Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Rabbit Hole Replacement Project(Updated March 8 2011)

by Raven Shadow Posted 25th Feb 2011 at 12:01 PM - Updated 21st Aug 2011 at 8:06 PM by Raven Shadow : Added new objects

186 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 115 Feedback Posts, 70 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 8
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#26 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 3:36 AM
It's there for me, Sam. Try refreshing if you're still not seeing it.
Test Subject
#27 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 3:56 PM
They work perfectly now, thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 6:45 PM
Amazing. Can't wait to try these. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 9:10 PM
Hi.

Thanks for these doors/rabbitholes. I downloaded before you updated, saw your note about the update and deleted the ones that was faulty. Now I am having a problem downloading again. When I click on any of the 2 links I get a page saying that Explorer can't open the page. I tried right clicking on the link and save target as, but then I get an error message: Unable to download getfile.php from chii.modthesims.info. The connection with the server was reset.
Is there a problem with the site? I could not even get to ModtheSims for some time.

Please help.
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#30 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 9:46 PM
Try the Site Issues forum, oumamea: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=24
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 10:10 PM
Default Problem with downloading
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Try the Site Issues forum, oumamea: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=24

Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 3:07 AM
I'm sure it must be obvious:the doors are operated from the side where the arrows are pointing. IE: Point doors outward.

I've been using the doors for custom schools and so far so good.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 4:10 AM Last edited by Raven Shadow : 2nd Mar 2011 at 4:41 AM.
The Doors have been updated with versions that work on Residential and Commercial lots,now.
Many bug fixes are also included (mostly bone position and animations)
Thank you for your patience
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#34 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 6:48 AM
W00t!!! OMG thanks!
Test Subject
#35 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 8:29 PM
Thanks so much for this!!
But I just have one question...
Since you can't see your sims go to work or go to school, is this a mod that helps you do this? So like you go to Edit Town, edit the community lots with these doors and it doesn't
"censor" it?
Please respond to my question a.s.a.p!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#36 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 2:25 AM
Jennie901,
No these just let you build your own lots instead of using EA's Rabbit Holes.
For example, instead of using the City Hall that comes with the game,
you might want to build something yourself that looks like it came from Little House on
the Prairie.
They function the same , though, when a sim uses one, they vannish until thier shift is over, then reappear
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 4:15 AM
Thanks a lot - that's really good!

Bernard
Test Subject
#38 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 4:31 AM
I wanna make a building with your doors, but they dont fit! Please, could you upload Double Doors able to fit?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 6:02 AM
Ericpincas,
I don't understand what you mean they don't fit.
I've had no problems placing the doors on buildings.
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#40 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 6:15 AM
If the problem is aesthetic, you might want to know that there are technical reasons why very few doors actually work as rabbithole objects. Raven Shadow had little or no choice of meshes.

If you want a different "look", you can always put the rabbit hole door in back of a "closet" (small room) with the door you prefer in front of it. I also usually hide the room on the other side of the door with the Hidden Room marker from NL... since that gets around the issue of sims disappering into nowhere.
Test Subject
#41 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Raven Shadow
Ericpincas,
I don't understand what you mean they don't fit.
I've had no problems placing the doors on buildings.

When I say they dont fit, I mean that a piece of door is stuck in the building. Out of the Door frame of the Building
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 8:57 PM
Any chance these will be updated to the latest game version soon?
Eminence Grise
#43 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 12:29 AM
These are compatible with the latest game version. Check the upload date
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ericpincas
When I say they dont fit, I mean that a piece of door is stuck in the building. Out of the Door frame of the Building

Which door?
straight wall or diagonal?
Pictures please
Test Subject
#45 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 10:46 PM
I am LOVING these doors! Question, though. Is there a way to rename the rabbit hole? For instance, my building I used the book store door on is now called "book store rabbit hole." Is there a way to change that? I have a mod the allows me to rename the EA lots, but it doesn't work on the buildings I put your door on.

And just to clarify, the name I WANT to have on it appears in edit town mode, but "book store rabbit hole" appears in game mode.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 3:28 AM
fieriee,
You would have to edit the one of the language files inside any of the packages
you wished to change.
If you'd like to try, I'll explain how.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 7:46 PM
Quick question about some of the doors, not sure if a working copy got intermixed with the new versions of if these are the new ones and a couple pictures on the main page need updated.

The Criminal hideout is a modified version of what's pictured: there's only the one glass pane and it's a sliding door instead of the swing-type that the rest of them are, also the door is two tiles but the footprint is four (I'm assuming this is because of the sliding).

The basegame Spa door is similar: it's using the 3-tile glass door many of the other RHs are but there are no handles, the footprint is for five tiles, and the doors slide open/close in game.

Also, the Grocery RH cuts out the wall above the door. The door looks like it works fine, there's just a gap in the wall between the top of the door and the top of the wall.
Test Subject
#48 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 6:47 AM
Look these 2 images, that is what im talking about, the door doesnt fit

Still, I love those doors, if u could change them to fit, I'd be really grateful!

EDIT: Thats the Town Hall + police + army combo of LN, same problem with Base Sims Rabbit Holes
Instructor
THANKS POST
#49 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 2:23 PM
ericpincas - these doors are not meant to replace the doors on EA's rabbit holes but to allow you to make your OWN rabbitholes from scratch.
Instructor
#50 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
If you want a different "look", you can always put the rabbit hole door in back of a "closet" (small room) with the door you prefer in front of it. I also usually hide the room on the other side of the door with the Hidden Room marker from NL... since that gets around the issue of sims disappering into nowhere.

Excellent suggestion! Thank you!
Page 2 of 8