Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 11:08 AM
Default Pregnant Morph slider distorted
I try to make a pregnant morph. My idea is to make a universal Pregnant Morph slider that work to all clothes in any category.

I use Swimsuit OnePiece mesh because it already has original EA Pregnant Morph. So I just use the Pregnant Morph imported to the MorphMaker, include following all the instruction in tutorial.

The slider show up in the game, but it just work for the Swimsuit OnePiece mesh. And for the other clothes, it became distorted, there's sharp spikes all over the body when I move the slider. A common for a distorted or corrupted mesh.

I wonder, why it works just for the Swimsuit OnePiece mesh, while the others fail? Is there any trick to make it works? Or is there any mistake I did?

Thank you.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 12:50 PM
That's the way the game works. The morphs depend on numbering the vertices in the mesh, matching them to a new position in a morphed mesh numbered exactly the same way, and moving them according to how much effect the morph is having. Meshes for different clothing have different numbers of vertices numbered differently and in different positions, so if you try to use another mesh's morph you get distortion. It's not possible to use one pregnant mesh for all clothes.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 1:04 PM
But how other full body slider works? Like Height slider for example.

You mean I need to narrowing the range from whole body to just focusing on the belly only, right?

It look like I need to move the vertex one by one.
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 4:24 PM
You could pull this of by making a default belly mesh(and all the morphs) and set it as accesoire.
You hide the default belly/the fit/the thin and the fat into the sims body but keep the pregnant one in place.

I am not 100% sure but by not texturing it the preg belly gets covered by the game outfits.
You will see some texture distortions on some outfits i guess as all outfits are uvmapped diffrent.
No idea how it will look ingame, a original pregnant morph that is already part of a outfit will always look better.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 4:40 PM
@BloomsBase
That is why I use the original EA Pregnant Mesh.

This is getting weird.

I have been testing with belly only mesh.....and it didn't success. I still get the same problem with the sharp spikes.

I'm starting to wonder, the problem probably is not in the mesh, instead in the Milkshape, or anything I forget.

So I try make simpler morph slider, by creating a big breast only. And it didn't success too.

All my creation didn't success. I wonder why?

Does anyone can make any suggestion?
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 4:53 PM
There are 2 diffrent sliders

*a morph based slider like the default/fit/fat/thin and pregnant slider
This slider works on the default mesh(normal) and uses the data of the morphs(wich is stored in the Bgeo file) to change the shape of it.

*a bone based slider like the breast/waist/height sliders
This slider works by editing the joints of the skeleton by moving/rotating or scaling it.
The default mesh is assigned with joint(bone) assignements so it will move along using such a slider.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 5:09 PM Last edited by Celebriton : 23rd Aug 2010 at 5:21 PM.
I use a morph based slider. Just a copy of an original EA Morph file, the Swimsuit OnePiece Pregnant Morph. I convert it to BGEO file to be used in the CAS slider.

This is the screenshots and the files.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  PregBelly Slider.zip (13.2 KB, 1671 downloads) - View custom content
Description: This is the PregBelly Slider package
File Type: zip  PregBelly_Morph 01.zip (43.8 KB, 1179 downloads) - View custom content
Description: This is the BGEO Morph file
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 5:36 PM
A morph (BGEO/GEOM) based slider won't work for this. Let's say that the vertices around the bellybutton on the swimsuit are numbered 300-320 - on another mesh, let's say a dress, those vertices could be in the shoulder, or the hand, or the back, or the legs... a morph based slider tells the game to move vertex 312 this amount forwards and this amount sideways and so on - so if vertex 312 happens to be in the shoulder, then there'll be a spike in the shoulder, and there's nothing you can do about that.

The EA sliders, and other custom sliders, work by moving the bones; which are the same for all meshes. That type of slider may work for this, if there are bones in the right places.

What Base suggested isn't a slider. It's an accessory mesh, all of its own, which looks like a pregnant belly; if you map it right, you may be able to get it to show the texture of the clothes that are underneath it.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 6:05 PM
Oh, I understand now. That explain everything.

I just following the tutorial at here:
CAS Parts - Tutorial: Making a geom-based face slider
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=379878

So what I need is to make Bone based slider. Is there any tutorial for it?
Sockpuppet
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 11:44 PM
Such a slider will give you a fake pregnant belly and can only be used when making a sim(in CAS)
There is already a similar slider(belly slider)
Its here on MTS2

If you want a preg belly on all outfits only when a sim becomes pregnant you should try make a GEOM based accesoire(with a pregbelly)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#11 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 4:40 PM
Great explanation, Whiterider.

Bloom, your idea is interesting, but don't accessories have unnumbered vertices? Can they morph the way clothing does or would this result in a pregnant belly that's assigned in CAS? I'm away from home and can't check for myself.

BTW, the reason mesh-based morphs work for faces and not bodies is that only one set of face meshes is used at all times while bodies are different for each outfit.

Last, as I recall there's a belly bone but I don't think any vertices are assigned to it in the game meshes. I guess you could do default replacements of the game clothing meshes with belly bone assignments and make a bone-based slider for pregnancy - but no, that wouldn't work because the game wouldn't invoke the custom slider when a sim is pregnant.
Sockpuppet
#12 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Great explanation, Whiterider.

Bloom, your idea is interesting, but don't accessories have unnumbered vertices? Can they morph the way clothing does or would this result in a pregnant belly that's assigned in CAS? I'm away from home and can't check for myself.

You can make accesoires that have morphs(working Bgeo files), works the same as clothing.
Already made a few like the fake neck that lets you use female outfits in the male category.
A female shoppinbag were the belt follows the belly.

Few others are the female piercings and male parts i made for the adult site.
The fake neck and male parts are also linked to the skintone files so a pregnant belly should be possible.
It will work for sure with the nude/undies/swim state but the clothing meshes are often uvmapped diffrent so not sure how the textures would fit.
Test Subject
#13 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
Such a slider will give you a fake pregnant belly and can only be used when making a sim(in CAS)
There is already a similar slider(belly slider)
Its here on MTS2

Post link, please!
Sockpuppet
#14 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 1:34 PM
Test Subject
#15 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 9:11 PM
Thank a lot for this mod!!