Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sim Tracker

by RebaLynnTS Posted 1st Jan 2012 at 8:15 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:50 PM by Nysha

176 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 108 Feedback Posts, 67 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 8
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#101 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 4:56 PM
Version 1.1.9.9

Fixed: Household list not updated when sim added to household from Sim List.
Fixed: Grandparent check.
Fixed: Household not selecting properly, when sim selected.

Added: Grandchild check to Is Family check.

Updated: You can now add Neighborhood videos.

It's your life, live it your way!
Want to see what else I make, go to www.rlm-soft.com and check it out.
Find out what's happening with Sim Tracker
---
Inventor
#102 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 9:49 AM
Reba, I just downloaded this today and keep getting error messages almost anytime I click on a sim to edit them. Also it won't let me add any sims to households. the error message says "Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: Argument 'Array' is Nothing." I attached the erro report if you need to look at it
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Error03192012.rar (1.5 KB, 6 downloads)

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#103 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 9:08 PM
In order to get things working (Untill I can post a new update), do the following.

1. Open options {Tools > Options}
2. Under the Program Options Tab, choose the "Lists" Tab.
3. In the "Default Sort Options" sections, select "Name-Ascending", for "House - Members - Family".
4. Click Save.
5. Edit all Sims, and make sure they have an Age selected.
You will then be able to sort by Age.
I'll add an error trap for this in the next update.

Since you have version 1.199 it will tell you when the next update is available for download.

---
Inventor
#104 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 5:45 AM
Reba, I did what you sugested, and it still was throwing the same error. I downloaded version 1.200, uninstalled 1.199, installed 1.200 and it keeps throwing errors, but especially in relation of creating households or trying to put a sim in those households. Those keep throwing the "array is nothing" error. If i don't make households and just make the sims, i get errors when trying to link marriages (the sims show one another as spouses but when i click the drop down box to change "single" to "married" I get something about object not set to an instance. I can't remember the text exactly right now, sorry.) And when I tried to add a child by clicking "Add New Child" (or whatever the button reads. the child didn't exist in the database yet) the parents showed the child in the list, but the child didn't appear in the sim list like it had been doing (and should). I'm about ready to give up on using the Tracker to be honest. ~VP

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#105 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 8:25 PM
I'll need the error message to fix it, but I promise to fix it right away.

Something to keep in mind. If you are adding a sim, and not putting them in a household, and the sim list filter is set to "In Selected Household" then they will not show up in the sim list.

Set the filter to "All" and they will show up.

---
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#106 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 1:17 AM
VP: I was able to recreate some of the problems you mentioned, and I was able to fix them in the update I am doing now.
Inventor
#107 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 2:47 AM
Thank you Reba. And sorry for not responding earlier, I was obsessively palying my ToT challenge neighborhood, which coincidentally is the one I was trying to input. ~VP

Inventor
THANKS POST
#108 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 4:05 PM
One small note form me. I updated to 1.201 and everything seems to be working just fine with one small, overlookable thing. When I create a household (something I've been having trouble with since i started using the Sim Tracker) if I click it, it gives me an "array is nothing" error. Also the first time I try to add a sim to any household it gives me the same error, but after that all households function as they should (even the one without sims assigned yet) and the sim in question is added to the household in question. It's a minor annoyance but I thought you may want to look into it. I'm just glad this is finally working as advertised for me. Thank you so much for all your hard work and for dealing with my complaints. ~VP
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#109 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 6:18 PM
If you can send the details of the "array is nothing" error, I'll find and fix that problem too.

I can't seem to make it happen for me.

Never mind, I figured it out, and will have a fix in the next update.

---
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#110 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 1:13 AM
Version 1.2.0.2

Fixed: Added LTW not showing in LTW list.
Fixed: Some traits not resetting properly.
Fixed: Creating a new household throws an "Array is Nothing" error.
Fixed: When switching houses on the Sims Notes and Plans page, causes a crash.

Updated: You can now set, and clear, the ACR Sim Setting "Current One Sim".
(Note: These do not affect the game)

---
Test Subject
#111 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 10:00 PM
I spent yesterday looking at some of the various reports. I found some interesting glitches. Mostly they were my data entry errors. like hitting married on only one of a couple. One child marked twin while sibling was marked triplet. Silly things like that. However the sim engaged to his own father baffled me. And I had several sims marked as going steady with a sim who was happily married. Turns out that if you don't link spouses even if they're not married yet only a couple, you get oddities like this. I'm posting in case I'm not the only one this happened to.

And those reports are really good for finding my goofs. Thank you so much for this.
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 2:03 AM Last edited by icemandeaf : 27th Mar 2012 at 3:52 AM.
This is probably something minor, but I noticed in the previous version how some of the traits were resetting correctly (which is now fixed of course) is also happening with the "Influence Points" under the social tab. Just thought I'd give a heads up on that.

I also noticed that if I edit the household's information (ie neighborhood, name, or address), all of the information except for who's in the household seems to reset.

