighborhood, it loaded fine, i went to CAS and just as i went to type the sim's name in, the game crashes.
"The Application Has Crashed..." error box comes up. I checked the logs and it says:
Exception code: 0xC0000005 (-1073741819) ACCESS_VIOLATION.

Did i do something wrong?

Also, AaronWuzHere, you can change that I think by right-clicking on the icon and choosing "properties" then under the shortcut tab, look for run: and change that...the end of the "target:" may need to be changed too (where it says -w -r800x600 remove that). I like it in a window so I havent changed it.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  AppFiles.rar (43.8 KB, 1 downloads)

WickedNoukFamily -- free sims2 sites with hundreds of creations for you to fill your downloads folder with! Some sites offer sims3 content too! :D

Pay Stuff for Free -- Visit Me at My Website: Wicked Sims (sims2 & sims3)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#64 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 9:08 AM
To anyone asks for help - The description of the problem is important, but I can't do anything if you don't include your "AppFiles" folder as an attachment to your post.

In order to do that, open your Documents folder and then open the AnyGameStarter folder; right-click on the "AppFiles" folder icon and choose any option like "Compress in ZIP", "Create a ZIP", "Add to ZIP" or similar (RAR archives are fine, too).
When you have created the zip or RAR, come here to this thread and click the button "Go Advanced", located immediately under the text box (where you write your post).

In the new page that opens up, scroll down until you find the button "Manage Attachments".

Click the button, and a new small window will open up. Use the topmost "Browse" button to attach the zip or RAR.

When the upload is finished, close the attachment window, write your post and click "Submit Reply".

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Scholar
#65 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 1:12 PM
Here is my AppFiles Folder.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  AppFiles.zip (41.8 KB, 1 downloads)

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 7:42 PM
Default My AppFiles...
Here's my AppFiles regarding the above post
(Application crashes when accessing "Change Appearance")

Thanks Numenor
Attached files:
File Type: zip  AppFiles.zip (36.9 KB, 1 downloads)
Test Subject
#67 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 7:48 PM
I have the same problem, my game crashes, when I try to play with any family...
Attached files:
File Type: rar  AppFiles.rar (35.3 KB, 1 downloads)
Theorist
#68 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 8:23 PM
awesome!
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 8:51 PM
Thank you, this is brilliant!
Mad Poster
#70 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 9:31 PM
Awesome and verrrrrrrrrry useful

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#71 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 10:23 PM
this is a good idea, but i'm a little nervous to use it.

like, will it do anything to my saved games, custom content, or anything else?
i've had my game crash some many times and delete everything, i'm a little scared to use game mods.

and to get this right, this is just a tester type thing for other expansions?
i don't get it. couldn't i just buy the expansion packs and get the same result?
my computer can't handle anymore expansions, so will it do anything to the graphics?

sorry for so many questions.
Test Subject
#72 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 10:52 PM
You're really amazing !
I had a dream and you make it become reality. :lovestruc
Challenges, contents, loading, playing... everythig becomes easy with your so great ideas.
Thanks a lot, more and more.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 10:53 PM
CHRISTINE11778

Find attached to this message TWO zip files.

Download and unpack the "First-Solution" one into the AppFiles folder (it will overwrite an existing file). Then run the game and see if the problem is solved.

Either cases (the problem is solved or not), download and unpack the file "Second-Solution" into the AppFiles, and run the game again.

Then please post here the results of your tests, thanks.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  FIRST-SOLUTION.zip (538 Bytes, 1 downloads)
File Type: zip  SECOND-SOLUTION.zip (354 Bytes, 1 downloads)

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 11:04 PM
ROSIEDOGSIMS and IANSPLINTER

Please tell me which EP and SP you own, and which EP and SP you have included in the AnyGame; I ask because the AnyGame you have created seems identical to your "Full" game, I can't see any difference. Have you included in the AnyGame ALL the EP and SP on purpose?

Instructor
#75 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 11:24 PM
I am having a problem similar to the ones the others have mentioned with CAS crashing my game, only it now occurs in my main game. I have uninstalled AGS, and the problem with my game persists. I have also removed all CC to exclude any conflicts and still get crashes. I have all the games and every stuff pack, and created an AGS game excluding Seasons so that I could make a new CAS screen. I think I also excluded all stuff packs from the AGS install. Since it now occurs in my main game and I don't have AGS folders anymore, I'm going to attach the error log generated by the game when it crashes. Hopefully that can tell you something about the problem.

Liegen
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Sims2Exception 2007.09.28 13.35.25.txt (9.9 KB, 1 downloads)

Want more? Visit Digital Perversion
I'm not gonna do it, and you can't make me!
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 26