Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 6:47 PM
Thankyou so much for these! Now it's much more realistic!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 20th Apr 2012 at 7:56 PM
i'm hoping someone can help me with this. i've just started playing with create a world since i've only just gotten it to work (had to do a bunch of workarounds).

i downloaded these and put them in the documents folder that was described here. i couldn't find them when i opened the program. so, i then put them into the same named folder, but in programs (not documents).

i'm now thinking that i'm just looking in the wrong place for them. would someone please tell me where i should be able to find these textures and how to use them?

i poked around a bit on this site but i couldn't find anything to help. i'll poke around a bit more to see if i can find anything.

thanks.
Forum Resident
#103 Old 20th Apr 2012 at 9:24 PM
They don't automatically load into each world you open in CAW, you have to load each texture one by one so that you only have as many textures assigned to a world as you want to use. Which is good for those of us with a rather large texture collection.

So, I guess an expanded version of the 'where and how':
The textures go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 Create a World Tool > User Tool Data > Source Textures

Start in CAW, and the Terrain tab, and the Paint sub-tab. There's a button called 'add layer'. Click that, and then to browse for the texture you want to use, hit the box with the [...] next to the text field marked "Texture". Point it to the right folders, and the texture you want to add. Tell it what sound effect you want that texture to have, and then hit OK. That texture will be added to the list of textures available to use in the world you have open. Repeat this for as many of the textures as you want to use on that world.

Hope that makes things a little more clear.
Test Subject
#104 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skmt999
They don't automatically load into each world you open in CAW, you have to load each texture one by one so that you only have as many textures assigned to a world as you want to use. Which is good for those of us with a rather large texture collection.

So, I guess an expanded version of the 'where and how':
The textures go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 Create a World Tool > User Tool Data > Source Textures

Start in CAW, and the Terrain tab, and the Paint sub-tab. There's a button called 'add layer'. Click that, and then to browse for the texture you want to use, hit the box with the [...] next to the text field marked "Texture". Point it to the right folders, and the texture you want to add. Tell it what sound effect you want that texture to have, and then hit OK. That texture will be added to the list of textures available to use in the world you have open. Repeat this for as many of the textures as you want to use on that world.

Hope that makes things a little more clear.

it does. thank you! i've wanted to play with caw since it became available. i'm playing on windows now (i was on mac), and am excited to make my own worlds. thanks so much for the help. i got the textures to work. i have other questions, but i'll post them elsewhere .
Test Subject
#105 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 12:39 AM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Now I can create snow capped mountains in my world.
Test Subject
#106 Old 5th May 2012 at 2:12 PM
I just want to double check;
Can I use your textures for my world even if I upload it (for free off course)?
Test Subject
#107 Old 5th May 2012 at 6:34 PM
just wanted to hop in and say thanks alot! i haven't even got to the terrain painting stage yet but i know i'd have been disappointed if EA had limited us yet again XD. turns out they did. you guys save me! <3 <3 <3
Test Subject
#108 Old 20th May 2012 at 6:29 PM
These are great, thank you for sharing them!
Test Subject
#109 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 8:19 PM
Okay so i have no idea how to work this site because im new and i keep getting confused.! But I came here curious on how to get the turquoise water. Thats really what i want to put in my CaW world. If you could tell me instructions that a not really intellgent-simmer could understand on how to get it, I would owe you soo much!! Please and thank you!
Test Subject
#110 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 8:37 PM
I have already painted my world pretty much completely, but now I like the grass from showtime much better that the default green. Is there a way to change only the base green with the new grass without ruining the other textures, and if yes is this then set for anyone who will download the world?
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 8:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sakasiru
I have already painted my world pretty much completely, but now I like the grass from showtime much better that the default green. Is there a way to change only the base green with the new grass without ruining the other textures, and if yes is this then set for anyone who will download the world?
You can right-click and Edit to change the texture. If you don't like it, no worries, just change it back. The world textures will transfer with the world.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#112 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 11:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bryannam97
Okay so i have no idea how to work this site because im new and i keep getting confused.! But I came here curious on how to get the turquoise water. Thats really what i want to put in my CaW world. If you could tell me instructions that a not really intellgent-simmer could understand on how to get it, I would owe you soo much!! Please and thank you!

Yes, use the underwater sand texture to have the sea look turquoise. This will only work where the water is shallow though; if you want to make the deep water colour different then you will have to use colour ramps and ini files to change that; see this thread:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=459198
Or you could create an override by editing the basegame files:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=388840
Test Subject
#113 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SharaRose
You can right-click and Edit to change the texture. If you don't like it, no worries, just change it back. The world textures will transfer with the world.

Thank you, that's great news. Can you also tell me where I can find the Showtime grass texture? Has anyone already extracted ist or how do I get it myself?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#114 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 1:58 PM
Test Subject
#115 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Try here, sakasiru:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/181739.page

Thank you so much! Works like a charm!
Test Subject
#116 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 2:23 PM
Default wow nice texture
nice Texture. i agree
Test Subject
#117 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 10:16 AM
I'm so glad someone did this, and that I found my way to it. Thank you so, so much for doing the work and sharing this! Now maybe I can actually finish a world.
Test Subject
#118 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 6:51 AM
thankyou somuch!!
Test Subject
#119 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 7:31 PM
I don't know what I would do without all of you guys and girls!!!! THANK YOU!!!!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#120 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 12:19 AM
The package files are in-game terrain paints to match the DDS textures. It is the DDS files that you use in CAW.

The first file contains the DDS files, the second the package files.
Test Subject
#121 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 4:59 PM
Just to say thank you for these, I've been using them a lot and they are perfect! I could not imagine loading CAW without them.
Test Subject
#122 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 12:35 AM
thanks...it's awesome...
Test Subject
#123 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 12:36 AM
Default So happy!
I'm soooo very happy not to have to deal with that horrific default grass anymore!!! YAY!

#124 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 11:34 PM
Thank you for these, but I can't seem to find the "Dark Dirt" that came with the base game anywhere. Am I blind?
Forum Resident
#125 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 5:10 AM
I don't think there ever was a Dark Dirt that came with the base caw textures. If you go to your Programs Caw folder, you'll see all the base textures. You can copy and paste any you've missplaced into your Documents Caw folder.

Programs(x86)
Electronic Arts
The Sims 3 Create a World
UserToolData
SourceTextures

HystericalParoxysm has a set with dirt_dark. It's available for download on post #16 of this thread, and Martine's has a Dirt_Dark_Base
Page 5 of 7