Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 12:10 AM
Default Help - when installing walls and floors default goes to Teleport file
Help! I'm having problems. Everytime I download some beautiful wall and floors from http://www.karinssims2.webbyen.dk/ - then I come back in and use the Clean Pack Installer - it defaults to teleport file. (I noticed that the "Lot Segment" is check marked. Even when I uncheck and ask that it be listed as a package file that it puts files in weird places. I never had problems with this lady's site before. (My game had to be reinstalled lately - and I had to replace everything and, yes, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Sims 2 Clean Pack Installer. Any suggestions, please help. This lady has some "fabulous" walls and floors. I used them successfully prior to my game crashing and being reinstalled. Also - other walls and floors from other sites install successfully.

Thanks - awaiting somebody's friendly help.

RevMarcie
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 1:03 PM
It would seem from your description that they packaged the walls & floors as part of a lot.

Use clean installer, uncheck the lot AND uncheck Default Installation, and Generate Sims2Import File. Now, up where it says "teleport" in the drop down menu, select downloads instead (or browse to put it at any special place). Below that is dropdown menu that says Sims2Tmp. Select package instead.

Now you are ready to press the install button.

Good Luck!

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 4:57 PM
Default Thank you soooo much!
Thank you so much, you are right they packaged walls and floor files.

I so appreciate your response.

RevMarcie :lovestruc