Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2015 at 7:10 PM
Default "Need to uninstall older version", Easiest workaround
I spent far too long trying to delete all traces of my previous install to appease the installer and was unsuccessful. So here's how to just get to the program(which is otherwise wonderful) nice and easy..

1: Go here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=409950
2: Download Sims2PackInstaller_NoInstall.zip and extract it
3: Go to a pack file and select "Open with", browse to the folder you extracted the zip file to and select "Sims2Pack Clean Installer.exe" (be sure to check "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file"

And it should be good to go, hopefully I saved someone a few minutes.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Nov 2015 at 4:32 PM
Maybe you come back to read here. Today you made my day. Thank you so much. I had the same problem.
Test Subject
#3 Old 31st Oct 2022 at 6:36 PM
You are a saint. When I first tried to install Clean Installer, I made a mistake and was unable to use it. I can finally use it this program!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Mar 2024 at 12:04 AM
Oh my goodness! I just found this post. I have been mopping around lol trying to find a way to make the program work again (after a crash). This worked wonderfully! Thank you for posting this!