Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 1:05 AM
Changing default witch skintones?
Long ago, I saw a transparent vampire skintone here, which just left their skintone the way it was before.
Now I'd like to know if there is a way to do the same thing to the green or sparkly gold overlay skintones that witches get with evil/good alignments? Is it a full-body makeup like the vampire skin? Or actual skintones?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 1:35 AM
It's an overlay, and I've already done replacements that do exactly what you're looking for - find 'em under my profile.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 2:15 AM
I love you, and build an altar in your name :D
#4 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 2:29 AM
Would it be possible to make a translucent replacement, that would leave them with a paler/grayer version of their whatever their real skintone is?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
retired moderator
#5 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 12:51 PM
Yes, it's possible. Someone's already done a slightly less green witch overlay.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
#6 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 9:22 PM
Oops! I meant for vampyres. ::blush::

retired moderator
#7 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 9:33 PM
Also already been done - thus yes, it is possible. Witches and vampires both work via overlays. Other supernatural species (such as zombies, werewolves and plant sims) use solid skins which do not work as overlays. Technically, both vampire and witch skin -can- be made to look like solid skins by using a full-saturation, no-transparency texture. Witches are a bit tricky though as they share quite a few textures - especially the good witches, so you can't really make different skins for male/female without extra fiddling to make new textures, which requires some acrobatics with material definitions.

#8 Old 14th Oct 2008 at 3:50 AM
Thank you, HP. Do you happen to know where to find one? I`d like to give one a try.

retired moderator
#9 Old 14th Oct 2008 at 10:36 AM
Ask in the Where Can I Find forum, or use any existing vampire skin overlay to make your own.

Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 7:03 AM
Would it be possible for both good and bad witches to use your custom human default skin tone as their default skin tone?
Not actually evil.
#11 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 10:00 AM
cosmough If you want bad witches to just have their normal skin, take an existing bad witch skin default replacement and make all the textures in it totally transparent.

Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
Thank you, HP. Do you happen to know where to find one? I`d like to give one a try.

Or use the search features in MTS2 downloads. There's keyword search and search flags.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
#12 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 11:00 PM
I`ve seen several, and none of them seem to be quite what I`m looking for. Thanks, Cat; I`m pretty sure I`ve already tried Search; perhaps I`ll give it another try sometime, though.