Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#3851 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 8:15 AM Last edited by Justpetro : 30th Mar 2016 at 8:19 AM. Reason: Add something
A front door with a round window and short columns that could be placed under floor tiles (to use instead of foundation).

Toddlers splash in pools of water - rain puddles and in the toilet after they have messed with it a bit - and seem to enjoy it. So agree to the wish that they should have fun when being bathed.
Advertisement
Scholar
#3852 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Batanau
This works fine at first glance. But if I move my family from the apartment lot (leaving it without any playable families) and into some other apartment lot, a new set of townies is created to occupy the other apartments; this happens even if I've completely removed the first apartment complex.

The batbox has an option to "free" apartment residents if the complex got removed. If you use it after you've deleted the old lot and before you move your family into the new one, they should get their old neighbors back.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Lab Assistant
#3853 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 5:35 PM
I was aware of the No Townie Residents mod and considered using it if there were no other solution. Rather no neighbors than loads of unnecessary sims in my 'hood. Now I think I'll use that as standard to make sure I'll not accidentally create unwanted townies, and rather remove it when I've created neighbors I actually want. Thanks for the help, guys!
Alchemist
#3854 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 2:59 AM
the upload I promised, submitted it Wednesday (3/30).

about shorter columns, the constrainfloorelevation cheat might be able to produce the effect.

unrelated:: household members get a memory if any of them moves out (through any means).
Top Secret Researcher
#3855 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 5:00 PM
Something like a halfway between the toddler eating table and the in game high chair. Toddlers can get in and out themselves, but have to wait for an older sim to serve them food.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Lab Assistant
#3856 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 9:58 AM
I would love for there to be a hack that makes non knowledge sims want to be a supernatural, and once they are one, not to want it curing.

I mean, the states shouldn't be something only knowledge sims want, right? I imagine a nightclub loving pleasure sim would enjoy being a vampire, and maybe a sims with high Sci fi interest would want to be a witch.

I would love it if a hack could cure supernatural racism. If there is a hack for that, please do point me in that direction. Where am I not looking?
Mad Poster
#3857 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 10:11 PM
I wish EA had thought to include a couple of pre-programmed arguments. For example, I wish I could direct Sim couples who have a roomie to argue about the roomie. Or about work hours, and house work. The kind of argument that is likely to come up in the setting of a normal friendship or romantic relationship. Sure, you can make them argue (may be a mod, I don't recall if that's available vanilla) but the thought bubbles are so out of place.

I also wish there was an option to kiss the forehead of a Sim sitting down, both between couples and parents to their kids.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Link Ninja
#3858 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 10:45 PM
Cats should autonomously jump in your sims laps if they are already sitting down and watching tv, reading, or on the computer.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Top Secret Researcher
#3859 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 12:46 PM Last edited by StrangeTownChick : 10th Apr 2016 at 7:33 PM.
I'd love to see a mod to let parents take kids to work--purposefully. It would be nice for a single parent if you pretend there's a daycare center at their workplace, or for bring-your-kid-to-work day. (Do they still do those?) Or if they're like my friend's parents and own their business (but not own in game terms, just in your head, as I'm pretty sure at least children can go along to an owned business) so they take their kids there often.

Edit: Oh, also a way to let kids color. I'm not getting Freetime solely for the activity table, since that's the only thing I'd really want out of it. And it would be nice to put some coloring paper or a set of crayons on any surface or even the floor and let kids and toddlers make drawings. Good for increasing fun in poor families too!

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#3860 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Cats should autonomously jump in your sims laps if they are already sitting down and watching tv, reading, or on the computer.

So should toddlers. And grab at the book or keyboard under those circumstances.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Top Secret Researcher
#3861 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 11:02 AM Last edited by Goldenbtrfly : 11th Apr 2016 at 7:21 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
I'd love to see a mod to let parents take kids to work--purposefully. It would be nice for a single parent if you pretend there's a daycare center at their workplace, or for bring-your-kid-to-work day. (Do they still do those?) Or if they're like my friend's parents and own their business (but not own in game terms, just in your head, as I'm pretty sure at least children can go along to an owned business) so they take their kids there often.

Edit: Oh, also a way to let kids color. I'm not getting Freetime solely for the activity table, since that's the only thing I'd really want out of it. And it would be nice to put some coloring paper or a set of crayons on any surface or even the floor and let kids and toddlers make drawings. Good for increasing fun in poor families too!

Agreed. Something that looks like homework, but is a coloring book that they can continue to work on until full.

On the activity table, it would be so nice if the kids didn't stop coloring after they finish each picture. One can only plaster so many multiples of the bird picture on their walls, and I hate having to micromanage them by selecting it again and again.

