Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2011 at 5:06 AM
Default making make up
I was wondering if there was a tutorial on how to convert certain make up from the sims 2 to the sims 3.I'm trying to convert the make up from http://www.justsims2.ru/ so i can have it in the sims 3.And I've looked here on MTS and googled but still can't find anything I can understand.And I use to make things for the sims 2 but sims 3 seems a little harder.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th May 2011 at 9:10 AM
Sims 2 makeup works completely differently from Sims 3 makeup, so I don't envy you the task of trying to convert anything - you'll need to use the alpha from the sims 2 texture as your red channel, then paint on any highlights/shadows as the other channels by hand. You could try doing that automatically, but, eesh.. it'd be more trouble than it's worth to tweak and tweak and tweak to get an automatic colour split looking right.

There are a few tutorials on making makeup at the bottom of this page: CTU Tutorials" target="_blank">Tutorials:TS3 CTU Tutorialswiki. I don't know exactly what you want to do, but for most things I would think the lipstick or face overlays tutorial (both actually cover lipstick, it's just that one has an odd name ) would be the most relevant - eyeshadow, blush etc. all work in the same way as lipstick.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.