Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 1:16 AM Last edited by ABullock : 11th Mar 2010 at 1:26 AM.
Sorry for long delay in reply, been busy with work.

But yea, I have tried the Decrapify since the problem started (the day it began). I had actually done it prior to the problem as well, by about 2 days or so. It didnt seem to make any noticeable changes. And no, im not one of the people posting there, I dont think I have ever posted on the site.

I am wondering if the problem is a result of the game file just becoming corrupted after being around for so long or something. I will still decrapify it again and check it once more just incase.

EDIT:

Yea, tried it again and still no dice, seems the pause got worse actually, it lasted up to 45 seconds-1 minute, but still recovered a bit before doing it again.
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#27 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 3:37 PM
Yeah, that was just to "duct-tape" and plug the leaky holes, so to speak. Before long, more leaks will pop-up since we haven't noticed all the holes or what exactly is drilling into it to cause the holes to appear, in the first place.
Until we find the root cause, it is hard to have a permanent fix for something we haven't fully understood.

Just keep documenting stuff you've tried or what seems to trigger the issue if it happens on other save files.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 4:38 AM
The glitch has happened again in another save file that is in Sunset Valley. I used decrapify and it didn't fix it this time (over an hour into playing it again after glitch it happened again). However, it hasn't been too much of a problem since it's only happening after an hour, I just wish we knew how to completely fix it xD
In the Arena
retired moderator
#29 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 3:16 AM
If you remember the steps on what you were doing during that session that cause the save file to start having freezing glitches, maybe you could add that info here?
Then, if happens on another save file, you might be able to verify if these steps were the ones that replicated the issue every time?

Same goes to other simmers who might be having this same problem...this is one thread where the "Please make your own thread" rule does not apply.
Page 2 of 2