Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[OUTDATED] AnyGameStarter v. 1.6

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2007 at 9:41 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:08 PM by Nysha

Closed Thread Locked by: Reason:
633 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 632 Feedback Posts
Page 4 of 26
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
ROSIEDOGSIMS and IANSPLINTER

Please tell me which EP and SP you own, and which EP and SP you have included in the AnyGame; I ask because the AnyGame you have created seems identical to your "Full" game, I can't see any difference. Have you included in the AnyGame ALL the EP and SP on purpose?

Hi Numenor,
Yes, I did include all EP up to Seasons (I don't have Bon Voyage, and I have no SP installed.) I wanted to be able to start the game without any CC, and then progressively add only certain CC files as I went along to see how they effect game performance.
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by liegenschonheit
I am having a problem similar to the ones the others have mentioned with CAS crashing my game, only it now occurs in my main game...

Numenor, now I really need help

This same problem has also migrated to my regular game
I checked it after liegenschonheit's post, and sure enough the same thing has happened to me! Arrgghhh!

I also noticed that Darren Dreamer has his usual dark skinned head, but a light skinned body. This is definitely not usual.

I humbly await your direction.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#78 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 12:24 AM
ANONYMOUS

In your files, everything seems in good order, and I can't guess why your problem occurs.

Have you already tried reinstalling the same game UNI+SSN+H&M? Does it crash every time?
And what about different game configurations? Do ALL your games crash?

TO ANYONE EXPERIENCING CRASHES

READ MY GUIDE from THIS POST (in the BaseGameStarter thread).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 12:40 AM
Hi Numenor,
I'll try that, but I'm not sure what to do about my Regular game though.

Maybe the dark head with the (now) light body could help you figure something out?

I hate to put a damper on this, since it's a great idea, but it has definitely happened since installing AnyGame.

I'll let you know if the above solution helps at all.

Thanks.
Instructor
#80 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 12:43 AM
Numenor, I have already deleted all files associated with AGS to try and fix the problem, so I don't have that folder to delete. I suppose if worse comes to worse I can uninstall and reinstall every ep and stuff pack, but that's such a pain.

Want more? Visit Digital Perversion
I'm not gonna do it, and you can't make me!
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 1:12 AM
Numenor, not great news:

I deleted the EA Games folder as described, which returned the following error-

"There is something wrong in your save-game folders.
The folder "C:\\DOCUME~1\\MYDOCU~1\AnyGameStarter\AnyGame1\EA Games\The Sims 2" does not exist..."

So I put the folder back, and just deleted the "Neighborhoods" folder. AnyGame started up ok, but it installed all of my Regular game neighborhoods (Pleasantville, Reverblossom, etc.) instead of mini-game!

These neighborhoods are at their starting-state, as if I had just installed the game and EPs fresh, EXCEPT: still have Dark-skinned heads with light-skinned bodies, and still crashes (every time) when trying to Change Appearance.

My main concern now is trying to get my Regular game back. I have a backup, which I'll restore if there are no other solutions, but I'm not sure that will do it, with this skin thing.

Anyway, I'll keep checking here for further developments.
Test Subject
#82 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 1:46 AM
If I understood right, the AnyGameStarter will read data from your sims2 installation folder in C. Maybe the problem is there. Did you have an altered installation folder rosiedogsim? Perhaps the ags was trying to read something that wasn't there anymore. I have no idea what would happen then, and why the weird appearance changes would be caused by this, maybe someone with more insight knows?
Test Subject
#83 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 1:51 AM
Yes, I have installed all EPs and MiniEPs, and now the problem is in my basegame too, dont know what happened, all sims have different skincolours than before, only the head has the original colour, and when I try to change appereance in the mirror, my game crashes, body shop is not starting too, and when I go to creat a family, its the same. My game crashes. I have deinstalled the minigame, but my regulare game has now the same problems, like the other users told you?!

Please help me....
Test Subject
#84 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 5:10 AM
Wonderfull work! Really usefull!

Kiss
Instructor
#85 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 6:07 AM
ANONYMOUS

In your files, everything seems in good order, and I can't guess why your problem occurs.

Have you already tried reinstalling the same game UNI+SSN+H&M? Does it crash every time?
And what about different game configurations? Do ALL your games crash?

Yes I've tried that, I've also tried uninstalling the entire thing and reinstalling it and trying other configurations. They all crash in CAS. Same error (access_violation).

edit: i also tried installing none of the ep's or sp's (just the base game) and i put the base game disc in, restarted the pc, clicked on the AGS icon, it started to load then said i needed the h&m disc.
I've tried just installing seasons, still crashes in CAS. I'm still trying other configurations though

edit again: no matter what configuration i try, i get the same error. Attached one of the error log files i've gotten during this testing (that time it was just Uni installed)
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Sims2Exception 2007.09.28 23.26.07.txt (9.3 KB, 1 downloads)

WickedNoukFamily -- free sims2 sites with hundreds of creations for you to fill your downloads folder with! Some sites offer sims3 content too! :D

Pay Stuff for Free -- Visit Me at My Website: Wicked Sims (sims2 & sims3)
Scholar
#86 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 6:12 AM
CHRISTINE11778

Find attached to this message TWO zip files.