BTW I know that I've sent several PMs thanking you for this program (along with other things that I have seen along the way), but I thought I'd do it a little more publicly. THANK YOU!!!!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#113 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 4:11 PM Last edited by RebaLynnTS : 27th Mar 2012 at 4:29 PM. Reason: Added info
j mcdougall, I'll go through the reports code to make sure there are no errors. I'm not sure why these types of things are happening, but I will check it out.

iceman, thank you, and I will work to correct these issues, no matter how minor.

I doubt it will ever be perfect, but I will try to make it as close as I can.

---
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#114 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 3:04 PM
If your sim tracker is slow switching from sim to sim, hide the social and family tabs for the sim, until you need them. I am going to be working on the code to try and speed this part up, later.

In the latest version you can hide/show tabs from the "View" menu.

---
Test Subject
#115 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RebaLynnTS
j mcdougall, I'll go through the reports code to make sure there are no errors. I'm not sure why these types of things are happening, but I will check it out.

iceman, thank you, and I will work to correct these issues, no matter how minor.

I doubt it will ever be perfect, but I will try to make it as close as I can.

Most of those oddities were my data entry goofs. The only thing seemed to be that if you don't link spouses (even for just engaged or going steady) Sim Tracker seems to pick one for them even if the Sim that Sim Tracker chooses is already in another relationship. Once I actually linked them they showed as going steady with and/or enagaged to the correct Sims.

However last night I found that the Teen entertainment career seems to have some problems. Mostly it's blank. It list level numbers, let me put the teen at any of the levels, but has no information on any of them.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#116 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by j_mcdougall
Most of those oddities were my data entry goofs. The only thing seemed to be that if you don't link spouses (even for just engaged or going steady) Sim Tracker seems to pick one for them even if the Sim that Sim Tracker chooses is already in another relationship. Once I actually linked them they showed as going steady with and/or enagaged to the correct Sims.

However last night I found that the Teen entertainment career seems to have some problems. Mostly it's blank. It list level numbers, let me put the teen at any of the levels, but has no information on any of them.

I did not have all of the information available for all of the teen careers. You can fill out the missing info on the options page, under Sim Options, Careers.

Once I have it all, I will be doing an update proceedure, and fix it on the Sims Wiki as well.

---
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#117 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 5:33 PM
This is so cool! Thank you for making such an awesome program!
Instructor
#118 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 10:07 PM
I am getting an unhandled exception when I start the program:

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Sim_Tracker.modMainSubs._IsConnectionAvailable() in C:\Users\Rebecca\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\W7-Sim Tracker\W7 - Sim Tracker\Modules\modMainSubs.vb:line 355
   at Sim_Tracker.modRLMsoft.VersionCheck(Boolean bFirstCheck) in C:\Users\Rebecca\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\W7-Sim Tracker\W7 - Sim Tracker\Modules\modRLMsoft.vb:line 605
   at Sim_Tracker.frmMain.loadForm() in C:\Users\Rebecca\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\W7-Sim Tracker\W7 - Sim Tracker\Forms\001 Main\frmMain.vb:line 5891
   at Sim_Tracker.frmMain.frmMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Rebecca\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\W7-Sim Tracker\W7 - Sim Tracker\Forms\001 Main\frmMain.vb:line 54
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.239 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
W7 - Sim Tracker
    Assembly Version: 1.2.0.2
    Win32 Version: 1.2.0.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/RLMsoft/W7%20-%20Sim%20Tracker/W7%20-%20Sim%20Tracker.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.236 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
RichTextBoxPrintCtrl
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2856.20983
    Win32 Version: 1.0.2856.20983
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/RLMsoft/W7%20-%20Sim%20Tracker/RichTextBoxPrintCtrl.DLL
AxInterop.WMPLib
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/RLMsoft/W7%20-%20Sim%20Tracker/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL
Interop.WMPLib
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/RLMsoft/W7%20-%20Sim%20Tracker/Interop.WMPLib.DLL
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I've installed Framework 4, and and running as admin.

Help?

Thanks!

Liv Loves Simming: http://livlukas.tumblr.com

Liv Loves LiveSimming: http://www.livestream.com/livlukas

Instructor
THANKS POST
#119 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 10:53 PM
Nevermind, figured it out. I had blocked the program from checking for updates in my firewall. But question: What happens when someone who does not have internet tries to run this? Or your site goes down? I suggest stopping that error from popping up...

Thanks for a SUPERB program!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#120 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 5:13 AM
I'm working on a fix for that. Hopefully can have it posted in the near future.

I've been ill, and not able to work on the program for a few weeks.
Test Subject
#121 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 9:20 PM
I've installed the new version, and I cannot get it to run. It's not giving me error messages or anything, it just never starts up.
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 6:06 AM
I seem to be having the same issue of the new version never starting up as well.
Test Subject
#123 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 4:17 PM
I have the same problem. I'm running it as an administrator in Windows 7, click it to start and it just fades. Windows did warn me that it may not have installed properly, but reinstalling hasn't fixed the issue.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#124 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 5:23 PM Last edited by RebaLynnTS : 16th Jun 2012 at 5:34 PM.
I can not reproduce the issue, so I am not sure why it is happening. I'll do some digging, but nothing I did should cause this problem.

Edit: Figured it out afer all, a fix will be up in a little while.

---
Test Subject
#125 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 10:24 PM
It still won't open for me.
Page 5 of 8