EDIT to add:
I wish there was a way to make a Sim randomly select an outfit when they change clothes. For example, if you have 5 outfits in your wardrobe, when a Sim changes into everyday wear, they could randomly select one of the outfits to "swish" into. (This would likely not work with separates, as that could be an UGLY green/purple top and bottom mess easily.)
Alchemist
#3862 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 11:00 PM
about cats jumping into a sim's lap, not sure if anyone figured out the animations for that. If someone has, I think it depend on both cat's and sim's relationship scores.
Mad Poster
#3863 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 6:40 AM
I wish there was a way to make blanket texture changes to items already placed on a lot... when I'm first starting out with some projects, I find myself re-evaluating the color schemes for the building quite a bit. When it comes to changing floor tiles or wallpaper, shift-click works wonders, but sadly, there's no such option for objects like windows or columns. It would be wonderful to have an option to basically say "everything that's currently this texture of this object, change to that texture!"

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Alchemist
#3864 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 11:46 PM
some more of my wants::
-meals, cleaning, and sim-creating each have a progress meter regardless of skill level; like repairing.
-unfinished novels have a "continue"/"resume" interaction; kind of like other unfinished stuff in this game.
-memories anytime a sim gains or looses any relationship icon.
Mad Poster
#3865 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 2:18 AM
Would be nice if the "give financial consulting" option could be a directed action for employees on an owned community lot... you know, the whole "money making money" thing that stock markets and the financial sector are based on? My hedge fund manager needs subordinates to tyrannize!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Scholar
#3866 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Would be nice if the "give financial consulting" option could be a directed action for employees on an owned community lot... you know, the whole "money making money" thing that stock markets and the financial sector are based on? My hedge fund manager needs subordinates to tyrannize!

I know I did something similar with mods from either simwardrobe or simlogical. I had a community lot business that was a newspaper and each sim that worked there was selectable and I directed them to write novels or blog posts and they earned a ton of money. But I can't for the life of me remember how I did it. I got the idea from someone on this forum.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Mad Poster
#3867 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 3:35 PM
Monique's computer has a write article function, and you can assign employees to write.

Scholar
#3868 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Monique's computer has a write article function, and you can assign employees to write.

I am not sure, but I think I used Monique's computer, the visitor controller and the employee scheduler and open sign from here: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_OFB.htm

Mad Poster
#3869 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 3:57 PM
I have realized that I want decorative versions of the Maxis stoves, and also versions that retain the burner-part of it, but no oven even though it looks like it has an oven. Why? Because I want to limit some Sims to things they could cook with a microwave and toaster oven, but kitchens look weird to me without a stove. But some of them I think should be capable of cooking mac and cheese, but still use the toaster oven for the rest. Decorative should be easy enough, but the no-oven ones will take some thinking. The uni stove is like that, but it has that npc spawning capacity. Off I go to ponder.

Alchemist
#3870 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 4:30 PM
That reminds me that I really wanted a hot plate for my poor Sims who couldn't afford a stove.
Field Researcher
#3871 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 4:39 PM
I've got a desert neighbourhood with a few manufactured lawns that I'm sure would waste a metric ton of water. It'd be cool to have some decorative sprinklers that look like they water the grass, purely for decoration and realism purposes. My Google-fu has failed me, any ideas?
Scholar
#3872 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BourgeoisBanana
I've got a desert neighbourhood with a few manufactured lawns that I'm sure would waste a metric ton of water. It'd be cool to have some decorative sprinklers that look like they water the grass, purely for decoration and realism purposes. My Google-fu has failed me, any ideas?

If you have Seasons they are already in the game, but I don't know if you could get them to work without planting.

Mad Poster
#3873 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I have realized that I want decorative versions of the Maxis stoves, and also versions that retain the burner-part of it, but no oven even though it looks like it has an oven. Why? Because I want to limit some Sims to things they could cook with a microwave and toaster oven, but kitchens look weird to me without a stove. But some of them I think should be capable of cooking mac and cheese, but still use the toaster oven for the rest. Decorative should be easy enough, but the no-oven ones will take some thinking. The uni stove is like that, but it has that npc spawning capacity. Off I go to ponder.

I know next to nothing about making objects, so I might be shooting at wildcards here, but perhaps it'd be possible to clone the uni stove and rip out the cafeteria worker part?
Mad Poster
#3874 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 5:48 PM
The uni stove doesn't spawn an NPC on residential lots, unless you have a mod, so it should be fine to just clone it. But you could also remove the NPC part, which is probably best. I'm just not that familiar with NPC spawning objects so I'd need to research it, and my to-do list is already a mile long :P

Mad Poster
#3875 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 7:37 PM
Actually, that reminds me I need to re-create my soup kitchen community lot for broke Sims who need a free meal.
I just set up a kitchen with one of the dorm stoves, Inge's mod to spawn the npcs, and threw a few skilling objects on the upper floor. it was oddly popular amongst the richer Sims as well.

If I wasn't so awful at making lots actually look good, I'd actually see about grabbing AGS and making a version for upload.
Page 155 of 580