Download and unpack the "First-Solution" one into the AppFiles folder (it will overwrite an existing file). Then run the game and see if the problem is solved.

Either cases (the problem is solved or not), download and unpack the file "Second-Solution" into the AppFiles, and run the game again.

Then please post here the results of your tests, thanks.

I did as you instructed and got the same results as before. The normal game loaded with the cc from my downloads folder.

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
Field Researcher
#87 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 9:52 AM
For everyone that have these problems I can suggest to restore your folder about the sims 2 located in Programs. I'm talking about the C:\Programs\EA Games\The Sims 2, NOT about the sims 2 located in Documents.
I try to explain: I' really don' know why this was happen but it seems that you have corrupted some files "related" to the BodyShop, so when you try to run them with the CAS or change the appearance the game crashes, also the "regular" game.

Please, can you try to run the BodyShop itself and tell me if it crashes when you click to create a sim?
I'm looking to find the right files to restore them, so I can attach them here for you, and at the same time we are working to understand "why" this was happen: the AGS shouldn't interfere with your installation in anyway.

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Test Subject
#88 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 10:09 AM
That would be fine, cause I cant play like that anymore. My bodyshop is crashing, when I try to start it by itsself.
Test Subject
#89 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 10:40 AM
Could default face replacements cause this?
Test Subject
#90 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 10:56 AM
I have some default replacements in my game, but have never had any problems with them.
Test Subject
#91 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 11:05 AM
I'm having the same problems - crashes whenever I try to load any lot, CAS or Bodyshop, even after I un-installed this program and created new user files.
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 11:58 AM
Hello,Numenor

Yes I have a problem with this modification.

It deleted my Nightlife expansion pack from the original game and the anygame,I didn't install Nightlife EP,I installed the sims 2 deluxe,but why did it delete it from the original EA game and it dosen't show up on the anygame & I still have the files for the Nightlife EP on my local disk.

Please help me!

Yours Truly,Erhama Al Kuwari
Signature:EAK

Saturday 29th September 2007

The Tipton Hotel,Is Coming Soon To MTS2,6 Floors
G/L:Ground Floor,Lobby
3-6:Suites & Rooms
M:Mezzanine,Karaoke Bar & Theatre.
Test Subject
#93 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 1:12 PM
my game isn't starting. i used the cntol pannel to remove this and still it won't start.

My soul is burning and I love it... All I need is Him... And Him I have... Why is He so close but so far away from me... Let my soul go and WE will be as one in the night with full moon!
Test Subject
#94 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 1:50 PM
Can someone please help me with my original game? What do I have to do to let it be like it was before installing the minigame?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#95 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 2:17 PM

==========================================================

Due to to problems that some users are experiencing,
THE "ANYGAME STARTER" HAS BEEN REMOVED
until I can't find a suitable solution.

I'm preparing a guide to let you restore your normal game; in the meantime
DON'T USE THE ANYGAME STARTER ANY MORE!

==========================================================

I'm terribly sorry for the problems this tool is creating to some users...
The fact is that I can't reproduce the problem no matter what I try, and therefore it's harder for me to understand WHY this happens and HOW to prevent the crashes.

What I know (or better, suspect) is that for whatever reason, some files in the Program installation folder gets corrupted. Neither the BaseGame starter, nor the AnyGame starter touch anything there, so I can't understand how come the game files gets corrupted (it's something similar to the Nighlife bug that occurred when a vampire bit Mrs. Crumplebottom, remember?)

The solution is to restore some files from the base game, getting them from the original CD's (no need to reinstall...).

I'll post a detailed guide soon.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#96 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 2:19 PM
ok, than I have to uninstall all gaes and install them again, I hope after that all will work like before...
Test Subject
#97 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 2:24 PM
That's what I'm in the middle of doing right now, uninstalling/reinstalling.

I sure hope that fixes it. -_-;

(and I should say that I gave up and started doing that before numenor posted... *sigh*)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#98 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 2:25 PM
NO, don't reinstall all the games! Wait a little for my restoring guide.

Lab Assistant
#99 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Afu
Could default face replacements cause this?

Thanks for the suggestion Afu. I do have default replacement faces, and maybe that could be a clue to all of this. It could help Numenor sort this out. In the mean time...

[center]

The solution is to restore some files from the base game, getting them from the original CD's (no need to reinstall...).

I'll post a detailed guide soon.

I also suspect that the base game files have somehow been altered. Rather than trying anything else, I will wait for Numenor's guide.
I know you'll sort this out Numenor, so don't feel bad. This is the chance we all take when we choose to mod our game. When you do, I'm sure this will end up being an excellent tool.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#100 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 4:07 PM
TO ANYONE EXPERIENCING CRASHES WHEN PLAYING
(if you have problems DIFFERENT than crashes, then the guide is NOT for you!)

In order to FIX your crashing game, please follow the GUIDE from THIS POST (in the BaseGameStarter thread).

And then please REPORT here if the offered solution solved your problems or not.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 26